BBQ Ribs

Food & beverages Discussions
BIGBrandon2785

BBQ Ribs

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

How do yall Q yours??Do you use baby back or spares??Sauce or no sauce?What kinda sauce?ect.??

I BBQ mine with the 3-2-1- method.

-I start off wit a St.Louis cut spare rib,I rub it up reel good with a good rub and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
-I then fire up my grill with charcoal and apple wood(or hickory or cherry) in half of the pit.
-After the fire gets right I throw the ribs on the side with no fire for 3 hours and close the lid.
-After 3 hours I wrap in foil and pour apple juice in with them for 2 more hours.
-After that 2 hours is up,I take out of the foil and let cook for about 1 hour.The last 20 minutes I slather with sauce and get ready to grub :D :D

Them some good ribs
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

No fans off good BBQ???DAMN?Thought we had some Que fans up in here
Walstan86

Post by Walstan86 »

I think they all got too hungry waiting 6 hours for your fine ribs to come to table. Prolly all at Burger King now. lol
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Walstan86 wrote:I think they all got too hungry waiting 6 hours for your fine ribs to come to table. Prolly all at Burger King now. lol
:lol: :lol:
Good BBQ takes time,Key to BBQ is "Low and slow".6 hours aint nothin,Brisket takes 10-12 hours
chef97

Re: BBQ Ribs

Post by chef97 »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:How do yall Q yours??Do you use baby back or spares??Sauce or no sauce?What kinda sauce?ect.??

-I start off wit a St.Louis cut spare rib,I rub it up reel good with a good rub and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
-I then fire up my grill with charcoal and apple wood(or hickory or cherry) in half of the pit.
-After the fire gets right I throw the ribs on the side with no fire for 3 hours and close the lid.
-After 3 hours I wrap in foil and pour apple juice in with them for 2 more hours.
-After that 2 hours is up,I take out of the foil and let cook for about 1 hour.The last 20 minutes I slather with sauce and get ready to grub :D :D

Them some good ribs
Sounds awesome Brando! I like the apple juice method too..... Care to share your rub recipe bro?

Thanks!
Chef
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

chef97 wrote:
BIGBrandon2785 wrote:How do yall Q yours??Do you use baby back or spares??Sauce or no sauce?What kinda sauce?ect.??

Them some good ribs
Sounds awesome Brando! I like the apple juice method too..... Care to share your rub recipe bro?

Thanks!
I rub I use is nothing special

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/8 cup seasoned salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup granulated mustard
1/8 cup cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes

Now on the other hand I also buy diffrent rubs and the best one ive found so far is Plowboys Yardbird rub.You can get it at Bass Pro Shop and its hands down the best ive tryed.
http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/1021316 ... eviews.htm
chef97

Post by chef97 »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:
chef97 wrote:

Them some good ribs

Thanks!
I rub I use is nothing special

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/8 cup seasoned salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup granulated mustard
1/8 cup cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes

Now on the other hand I also buy diffrent rubs and the best one ive found so far is Plowboys Yardbird rub.You can get it at Bass Pro Shop and its hands down the best ive tryed.
http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/1021316 ... eviews.htm
Good stuff bro, thanks!
Chef
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

chef97 wrote:

Them some good ribs

Thanks!
A buddy of mine lets his sit unseasoned overnight after pouring a can of Coke over them. They taste sweet and the carbonation tenderizes them nicely.
Last edited by DBO on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

DBO wrote:
chef97 wrote:

Them some good ribs

Thanks!
A buddy of mine lets his sit unseasoned overnight after pouring a can of Coke over them. They tastes sweet and the carbonation tenderizes them nicely.
Never tryed it but I might give it a shot.I sometimes season them up with a rub and wrap them in plastic wrap over night.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Walstan86 wrote:I think they all got too hungry waiting 6 hours for your fine ribs to come to table. Prolly all at Burger King now. lol
Plus Burger King makes ribs now too.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Here is an easy to make Asian style BBQ sauce that is awesome!

24 oz hoisin sauce
24 oz ketchup
2 oz soy sauce
6 oz rice wine vinegar
3 tblsp fresh garlic
1 tblsp ginger
2 tblsp minced fresh chiles (serrano or jalapeno)

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and baste on your favorite spare ribs during the last 15 minutes of cooking....

And, as always happy cooking!
Chef
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

chef97 wrote:Here is an easy to make Asian style BBQ sauce that is awesome!

24 oz hoisin sauce
24 oz ketchup
2 oz soy sauce
6 oz rice wine vinegar
3 tblsp fresh garlic
1 tblsp ginger

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and baste on your favorite spare ribs during the last 15 minutes of cooking....

That sounds great,I also bet that would be fire on a grilled ribeye sliced up on white rice and broccoli.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:

24 oz hoisin sauce
24 oz ketchup
2 oz soy sauce
6 oz rice wine vinegar
3 tblsp fresh garlic
1 tblsp ginger

That sounds great,I also bet that would be fire on a grilled ribeye sliced up on white rice and broccoli.
Good call Brando! I was thinking this sauce would be good with beef ribs too but a ribeye steak even better!
Chef
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

chef97 wrote:
BIGBrandon2785 wrote:

24 oz hoisin sauce
24 oz ketchup
2 oz soy sauce
6 oz rice wine vinegar
3 tblsp fresh garlic
1 tblsp ginger

Good call Brando! I was thinking this sauce would be good with beef ribs too but a ribeye steak even better!
Both sound great,ether way as soon as this weather is passed by ill be grillin that ribeye up :D
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

stenchasaurous wrote:Personally, I don't like pork ribs, so just beef for me. I also like to keep things simple, because I want to taste the meat, and I don't usually have all day to cook them, so it's got to be quick. This will sound like sacrilege, especially as a southerner, but I do my ribs using the broiler on high in my oven. I take each rack, and season both sides with crushed black pepper and sea salt flakes. Then I brush both sides up lightly with some golden syrup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup) and let it sit for about half an hour. Then, I just lay them out on the broiling pan, put them in on each side for 3-4 minutes, and voila. Nice salty and slightly sweet ribs with some caramelization due to the syrup, good crispy fat, and medium rare meat.
I dont think I ever broiled anything?? :lol: Nothin wrong with that though.If their good,then their good.That syrup on ribs aint bad.My uncle puts maple syrup on his pork ribs.Pretty decent.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Bump, RIP Big B

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”