MEATLOAF!!!

Food & beverages Discussions
BG Mets31

MEATLOAF!!!

Post by BG Mets31 »

Wow, just made the best meatloaf ever, it has bacon inside of it. Lot's of bacon. When I stop gorging I'll post a recipe.
PaulieJ'z

Re: MEATLOAF!!!

Post by PaulieJ'z »

BG Mets31 wrote:Wow, just made the best meatloaf ever, it has bacon inside of it. Lot's of bacon. When I stop gorging I'll post a recipe.
Sounds good. One of my favorites.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

mines got these ingredients in, its a meatloaf that holds very well together, you can even thin slice it for sandwich

italian flavored bread crumbs
grinded veal
mandoline sliced carrots
green and red pepper
onion
egg
touch of milk

i slow cook it in tomatoe juice with big chunks of carrots, celery and onions and a touch of sugar

once it's cooked, i get it out of teh sauce and let it cool down so it can be thin sliced

i like to serve it with egg noodles (with the sauce on the noodles and grated chese)
chef97

Post by chef97 »

the13r wrote:mines got these ingredients in, its a meatloaf that holds very well together, you can even thin slice it for sandwich

italian flavored bread crumbs
grinded veal
mandoline sliced carrots
green and red pepper
onion
egg
touch of milk

i slow cook it in tomatoe juice with big chunks of carrots, celery and onions and a touch of sugar

once it's cooked, i get it out of the sauce and let it cool down so it can be thin sliced

i like to serve it with egg noodles (with the sauce on the noodles and grated chese)
I like this recipe so, I'll give it a try..... It's also nice to see another board member use a mandolin, Astor is quite the gourmet fellas....
Chef
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

Meatloaf with bacon inside? I'm listening...
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

I stuff mine with jalapeno corn bread (and some diced up bacon) and put bacon strips / cheese on the outside right before its almost done.
BG Mets31

Post by BG Mets31 »

1 pound ground beef
10 slices of bacon
2 eggs
1/4 bread crumbs
1/3 cup of diced tomatoes (you can substitute with ketchup or bbq sauce if you want, but it won't be as healthy, not that that's the goal anyway)
salt and pepper for seasoning

Cook bacon however you prefer. With this quantity, it's easier to do in an oven on a baking sheet. 18-20 minutes on 400., better if it's on the crispy side, and chop it up into small pieces

Beat eggs, throw them in a bowl with the beef and breadcrumbs and bacon..season accordingly

Fit into a pan. Cooking time depends on the pan you use. 400 degrees though and use your brain

*** I like spicy food, so I added a decent amount of crushed red pepper into the bowl when I mixed it all up, gave it a nice kick.

It's fucking AWESOME. Great thing is if you make a lot of it, it's easy to slice up into individual servings and freeze. Save it for later when you're too tired to cook. Heat it up, throw it between 2 slices of bread, and you have yourself a nice sandwich right there.
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

chef97

Post by chef97 »

BG Mets31 wrote:1 pound ground beef
10 slices of bacon
2 eggs
1/4 bread crumbs
1/3 cup of diced tomatoes (you can substitute with ketchup or bbq sauce if you want, but it won't be as healthy, not that that's the goal anyway)
salt and pepper for seasoning

Cook bacon however you prefer. With this quantity, it's easier to do in an oven on a baking sheet. 18-20 minutes on 400., better if it's on the crispy side, and chop it up into small pieces

Beat eggs, throw them in a bowl with the beef and breadcrumbs and bacon..season accordingly

Fit into a pan. Cooking time depends on the pan you use. 400 degrees though and use your brain

*** I like spicy food, so I added a decent amount of crushed red pepper into the bowl when I mixed it all up, gave it a nice kick.

It's fucking AWESOME. Great thing is if you make a lot of it, it's easy to slice up into individual servings and freeze. Save it for later when you're too tired to cook. Heat it up, throw it between 2 slices of bread, and you have yourself a nice sandwich right there.
Sounds fricken awesome BG! I don't know what it is around the rest of the country but here in AZ bacon is currently at $6.35 US per pound...... :shock: That's as much as Sirlloin steak per pound is here.....
Chef
BG Mets31

Post by BG Mets31 »

WOW, that's expensive. It was $3.99 at the supermarket the other day when I went.

This weekend I made that "daktoritang" korean recipe, meatloaf yesterday, burritos on saturday, and beef stew today. I've got enough food to feed an army. Freeze it all up and I'm good for a while when I get lazy.
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

Guy's , let me know if you want to know the GREATEST ingredient to add to a meatloaf or even burgers.
Ali wrote:I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my
bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

NateKN250 wrote:Guy's , let me know if you want to know the GREATEST ingredient to add to a meatloaf or even burgers.
If it's what I think it is, MILMAN is the only one that will like it.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:
NateKN250 wrote:Guy's , let me know if you want to know the GREATEST ingredient to add to a meatloaf or even burgers.
Oh is MILMAN the new babak?

No it's not THAT, it's worcester sauce. I'm telling you, it changes the state of the meat. If you know what I mean.
Ali wrote:I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my
bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:
what the fuck?

LOL
WhyteHypeBG

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

USMILMAN wrote:
WhyteHypeBG wrote:
what the fuck?

LOL
It rhymes he seaman. :lol: :lol:

I was just trying to make sure you're checking all the forums.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”