***THE*** Lasagna receipe

Food & beverages Discussions
the13r
TTR

***THE*** Lasagna receipe

Post by the13r »

I'll post the lasagna receipe i learned to make when i was 12... easy easy receipe and suprisingly VERY VERY good results

btw BIG BIG thank for the card chef!!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

again this is simple, very very simple but is really good enough to receive invitees at home with this lasagna (with a nice roquette salad as a side order...)... artisanal bread... good wine... good date receipe, can't miss it too...

cheese: the optinal is a mix of mozzarella and strong cheddar with a touch of freshly grated parmesan
if not a medium cheddar or mild can do, sprinkle of commercial parmesan can help

sauce: home made sauce is best (that's what i use)... i do a big batch and freze some for future lasagnas... it's like a spagetthi sauce but with more sting, with a touch of romano or parmesan chese, and a little more sweet (i use yellow bell peppers to naturaly sweeten and brighten (color) my sauces)
If not, a can sauce with a cheesy taste and spicy taste can do and give a suprisingly good result. (i think there are some commercial brands who sell garlic/romano chese and spicy sauce). if ya ou have the saputto brand in your area (i doubt it), they offer a decent lasagna canned sauce
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

to make things even easier, use oven ready pastas...
if you feel like doing the reel thing, go for green spinach pastas, theyll add another taste dimension to your lasagna, and more color too. don;t forget to put the pastas in icy water after they are cooked and you take them off the stove to drain them... if not theyll stick together...

This is a mushroom lover lasagna... if you dont like mushroom... you probably dont like lasagna anyway...

INGREDIENTS:

chese
sauce
oven ready pastas
1 green bell pepper
1 pound of mushrooms
1 small onion
1 can of campbell soup: Cream of mushrooms
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

in a lasagna dish, poor slightly more than a 1/8 of an inch of sauce (1cm) evenly to cover all the dish's bottom
then lay an even stage of pastas to cover all the superficy
then spread some sauce evenly, this time a little less than in the bottom (the reason being when using over ready pastas, the pastas will drink more fluids to cook and the bottom always needs to be moist to not burn)

Now spread the content of the can of mushroom cream evenly on the pastas
and thin slice the pound of mushroom and lay them evenly on the mushroom cream

then spread some sauce evenly to cover all the superficy
then spread some sauce evenly to cover all the superficy

So now you have an almost full tray of lasagna with sauce on top... you can then grate the chese and spread it evenly. add salt and pepper... chop you green bell pepper in full 1/8 of inch slices so it makes rounds... (the round part is for the looks, you can dice it ...) and poor evenly on top. then FINELY dice the small onion and spread on top evenly... the onion gives the chese on the top the slight pizza taste which is the result of grilled onion and chese...

cook at 350 F for 45 minutes, let the lasagna cool down for 10 minutes before digging in

i dare you to try it, you will keep this receipe close and do it again

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”