Using Fresh Veggies

Food & beverages Discussions
tmoney1224

Using Fresh Veggies

Post by tmoney1224 »

Since it is pretty close to being that time of year where all the farmers markets get stocked with fresh produce, I was wondering if you had any good veggie side dishes or even main dishes.

I went to Bonefish not to long ago and they had this awesome side dish with stewed tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and celery which I have replicated a few times at home. I can eat it all the time, but I would like a few more alternatives.

Thanks chef!
chef97

Re: Using Fresh Veggies

Post by chef97 »

tmoney1224 wrote:Since it is pretty close to being that time of year where all the farmers markets get stocked with fresh produce, I was wondering if you had any good veggie side dishes or even main dishes.

I went to Bonefish not to long ago and they had this awesome side dish with stewed tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and celery which I have replicated a few times at home. I can eat it all the time, but I would like a few more alternatives.

Thanks chef!
I'll post some awesome vegetarian recipes that I have on the hard drive of my PC at work... I have a nice stuffed zucchini recipe that's easy to make and is delicious too....
Chef
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Excellent, I look forward to them.
chef97

Stuffed Zucchini

Post by chef97 »

A little late but here you go tmoney & TTR bros.

Stuffed Zucchini recipe is delicious and if you omit the bacon bits it will be vegetarian (non-vegan) so, you can enjoy either way... "Fat people, we love bacon" :lol:

Ingredients
3 tablespoons melted butter 1 cup bread crumbs 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 tsp fresh minced garlic 4 small zucchini 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 pinch fresh-ground black pepper 3 tablespoons sour cream 1/2 cup bacon bits 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Stir together the melted butter, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a small bowl; set aside. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon and rinse under cold water.
Preheat your oven's broiler. Place the zucchini on a broiler pan, hollowed-side facing up. Season each zucchini with the olive oil and pepper
Roast the zucchini under the broiler until sizzling, about 5 minutes; remove from oven. Layer the sour cream, bacon bits, mozzarella cheese, and the breadcrumb mixture in the center of the zucchini halves in equal amounts. Return the zucchini to the oven until the breadcrumbs are brown and the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. And as always, Happy Cooking!
Chef
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

I pretty much always have all these ingredients on hand. Can't wait to try it.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Forgot to post after I made this last week. I used the little yellow squash/zucchini. Didn't use the bacon and I mixed the sour cream and cheese together before I put them on the hot zucchinis. I thought they were very good. I didn't use all of the bread crumbs, probably only about a 1/4 of the mixture. Also only used about a 3/4 of the cheese mixture. My zucchinis were small though.

Another note, mozzarella and sour cream together is delicious even before melting, lol.

Thanks again chef.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

tmoney1224 wrote: I went to Bonefish not to long ago and they had this awesome side dish with stewed tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and celery which I have replicated a few times at home. I can eat it all the time, but I would like a few more alternatives.

sounds like ratatouille

ratatouille can be froze btw... like spag sauce... even better frozen in small oven bowls with gratted cheese on top...

that's usualy how we use our garden fresh tomatoes, squash and zucchinis when the majority gets all ready at the same time
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

the13r wrote:
tmoney1224 wrote: I went to Bonefish not to long ago and they had this awesome side dish with stewed tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and celery which I have replicated a few times at home. I can eat it all the time, but I would like a few more alternatives.

sounds like ratatouille

ratatouille can be froze btw... like spag sauce... even better frozen in small oven bowls with gratted cheese on top...

that's usualy how we use our garden fresh tomatoes, squash and zucchinis when the majority gets all ready at the same time
Thank Astor, I've heard of ratatouille but I had no idea what it actually was.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

tmoney1224 wrote:
the13r wrote:

sounds like ratatouille

Thank Astor, I've heard of ratatouille but I had no idea what it actually was.
Silly its cartoon.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”