It's Asparagus Time!!!

Food & beverages Discussions
LumpyFats

It's Asparagus Time!!!

Post by LumpyFats »

While springtime isn't quite here yet, our lovely spring vegetable Mr. Asparagus is. I just ate like a pound of it. Quick saute with some olive oil, garlic, fresh pepper, and a squeeze of lemon at the end of it.

Love it on the grill as well, and it's great in risotto and cream sauces, too.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Yes, asparagus! It is normally really expensive here in AZ but this time of year it's cheap and we love it on the grill too..... When they are long and skinny I like those best when they get too thick they can become kind of woody....
Chef
LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

chef97 wrote:Yes, asparagus! It is normally really expensive here in AZ but this time of year it's cheap and we love it on the grill too..... When they are long and skinny I like those best when they get too thick they can become kind of woody....

Agree! Right around March/April is when they are at their peak and cheapest. And, yes, skinniest is best. You barely have to cook them at all, and they are perfect.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

stenchasaurous wrote:Cut it into 2" long sections, wrap it in bacon and skewer the pieces in toothpicks, marinate them in maple syrup, crush black pepper on them and sprinkle with sea salt flakes, then grill until the bacon is slightly crispy and the maple syrup caramelizes.
Sounds yummy stench! I'm going to give this recipe a try this weekend.....
Chef
Erison

Post by Erison »

stenchasaurous wrote:Cut it into 2" long sections, wrap it in bacon and skewer the pieces in toothpicks, marinate them in maple syrup, crush black pepper on them and sprinkle with sea salt flakes, then grill until the bacon is slightly crispy and the maple syrup caramelizes.
I don't know what the fuck you just said, but now I'm hungry.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

Yeah, asparagus enhances every meal!
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

HAHA,Funny this thread popped up today :lol: I never really tryed asparagus before tonight.I went to my grandparents for dinner and they had it. It was pretty damn good,i'll be cooking it more from now on.
Krystal

Post by Krystal »

Asparagus is my fav veggie.
I like melted cheese on top of it too.

/♀\Krys
Guys like Erison love the anal. It's the only time he can really be himself. I know should know. I pegged him one night with a french tickler. He was like, "Oooh Krystal. Can you go deeper? I want to feel it in my stomach. yes, like that. Oh god that feels so good! Lumpy never did it like that"
I watched him lick my strap-on CLEAN! He licked it like a Popsicle. It turned me on to where I had him do me the same. Lumpy watched in awe.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”