Food & beverages Discussions
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

That sounds like the most unhealthiest crap EVER! :shock:

...but I want one. :drool:

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
Erison

Post by Erison »

Sounds good, but whats a fried oyster like on a sammich? Not best to order seafood in my area, lol, so I'm not 100% sure about that.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Erison

Post by Erison »

regulardude wrote:
Erison wrote:Sounds good, but whats a fried oyster like on a sammich? Not best to order seafood in my area, lol, so I'm not 100% sure about that.
I live in DC but got fam in Maryland (seafood is awesome there, obviously). Where you at, Erison?
Wilmington, Delaware. We're a coastal state, so you'd think it'd be decent. But only the higher scale places have anything passable. During the summer I go down to my rich grandfather's condo in Cape May, New Jersey and mate on the fishing boats at his dock. That's where its at for sea food.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Erison

Post by Erison »

regulardude wrote:
Erison wrote:
regulardude wrote: I live in DC but got fam in Maryland (seafood is awesome there, obviously). Where you at, Erison?
Wilmington, Delaware. We're a coastal state, so you'd think it'd be decent. But only the higher scale places have anything passable. During the summer I go down to my rich grandfather's condo in Cape May, New Jersey and mate on the fishing boats at his dock. That's where its at for sea food.
Ahh, cool. Oddly enough I know only one fun fact about Wilmington: I think Steve Buscemi and Vince Vaughn got into a brawl at a bar there and Buscemi got knifed in the face and required plastic surgery. Then Vaughn pummeled somebody in his defense.
I heard about that! During filming Domestic Disturbance I believe. Crazy. Cant imagine Buscemi being tough at all...

I do want to get a small tattoo of his face. Lol, I think it'd be hilarioud having his googly eyed smile on my arm.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

stenchasaurous wrote:Anyone here had a Montecristo? The one I had in Montana last summer had ham, turkey and swiss chesse, on french toast, deep fried, with powdered sugar and strawberry jam on top. I don't know if that's how they always are, but it was good shit. My favorites in general are probably Philly cheese steak, Reubens from good delis, good California clubs, or real shrimp po' boys in New Orleans.
oh yeah i had a montecristo once,that was good stuff.Too bad the only place in town that served one closed down
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

What does pollution taste like bro? :lol:
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Erison

Post by Erison »

RASTA666 wrote:What does pollution taste like bro? :lol:
Hahahaha, probably shockingly similar!
Done posting. RIP TTR.
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

This place that used to be owned by Colombians right near my job used to make this one sandwich called "the beehive". I forget what it had (honey-glazed ham or some crap, obviously, but forget the rest), but the shit was DELICIOUS.
My ex girl called me up one day to see how I was doing, and wondered if we could go to lunch so she could eat the sandwich.
2 + 2 = 4. The bitch called me so she could get the sandwich. :idea:

supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

regulardude wrote:
supermaxpapic wrote:This place that used to be owned by Colombians right near my job used to make this one sandwich called "the beehive". I forget what it had (honey-glazed ham or some crap, obviously, but forget the rest), but the shit was DELICIOUS.
My ex girl called me up one day to see how I was doing, and wondered if we could go to lunch so she could eat the sandwich.
2 + 2 = 4. The bitch called me so she could get the sandwich. :idea:
Nice! I had an ex-gf call me up once...to ask me advice about her current boyfriend. D'oh!
HAHA!
That's pretty bad.

Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

Okay people dont laugh but I was thinking back to my younger days. Have you ever put the mayo on the bread, but then you realized you aint got any bologna? Yes Bert has consumed a few cheese(w/ no meat) sandwiches.(lol) Am I the only one that has eaten a cheese sandwich? Dont be shy to fess up.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

Bertel1 wrote:Okay people dont laugh but I was thinking back to my younger days. Have you ever put the mayo on the bread, but then you realized you aint got any bologna? Yes Bert has consumed a few cheese(w/ no meat) sandwiches.(lol) Am I the only one that has eaten a cheese sandwich? Dont be shy to fess up.
Dude, stop living it up. That's a millionnaire people's sandwich.

The Mad one has partaken in PLENTY of ketchup and mayo sandwiches in his younger days. THAT, my friend(s), is a broke man's special. 8)

Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

supermaxpapic wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:Okay people dont laugh but I was thinking back to my younger days. Have you ever put the mayo on the bread, but then you realized you aint got any bologna? Yes Bert has consumed a few cheese(w/ no meat) sandwiches.(lol) Am I the only one that has eaten a cheese sandwich? Dont be shy to fess up.
Dude, stop living it up. That's a millionnaire people's sandwich.

The Mad one has partaken in PLENTY of ketchup and mayo sandwiches in his younger days. THAT, my friend(s), is a broke man's special. 8)

Hey bro. I didnt think it got any worse than a cheese sammich.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
pafoti
TTR Donator II

Post by pafoti »

There is a Kosher Deli in Wheaton, MD called Max's. They have this thing called a schwarma. My friend who lives in Austin took me there about 10 years ago. Everyperson I have taken their has gone back after that. Me and a couple of co-workers used to drive 45 minutes for lunch when the boss was out, slam one down in like 10 minutes then enjoy the taste on the drive back. It's like a gyro, but a whole lot better. If you like spicy, ask the guy to make it extra spicy. If you live down in MD/VA/DC, look the place up, it's the sh*t. It's on University Blvd. If you don't like it, I'll send you the $10. Get the whole one, not half. If you like falafel, they have them too. It' get's pretty crowded around 12, so go a little later. Make sure it's not a Jewish Holiday, cause they are closed. Learned that the hard way after driving there.
GREYGTBANDIT
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

stenchasaurous wrote:Anyone here had a Montecristo? The one I had in Montana last summer had ham, turkey and swiss chesse, on french toast, deep fried, with powdered sugar and strawberry jam on top. I don't know if that's how they always are, but it was good shit. My favorites in general are probably Philly cheese steak, Reubens from good delis, good California clubs, or real shrimp po' boys in New Orleans.
Thats an awesome sandwicth if you can find a place that has one on the menu.
I am one of the few who will go to town on liverworst sandwicth.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Next time try putting the mayo lightly on the outside and toss it on a grill. This is a more commonly accepted way to eat this kind of sandwicth.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bump to transfer in the FOOD and BEVERAGE forum
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

I have always been a big fan of a cold Italian combo.
jsant09

Post by jsant09 »

Here's the Montecristo at Melt Bar & Grilled here in Cleveland. The whole concept of the restaurant is grilled cheese -- every sandwich is a variation on grilled cheese.

My favorite sandwich is the Cuban from Lelolai Bakery in Cleveland:

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”