Any rice recipies?

Food & beverages Discussions
Erison

Any rice recipies?

Post by Erison »

I'm looking for cheap food that'll fill me up, and there's a cool little Mexican market down the street, and I think I'm gonna start seeing what I can do with rice.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

Boil rice in water, jackass.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
chef97

Re: Any rice recipies?

Post by chef97 »

Erison wrote:I'm looking for cheap food that'll fill me up, and there's a cool little Mexican market down the street, and I think I'm gonna start seeing what I can do with rice.

Add raw rice (pennies per pound) to a package of Lipton French Onion Soup Mix.... Cheap and filling and very tasty.....
Chef
Erison

Post by Erison »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:Boil rice in water, jackass.
Well thanks, nimrod. Got any seasoning tips?
Done posting. RIP TTR.
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Im done tryin to cook rice.Ive burned the rice the last 3 times I tryed to cook it.
Erison

Post by Erison »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:Im done tryin to cook rice.Ive burned the rice the last 3 times I tryed to cook it.
I just made some mush that I think made me sick. And i've been trying to cook red beans for about a week now. I thought Mexican food was easy! WTF?
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

Always start with cold water and rice. Let them heat together to boiling with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Ratio exactly 2:1 water to rice. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered until all the water is absorbed.

Stir fry that rice with some sazon, garlic, black pepper in a wok with cut up pieces of turkey ham, scrambled egg, green pepper, and onions.

Viola! Cheap, tasty, and quick.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

BigPhank211 wrote:Always start with cold water and rice. Let them heat together to boiling with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Ratio exactly 2:1 water to rice. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered until all the water is absorbed.

Stir fry that rice with some sazon, garlic, black pepper in a wok with cut up pieces of turkey ham, scrambled egg, green pepper, and onions.

What's funny is that is basically the exact opposite way that I learned to cook rice except the 2:1 ratio, lol. Bring 2 cups of water to boil, add generous pinch of salt and 1 cup rice. Turn to low, cover and let cook 15 mins. Done.
loseronriver

Post by loseronriver »

tmoney1224 wrote:
BigPhank211 wrote:Always start with cold water and rice. Let them heat together to boiling with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Ratio exactly 2:1 water to rice. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered until all the water is absorbed.

What's funny is that is basically the exact opposite way that I learned to cook rice except the 2:1 ratio, lol. Bring 2 cups of water to boil, add generous pinch of salt and 1 cup rice. Turn to low, cover and let cook 15 mins. Done.
I pour rice and water into my rice cooker and walk away..DONE..

"I knew he didn't want the fight," Dawson said. "He keeps talking about Philly and being a gangster. He's no gangster. Gangsters don't quit. He's weak. He's a weak physically- and mentally-minded person. He has no power."
LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

A good rice cooker is a good investment. You can cook other grains in it too.
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

regulardude wrote:Uncle Ben's 90-second rice in the microwave. They come in orange packets; multitude of flavors.

Get with the program, people.
That's an insult to a true rice eating Geechie Negro like myself. My mom is from North Carolina. I was born eating rice. Uncle Ben's is GARBAGE, not even a reasonable facsimilie of real rice.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
jsant09

Post by jsant09 »

Where you learn to use sazon? You got some Puerto Rican in you? The way you cook the (adding oil and salt) in pretty much Puerto Rican as well.
jsant09

Post by jsant09 »

Where you learn to use sazon? You got some Puerto Rican in you? The way you cook the (adding oil and salt) is pretty much Puerto Rican as well.
Underweartaker

Post by Underweartaker »

regulardude wrote:Uncle Ben's 90-second rice in the microwave. They come in orange packets; multitude of flavors.

You're a bad person.
LumpyFats

Post by LumpyFats »

BigPhank211 wrote:

That's an insult to a true rice eating Geechie Negro like myself. My mom is from North Carolina. I was born eating rice. Uncle Ben's is GARBAGE, not even a reasonable facsimilie of real rice.

That's RICE-ist.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”