Anyone ever cook sous vide?

Food & beverages Discussions
athenian

Anyone ever cook sous vide?

Post by athenian »

I just bought an Anova and am pretty excited to mess around with it. Any thoughts?
chef97

Re: Anyone ever cook sous vide?

Post by chef97 »

athenian wrote:I just bought an Anova and am pretty excited to mess around with it. Any thoughts?
Just got back into to town today as I was went back to AZ for a week for my son's wedding.... :D Anyways, I've had really good results in a professional setting using sous vide method or cook/chill/re-therm foods.... I've even done fine recipes like filet of beef in a green peppercorn demi-glace sauce for a big catering event and when I re-heated for service the flavor, texture and appearance was just as good as when we first cooked them... These home kits would be terrific for professional people that want to eat good home made foods yet don't have time to cook after a long hard day of work... Great tasting foods that you made yourself would re-heat in just minutes.... You could cook/chill and store your favorite meals in the freezer.... If you took the time you could make all your meals for a month and re-heat in just minutes.... Good stuff athenian, thanks for sharing and as always, happy cooking!
Chef
athenian

Post by athenian »

I finally used mine...made a 24 ounce ribeye and it was perfectly medium rare from top to bottom..seared it for 30 seconds each side and it was the best steak I've ever had. Incredible. I need to use this more.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

athenian wrote:I finally used mine...made a 24 ounce ribeye and it was perfectly medium rare from top to bottom..seared it for 30 seconds each side and it was the best steak I've ever had. Incredible. I need to use this more.
Very cool.... 8)
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”