Grilling Season Recipes

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

Grilling Season Recipes

Post by chef97 »

What's up my bros!

Here are a couple of member requested, simple but really tasty recipes for the upcoming grilling season...

Indonesian influenced Marinade

4 med onions , chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Combine ingredients and marinate 1 pound of Chicken, Pork or Seafood for 4 hours before grilling, reserve remaining marinade and baste while cooking

New Southwest Marinade

5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons raspberry vinegarette
1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup chopped Chipoltle chilies

Combine ingredients and marinate 1 pound of Chicken, Pork or Seafood for 4 hours before grilling

Bistro style Steak marinade

4 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine ingredients and marinate 1 pound of lean/choice sirloin of beef steak for 4 hours before grilling

Even though here in AZ we are grilling now before you know it you will be firing up your BBQ where you are soon... 8)

Happy cooking my bros!
Chef
Andyl

Post by Andyl »

Sweet thanks Chef.

Im playing Mr.Mom right now while im going to school so I cook dinner almost every night of the week and alot of the time it involves the grill
fightfanatic1
TTR Donator II

Post by fightfanatic1 »

right on Chef!!!!
It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Cool!

Bump this thread so da guys that aren't around right now can get a looksie this weekend.... 8)
Chef
Chi_Box
TTR Contributor

Post by Chi_Box »

very nice - thanks for posting that.

cant wait to golf, sit in the bleachers, and try out these new grillin ideas.. . come on nice weather
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

amazing thanks, already making me hungry
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
davidashley

Post by davidashley »

awesome
"Sooner or later, 69 will be in your face." - Al Michaels
bigstave007

Post by bigstave007 »

nice chef, btw, still love the spagetti recipe, still using it bro
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

Good Stuff, Thank you very much Chef !
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I'll be adding these to the other 2 recipes you have given me. Thanks.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bump to transfer in the FOOD and BEVERAGE forum
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Grilling Season Recipes

Post by straycat »

Not a dash of this pinch of that kind of guy Chef. You ever think of putting this stuff in a bottle and labeling it?

Thanks for the compliment Stray, yeah I have thought about it but that's as far as it went...
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Southwest marinade works well - good looking out.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Just a guy wrote:Southwest marinade works well - good looking out.
Thanks for the feedback my friend.... Please feel free to share your recipe(s) here....

Thanks again!
Chef
chef97

Re: Grilling Season Recipes (sweet-n-spicy grilled chicken)

Post by chef97 »

Sweet-n-spicy grilled chicken
2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 half chickens (about 3 pounds total)
1 (10-ounce) jar orange marmalade jelly (about 1 1/4 cups)
Juice and orange zest from 1 fresh orange
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (dry rosemary will do)
1 large fresh minced Jalapeno
2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro parsley
Vegetable oil, for grilling
Directions
1. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Season the chicken w/ salt and pepper and rub inside & out on both sides of chicken. In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients set aside.

2. Brush the grill grate with oil. Grill the chicken halves, bone side down, for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until there are dark grill marks on the skin, about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken again and brush the skin with the jelly mixture. Continue cooking, brushing the skin every 10 minutes with the jelly mixture, reserving some for serving, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh but not touching the bone registers 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes more or until when pierced juices run clear. Be careful to not burn the skin on the chicken although finished product will be kind of dark because of the sugar in the orange marmalade.... Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into serving pieces and serve with the extra glaze on the side.... As always, happy cooking!
Chef
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Chef have you ever messed around with the ingredient : galangal ? It looks like ginger but has a pretty distinct taste. it was huge over in Asia ( at least Thailand) , but I had never even heard of it
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Big_Billa wrote:Chef have you ever messed around with the ingredient : galangal ? It looks like ginger but has a pretty distinct taste. it was huge over in Asia ( at least Thailand) , but I had never even heard of it
No, but I will have to check it out and it's availability thru my vendor at work because one of the new promotions for our new Fall menu is "Explore Thailand".... What I'd really like is to sample some of that legendary "Thai stick" herb..... 8)
Chef
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

chef97 wrote:
Big_Billa wrote:Chef have you ever messed around with the ingredient : galangal ? It looks like ginger but has a pretty distinct taste. it was huge over in Asia ( at least Thailand) , but I had never even heard of it
No, but I will have to check it out and it's availability thru my vendor at work because one of the new promotions for our new Fall menu is "Explore Thailand".... What I'd really like is to sample some of that legendary "Thai stick" herb..... 8)
If it wasnt punishable by death I would have brought some back to Singapore with me. Rastas area still got the best bud I've ever smoked. The northern lights I had in Amsterdam put me in a damn near coma
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Just thought I would share my grill purchase story for those of you who aren't my friends on fb.

My new grill and the crazy story behind it. I have been ogling this grill for a while now, ever since we decided we were going to move and I could not bring my beloved natural gas-built in grill with me. This beautiful Weber Genisis grill is fantastic but out of my price range. I continued the search for a reasonably price solid grill.

Fast forward to last Thursday. Grant and I are ceiling fan shopping and I do my normal once over of the grill section to see if there are any good deals to be had. I see a grill on the outdoor exit area that catches my eye. I give it a good look over and realize immediately, that the grill has been mis-marked. This is a "Spirit" Grill (the lower end of the Weber grills) but it is not the 210 as marked, but the 310, a $100 more expensive grill than is currently showing. I think about it for a second or two and decide I am going to hop on the error and see if we can get ourselves a deal.

I tell the cashiers I want that specific grill and that they can just wheel it around somewhere and I will be back to pick it up in a short time when I have an appropriate vehicle. The purchase goes off without a hitch. We leave and return a while later but see no grill in the area they said it would be. We sit and wait, and wait, and wait, finally someone comes back with "correct" 210 grill. I play dumb and tell them that is not the grill I purchased a short time ago. The worker immediately knows the situation and explains that there was an item mis-marked and someone else came in and purchased the same grill I had purchased. Crap! So he says he can order me one of the 310 models from another store and have it shipped here for the same price that I was charged. I say fine, still getting the good deal, just will take a few days to get it here.

Fast forward to today. Grant receives a phone call and the Spirit 310 grill they were going to ship here from Olatha was sold before they were able to ship it, so instead of making us wait again until one becomes available they will be giving us the Genesis 310 Grill (the one that I've wanted but was too expensive) for the price of the original Spirit 210 grill. The results: a $300 price difference and a very happy girl.

BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

tmoney1224 wrote:Just thought I would share my grill purchase story for those of you who aren't my friends on fb.

My new grill and the crazy story behind it. I have been ogling this grill for a while now, ever since we decided we were going to move and I could not bring my beloved natural gas-built in grill with me. This beautiful Weber Genisis grill is fantastic but out of my price range. I continued the search for a reasonably price solid grill.

Fast forward to last Thursday. Grant and I are ceiling fan shopping and I do my normal once over of the grill section to see if there are any good deals to be had. I see a grill on the outdoor exit area that catches my eye. I give it a good look over and realize immediately, that the grill has been mis-marked. This is a "Spirit" Grill (the lower end of the Weber grills) but it is not the 210 as marked, but the 310, a $100 more expensive grill than is currently showing. I think about it for a second or two and decide I am going to hop on the error and see if we can get ourselves a deal.

I tell the cashiers I want that specific grill and that they can just wheel it around somewhere and I will be back to pick it up in a short time when I have an appropriate vehicle. The purchase goes off without a hitch. We leave and return a while later but see no grill in the area they said it would be. We sit and wait, and wait, and wait, finally someone comes back with "correct" 210 grill. I play dumb and tell them that is not the grill I purchased a short time ago. The worker immediately knows the situation and explains that there was an item mis-marked and someone else came in and purchased the same grill I had purchased. Crap! So he says he can order me one of the 310 models from another store and have it shipped here for the same price that I was charged. I say fine, still getting the good deal, just will take a few days to get it here.

Fast forward to today. Grant receives a phone call and the Spirit 310 grill they were going to ship here from Olatha was sold before they were able to ship it, so instead of making us wait again until one becomes available they will be giving us the Genesis 310 Grill (the one that I've wanted but was too expensive) for the price of the original Spirit 210 grill. The results: a $300 price difference and a very happy girl.

NICE!!!!Weber grills are the way to go.Im looking to pick me up a Weber gas grill as well..........Don't think ima find a deal like that though :lol:
chef97

Post by chef97 »

tmoney1224 wrote:Just thought I would share my grill purchase story for those of you who aren't my friends on fb.

Sweet grill tmoney! I'm sure you will create some culinary delights on the new grill this weekend.... 8)
Chef
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Yeah BB, I was going Weber all the way. Almost got a previous generation of the Spirit Grill off Craiglist for $100, but was too slow. Oh well, I will definitely take this result.

It has been fun so far that's for sure. It gets blazing hot really fast! I did up some burgers and brats just for an easy test the first day. Did some BBQ pork chops the other night that turned out great. Have a couple of steak in the fridge that will be getting thrown on soon. Makes beautiful grill marks. I freaking love grilling.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Carne Asada Marinade

A couple lbs of Flank Steak w/Mexican Beer and Lime, marinade in fridge in the AM, grill.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I bought broil king, this is the exact same model above... not mine though, just a google pic... It works on both natural and propane gas... i only use it on natural gas, plugged straight in the city line natural gas grid... so no worries about running out lol

I bought the one with the mecanized mechoui rotating horizontal bar and it comes with an horizontal tube that throws flames on the meat for Mehcouis... otherwise the bottom burner cause fire with the fat dripping from the meat....

It's an expensive investment if you consider i had to pay 300$ to get a gas outlet installed outside plus the price of the BBQ... But in the end it's ALL worth it... i don't pay for propane thanks, the natural gas is cheap here, plus i can cook tougher piece of meat like pork lounge for 2 to 3 hours and it taste AWESOME... even tender and MUCH more juicy than filet mignon lol... so those are big savings...

But now me and mylene almost don't eat meat so it gets used MUCH less...

still a great great BBQ with massive grills
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Rock on Astor. I thought very hard about getting a natural gas one when I first started looking, but it just wasn't feasible right now to get a new line pumped in and where the grill is located. That was, by far, the best thing about the grill at my old house.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”