A simple but good BBQ Pork Ribs recipe

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

A simple but good BBQ Pork Ribs recipe

Post by chef97 »

Cajun Spiced Honey Glazed BBQ Ribs

Ingredients:

(1) slab Pork Ribs 4-5 lb. average cut into three sections

You can now get a "Cajun Spice" blend at your local grocer but if there is a request for the dry rub, later on this thread I will list all the ingredients and quantities needed. But you may have to have quite the selection of herbs and spices in your cup board to pull it off... Anyway,

1/2 cup dry Cajun Spice blend
1/2 cup fresh minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup honey

Combine ingredients to make a paste then coat Ribs evenly with mixture and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to cooking.

Cook Ribs on Charcoal or gas grill on med high heat turning frequently so as not to burn until internal temperature reaches min of 155 degrees F. Then brush with honey for about another 5 minutes on each side to carmalize the ribs. To cook in the oven place Ribs on a roasting rack and cook at 350 degrees for about an hour or until internal temp reaches 155 then brush Ribs with honey and cook for an aditional 10 minutes. If you don't have a food thermometer go out and buy one they are cheap and will ensure food is safe for you and your family to eat. But if you don't have a probe yet just use the old method of cutting into the thickest part of the meat and have a look. If the juices run clear it's done. If you see blood cook it some more...

I hope some of you guys/girls try this recipe and as always happy grilling!
Chef
Walstan86

Post by Walstan86 »

Thanx, pal. :)
icefold

Post by icefold »

Chef will this work on beef ribs
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Yes, my brother this recipe would go excellent with beef, chicken and pork and I'll bet Shrimp too. But with this econmy I haven't bought any good shrimp for my home in a while now...
Chef
icefold

Post by icefold »

GREAT! I just fire up the grill good timing. Thanks Chef :D
bigstave007

Post by bigstave007 »

as always thanks chef!
icefold

Post by icefold »

Great recipe my family love them Thank Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bump to transfer in the FOOD and BEVERAGE forum
chef97

Re: A simple but good BBQ Pork Ribs recipe

Post by chef97 »

Most of the time I just buy Cajun spice blend at my local grocer but for guys that are ambitious enough to make their own Cajun spice blend here's what you'll need....

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup cayenne
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup garlic granules
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons onion granules
2 tablespoons oregano, dry
2 tablespoons thyme, dry
Chef
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

my grill's fire box is rusitng out. been looking for a new one but they cost too much. found a small smoker for like $35 at walmart. kinda small have to cut two bones off the end to fit inside. came out awesome.

next time i bbq i'll get pics.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

CageyVeteran wrote:my grill's fire box is rusitng out. been looking for a new one but they cost too much. found a small smoker for like $35 at walmart. kinda small have to cut two bones off the end to fit inside. came out awesome.

next time i bbq i'll get pics.
As always, Happy Grilling! I have fired up my BBQ just twice so far this year ; last weekend was partly sunny temps in the 60's F so I made the ribs.... :D Lot's of rain in the forecast this weekend here in WA state so no BBQ this weekend for me..... :(
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”