Question for Chef??

Food & beverages Discussions
BIGBrandon2785

Question for Chef??

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Have you ever BBQ'ed a beef brisket???Ive been wantin to try but have been scared cuz I read it can be a 12-15 hour cook??Any advice??
chef97

Re: Question for Chef??

Post by chef97 »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:Have you ever BBQ'ed a beef brisket???Ive been wantin to try but have been scared cuz I read it can be a 12-15 hour cook??Any advice??
I have done BBQ Beef Brisket in the oven @ 180 for 10 hours before (and that's cheating :D ) but not brisket on a regular BBQ grill because that can't be done right..... Some folks use their "smoker" to cook the BBQ Beef Brisket for the 12 hour deal I think you're talking about....
Chef
BIGBrandon2785

Re: Question for Chef??

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

chef97 wrote:
BIGBrandon2785 wrote:Have you ever BBQ'ed a beef brisket???Ive been wantin to try but have been scared cuz I read it can be a 12-15 hour cook??Any advice??
I have done BBQ Beef Brisket in the oven @ 180 for 10 hours before (and that's cheating :D ) but not brisket on a regular BBQ grill because that can't be done right..... Some folks use their "smoker" to cook the BBQ Beef Brisket for the 12 hour deal I think you're talking about....
Yeah I have a smoker and regular grill too.I like the regular grill better though.I build my fire with charcoal and wood on one side of the pit and cook on the other side of the grill,so its indirect heat.
loseronriver

Post by loseronriver »

I smoked a couple briskets in oct. for 16 hours (overnight) while party and preparing for a bbq the next day.. Freakin meat just fell apart!!

"I knew he didn't want the fight," Dawson said. "He keeps talking about Philly and being a gangster. He's no gangster. Gangsters don't quit. He's weak. He's a weak physically- and mentally-minded person. He has no power."
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

loseronriver wrote:I smoked a couple briskets in oct. for 16 hours (overnight) while party and preparing for a bbq the next day.. Freakin meat just fell apart!!
nice,im pretty sure next time I decide to fire up the smoker thats what im gonna do.What type of wood did you use?

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”