Where Americans and Nutritionists Disagree

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

Re: Where Americans and Nutritionists Disagree

Post by chef97 »

The RD dieticians I work with are all leaning towards plant based nutrition as the healthiest option for people.... More and more food companies like Gardein are producing plant based protein center of the plate products.... https://gardein.com/?gclid=CLu1w9j-u84CFUmRfgodA2oJVw# I have incorporated some of these products into my menus as a healthcare Chef my customers are interested in eating healthier so, I must give my customers what they want.... Or they will find a Chef that will.... My prediction is 20 years from now meat eaters will be in the minority just like smokers are nowadays.....
Chef
chef97

Post by chef97 »

stenchasaurous wrote:It's not so much that the animal based products themselves are inherently bad, but that the quantities and quality consumed by many aren't healthy (or sustainable for a large population).
Agree w/ your take....
Chef
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

yah, bugs are the future of protein.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:yah, bugs are the future of protein.
Coming to your local grocer soon or maybe even worse.... Mr. & Mrs. Smith may I suggest the filet of Cockroach Picatta a la Romano ; and how's about our award winning Columbia Valley Chardonnay as a fine food and wine pairing suggestion?
Chef
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

chef97 wrote:
yoloswaggy911 wrote:yah, bugs are the future of protein.
Coming to your local grocer soon or maybe even worse.... Mr. & Mrs. Smith may I suggest the filet of Cockroach Picatta a la Romano ; and how's about our award winning Columbia Valley Chardonnay as a fine food and wine pairing suggestion?
Grubs were a delicacy in the Ancient Era

http://allday.com/post/2489-the-roman-d ... nt-to-eat/

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”