Indian

Food & beverages Discussions
Underweartaker

Post by Underweartaker »

Fucking love Indian food, and now that I'm temporarily back in London I'm trying to stuff my face with as much of it as possible.

I can make Lamb or beef curry with coriander, which is simple enough if a little time consuming. It's probably the best thing I know how to cook.

When I was in Korea no one used ovens, so I could barely cook a thing unless I shallow fried. But what's worse - the Indian restaurants in Seoul were shite. Expensive and small portions. And the naan was wank.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Underweartaker wrote:Fucking love Indian food, and now that I'm temporarily back in London I'm trying to stuff my face with as much of it as possible.

I can make Lamb or beef curry with coriander, which is simple enough if a little time consuming. It's probably the best thing I know how to cook.

When I was in Korea no one used ovens, so I could barely cook a thing unless I shallow fried. But what's worse - the Indian restaurants in Seoul were shite. Expensive and small portions. And the naan was wank.
Are you a Vindaloo type Hot Curry or more of a Madras man then :wink:
LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

Big_Billa wrote:
Just an fyi, the French learned their culinary principles from the Italians.

According to...

http://www.food-links.com/countries/fra ... ronomy.php
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

That was pretty interesting but they still didnt really influence country style cooking that we were talking about that was going on centuries before the Medici girl showed up.

Didnt know that Romans had cheesecake, and the Florentines had forks
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
Underweartaker

Post by Underweartaker »

mofo2 wrote:
Underweartaker wrote:Fucking love Indian food, and now that I'm temporarily back in London I'm trying to stuff my face with as much of it as possible.

Are you a Vindaloo type Hot Curry or more of a Madras man then :wink:
I'm a pussy. Don't really go for the hot stuff. I love the coconut and sweet vegetable tastes, so tikka masala, butter chicken, jalapeno vegetable, etc. stuff like that gets me going.
hughie-d

Post by hughie-d »

If anyone I can upload cooking tips for some really authentic Indian food. I was there for a month last year and when I was in Udaipur (the setting for the James Bond movie Octopussy) I took some cooking classes, the chick was a widower and my god could she cook. Giving cooking classes was the only way she could get an income, the religious belief there states that a women cannot leave the house for a year after her husband dies (Religion huh?) I have spent all my part-time/filler jobs in kitchens, but I was treading water here because this chick was unbelievable at the culinary arts.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”