The best brand of hot dog where you live?

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

The best brand of hot dog where you live?

Post by chef97 »

I'm partial to all beef Kosher hot dogs like Nathan's or Hebrew National's but back when I lived in Chicago they had a brand called Real Kosher and those were awesome too.... What's your favorite hot dog where you live?
http://forward.com/food/176755/top-dog- ... g-in-amer/
Chef
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: The best brand of hot dog where you live?

Post by Primetyme199 »

I get mine from the German Butcher around the corner from me. Made in the store.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Primetyme199 wrote:I get mine from the German Butcher around the corner from me. Made in the store.
Nice.... 8) I'll bet they are in the natural casing and crunch when you bite them too......
Chef
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

chef97 wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:I get mine from the German Butcher around the corner from me. Made in the store.
Nice.... 8) I'll bet they are in the natural casing and crunch when you bite them too......
Oh yes.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

In Wisconsin it is bratwust or nothing. Klements is the best
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

there is a Los Angeles style dog, wrapped with bacon and served with grilled onions and peppers. The brand itself though is left up to the preparer.

I like Hebrew National or any other all beef dog myself.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:In Wisconsin it is bratwust or nothing. Klements is the best
Oh yeah! 8) Bring them to a boil in beer then grill on the BBQ and serve w/ cooked onions or sauerkraut....
Chef
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Hebrew National 1/4 Pounders on the grill are awesome. Superior to Nathan's in my opinion... I haven't done a storebought that I like better.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Just a guy wrote:Hebrew National 1/4 Pounders on the grill are awesome. Superior to Nathan's in my opinion... I haven't done a storebought that I like better.
Cool man, they don't have that pack size here they only have 8 in a 16oz pack but you're right those big ones are juicy and awesome too.... :D
Chef
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

In Michigan I think Kogel's viennas are the best.

http://www.koegelmeats.com/products.cgi?Item=viennas
chef97

Post by chef97 »

kewlmodee wrote:In Michigan I think Kogel's viennas are the best.

http://www.koegelmeats.com/products.cgi?Item=viennas

Very kewl and thanks for sharing the link.... 8) Kogel's has an amazing product list with so many things I'd like to try like their pickled bologna.... :)
Chef
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

There are some excellent butchers in my area, selling the best meats - locally raised grass fed beef, beautiful pork, free range chickens, you name it. But sadly, we are lacking in the Hot Dog department, and I think a great Hot Dog is a work of art. Butchers in the area don't seem to get them right. At least, I would not see it as worth it to go with them for Hot Dogs. There are some speciality places that I've heard of but not tasted. I am in Canada, supposedly there is a farm near Toronto that sells packs of Hot Dogs made of the finest beef cuts, costing 20 dollars a pack (for 6 or maybe 12, I assume)

There is at least one very good store bought hot dog up here and its "Juciy Jumbos". They're all beef, quite tasty, big, and they are leagues above anything else in the store.

Nothing like a good hot dog off the grill with raw onions and mustard and a cold beer!
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Peat56 wrote:There are some excellent butchers in my area, selling the best meats - locally raised grass fed beef, beautiful pork, free range chickens, you name it. But sadly, we are lacking in the Hot Dog department, and I think a great Hot Dog is a work of art. Butchers in the area don't seem to get them right. At least, I would not see it as worth it to go with them for Hot Dogs. There are some speciality places that I've heard of but not tasted. I am in Canada, supposedly there is a farm near Toronto that sells packs of Hot Dogs made of the finest beef cuts, costing 20 dollars a pack (for 6 or maybe 12, I assume)

There is at least one very good store bought hot dog up here and its "Juciy Jumbos". They're all beef, quite tasty, big, and they are leagues above anything else in the store.

Nothing like a good hot dog off the grill with raw onions and mustard and a cold beer!

Good man, not one of those filthy ketchup on dogs guys.
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

I just tried a Nathan's Hot Dog for the first time ever. Very good!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Peat56 wrote:I just tried a Nathan's Hot Dog for the first time ever. Very good!

Always good whether they're steamed, boiled or grilled....
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”