Indian

Food & beverages Discussions
mofo2

Indian

Post by mofo2 »

Anyone Big on Indian food on the board? Nothing else compares for me :D

LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

I don't really know a whole lot about Indian food but it is fantastic. I tinker around with making different curries, but other than that I really don't try and cook Indian food. I cook chicken tandoori sometimes. Always good.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Indian food is surprisingly pretty easy to cook and is full of flavour and your right about the Tandoori Chicken...thats especially Great after a few beers :lol:
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

I had an Indian roomate in college for a year so I got turned on to some of the food. Most of it is pretty good, but the aftermath of eating it makes me pretty apprehensive about getting it often.

My personal favorite is Chicken Tikka Masala
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:I had an Indian roomate in college for a year so I got turned on to some of the food. Most of it is pretty good, but the aftermath of eating it makes me pretty apprehensive about getting it often.

My personal favorite is Chicken Tikka Masala
The next morming can be explosive for sure :lol:
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

stenchasaurous wrote:I like Indian food a lot, but similar to Billa, any trip to an Indian restaurant for me leads to vile gastro-intestinal consequences without fail. My favorites are lamb or goat curries.
Ive never had a Goat Curry, you should try Balti its fantastic!!
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

stenchasaurous wrote:
mofo2 wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:I like Indian food a lot, but similar to Billa, any trip to an Indian restaurant for me leads to vile gastro-intestinal consequences without fail. My favorites are lamb or goat curries.
Ive never had a Goat Curry, you should try Balti its fantastic!!
Looked it up; looks good. Seems like it might be hard to find here in the States though from what I read.
Perhaps....we have such a wide selection of dishes in the UK and many of them have been invented for us by the Resteraunts, the food never tires for me!!
chef97

Re: Indian

Post by chef97 »

mofo2 wrote:Anyone Big on Indian food on the board? Nothing else compares for me :D

I ate at a fancy Indian rest. recently and the food had my taste buds dancing.... Amazing flavor profiles with vegetarian dishes as well as Lamb, shrimp and chicken too... Good stuff man...
Chef
mofo2

Re: Indian

Post by mofo2 »

chef97 wrote:
mofo2 wrote:Anyone Big on Indian food on the board? Nothing else compares for me :D

I ate at a fancy Indian rest. recently and the food had my taste buds dancing.... Amazing flavor profiles with vegetarian dishes as well as Lamb, shrimp and chicken too... Good stuff man...
Good to see at least a few of the board have eaten the food, we have takeaways and Resteraunts on most high streets now in the UK and as you say amazing profiles and such care taken in the preperation!!
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Indian food is the equivalent of Mexican food in the US, er had so many immigrants that the food caught on and now the best cuisine is actually in the States or England. If youre a good Indian chef you can make 30x more by moving to England
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:Indian food is the equivalent of Mexican food in the US, er had so many immigrants that the food caught on and now the best cuisine is actually in the States or England. If youre a good Indian chef you can make 30x more by moving to England
I agree it is the same type of thing that happened in the states with mexican food...Indians better though :wink:
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

I agree it is the same type of thing that happened in the states with mexican food...Indians better though

Ill take Mexican all day everyday, but Indian cuisine is very very diverse. Personally I like Thai the best.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:
I agree it is the same type of thing that happened in the states with mexican food...Indians better though

Ill take Mexican all day everyday, but Indian cuisine is very very diverse. Personally I like Thai the best.
The wife loves Thai, ive always been into strong flavoured food, although French is really good!!
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

The wife loves Thai, ive always been into strong flavoured food, although French is really good!!
As much as I hate them, I think the French have the best food. Anyone that says Italian has clearly never had good french food before.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:
As much as I hate them, I think the French have the best food. Anyone that says Italian has clearly never had good french food before.
I'm a food person so I appreciate Italian food aswell, but most people tend to automatically link french food with snails and frogs legs as a slur and disregard the cuisine...The chicken Casserole and Braised Lamb dishes I eat are beyond delicious!!
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

I'm a food person so I appreciate Italian food aswell, but most people tend to automatically link french food with snails and frogs legs as a slur and disregard the cuisine...The chicken Casserole and Braised Lamb dishes I eat are beyond delicious!!
Yeah I hear you on that, the high end French stuff is what most people think but its not exactly Real French. Real French Cuisine is like what you mention and its cooking at its best, taking "peasant" food and making it delicious. They have perfected meals over centuries where as the Italians took Pasta from the Chinese and got tomatoes from South America relatively recently. Traditional Italian food like the stuff you get in Venetia isnt anything to brag about.

Im just glad your country (and Ireland) have come leaps and bounds in the last two decades or so. The first time I went to England I think most of us lost 5-10 pounds because the food was shit :lol:. Theres something about British beef that just makes it taste weird to us from most other parts of the world. Your pork products and lamb are all out of this world though.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:
Yeah I hear you on that, the high end French stuff is what most people think but its not exactly Real French. Real French Cuisine is like what you mention and its cooking at its best, taking "peasant" food and making it delicious. They have perfected meals over centuries where as the Italians took Pasta from the Chinese and got tomatoes from South America relatively recently. Traditional Italian food like the stuff you get in Venetia isnt anything to brag about.

Im just glad your country (and Ireland) have come leaps and bounds in the last two decades or so. The first time I went to England I think most of us lost 5-10 pounds because the food was shit :lol:. Theres something about British beef that just makes it taste weird to us from most other parts of the world. Your pork products and lamb are all out of this world though.
Ive always found our food good, or so I tell the wife anyways :lol: i'm surprised Beef can taste so vastly different,you never ended up in BK did you Bill :lol:
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:

Ive always found our food good, or so I tell the wife anyways :lol: i'm surprised Beef can taste so vastly different,you never ended up in BK did you Bill :lol:
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:

Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

BK as in Burger King? My brothers and I actually ate McDonalds quite a bit when we went over to visit family back in the way early 90's. The last couple of times Ive been over (I was also in London) I had no problems what so ever finding good food.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:BK as in Burger King? My brothers and I actually ate McDonalds quite a bit when we went over to visit family back in the way early 90's. The last couple of times Ive been over (I was also in London) I had no problems what so ever finding good food.
Food has certainly come on, but unfortunately we dont really cook traditional dishes in our Restaurants, so what people get is our own chefs cooking other countries dishes or variations on them!!
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Big_Billa wrote:BK as in Burger King? My brothers and I actually ate McDonalds quite a bit when we went over to visit family back in the way early 90's. The last couple of times Ive been over (I was also in London) I had no problems what so ever finding good food.
Food has certainly come on, but unfortunately we dont really cook traditional dishes in our Restaurants, so what people get is our own chefs cooking other countries dishes or variations on them!!
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Sunday roast, fish and chips, bangers and mash potatoes, and a traditional breakfast is all you guys need for traditional food lol.
LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

Big_Billa wrote:

Just an fyi, the French learned their culinary principles from the Italians.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Just an fyi, the French learned their culinary principles from the Italians.

According to...

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”