Quick yet delicious meals for a champ

Food & beverages Discussions
Sassy

Quick yet delicious meals for a champ

Post by Sassy »

Boxing has taken up all my free time and my meals are paying the price. Besides the grocery store rotisserie chicken, what does everyone eat at night that doesn't need a lot of time and prep?
Cagiva9

Re: Quick yet delicious meals for a champ

Post by Cagiva9 »

Sassy wrote:Boxing has taken up all my free time and my meals are paying the price. Besides the grocery store rotisserie chicken, what does everyone eat at night that doesn't need a lot of time and prep?
I used to (when I was single) keep cooked chicken breast, whole grain tortillas and cheese in the fridge for quesadillas. Tuna is good on avocados or in marinara to put on top of some brown rice, microwaved potatoes or whole wheat noodles.

I'm pretty good at making something quick and fairly nutritious for myself, I've got years of experience :roll: and know what I like. Not sure if it translates well to someone else's palate.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Boxing has taken up all my free time and my meals are paying the price. Besides the grocery store rotisserie chicken, what does everyone eat at night that doesn't need a lot of time and prep?

Sassy, I didn't get to read your post until I got home but I'll get back to you you w/ both training table quick dinner meals that are both (healthy & tasty) and weekend recipes where you have a little more time to prep and can indulge a bit....... 8)
Chef
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

Thank you Cagiva 9 & Chef!!

I look forward to your recipes :)
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I really like food and trying new things... Depends on what you mean by takes little time. Of course the grocery store chicken is a fast alternatives to quick wraps or salads with proteins.

My mother used to do the "divan de poulet" which was pieces of that grocery store chicken in a lasagna pan... you'd add one brocoli that you chopped in big pieces... take a grocery store bread that you'd have froze so it's chopped easier in dice... (half a bread should do)... sometimes old bread before it gets bad can get frozen and you can use hem for that... or left over hot dog or hamburger buns that you froze would do...

Then in a big bowl mix an egg, a campbell mushroom soup can, a little milk and a good table spoon of curry. Add a little mayo to it (a few table spoons)...

Poor that on the chicken/brocoli/breadCubes and grate low fat mozzarella on it before putting it in the oven... eat on rice... (good quality rice can be cooked easily in big batches in the microwave...)

Our easy meal and it doesn't get quicker... the thin crust pizza... with a good salad with plenty of vegetables (mushrooms,bell peppers,chalots,cucumbers,spanish onions,zested carrots...)

A Mandoline to chop fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables can speed up lots of the meals...

Sautes of vegetables with protein but using nice marinades (asian marinades with oyster sauce, fish sauce, oisin sauce, soya sauce, ginger, honey...) are quick to do... often its a question of trying and using a good pan with good technique....
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

Yum! Yes, this is what I am looking for. I work all day and then my son and I hit the gym. I need stuff like this to heat up when we get home that we both will like and not loaded up with garbage. Thanks!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Sassy wrote:Boxing has taken up all my free time and my meals are paying the price. Besides the grocery store rotisserie chicken, what does everyone eat at night that doesn't need a lot of time and prep?
For fast kinda healthy & tasty meals that kids will eat try some "sheet pan meals" Now, this is not a recipe per say just suggestions. Take boneless skinless chicken breasts and place in a large bowl, add the chicken and pour your favorite Italian dressing and fully coat the chicken. Pre-heat oven to 375 F then spray your sheet pan or coat w/ olive oil. Then arrange the chicken at one end then add let's say sweet potato fries in the center then add some durable vegetables like fresh green beans at the other end of the sheet pan. Then bake for 30-35 minutes. If you have a meat thermometer the chicken min internal temp should reach 165 F. If no thermometer when you pierce the chicken at the thickest when your juices run clear it's ready.... Also, when I'm pressed for time I do spaghetti or your favorite pasta w/ store bought marinara sauce. If you want meat sauce cook the ground beef and or Italian sausage first then add your sauce bring to a boil then let simmer for 30 min. A nice salad and garlic bread go good with this dinner..... I'm sorry it's taken a while to get to you w/ you but I've been real busy w/ work/life stuff.... So, I hope this helps for now but please feel free to have a look on this forum as there are lot's of ideas and recipes that have been TTR tested and approved.... As always, happy cooking!

If you like fish: http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 3&t=117874
If you like vegetarian or vegan foods: http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 3&t=113213
Chef
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

Thanks guys !

I like the crockpot ...just getting sick of the same recipe.

I went to the grocery store tonight pressed for time and picked up old faithful, the rotisserie chicken. When I got home I realized I left it at the store. So luckily I had leftovers to heat up. Just enough to make a meal. ...for my dog...who ate it when I got up to do something :/

Going to bed now hungry dreaming about a maid and private chef :) good night
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

stenchasaurous wrote:Gotta crockpot it up. Cooks while you're away and it's ready to serve when you get home.

Beans are real easy and cheap to do in the crockpot and FULL of good stuff
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

Beans Cafe

Bob's Wife: You know what they say - "Beans, beans, good for the heart.."

Both: "Beans, beans, great for the heart!"
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

stenchasaurous wrote:
the13r wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:Gotta crockpot it up. Cooks while you're away and it's ready to serve when you get home.

Beans are real easy and cheap to do in the crockpot and FULL of good stuff
Yeah, good mix of beans, rice, chicken and a variety stuff like carrots, onions, tomatoes, peppers, corn, mushrooms, peas, etc., and you have a pretty well balanced meal. Need to make sure the quality of ingredients is good too.
I have an electric pressure cooker as a complement to the crockpot. It's pretty awesome and only requires two hours or less to cook most meals.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
WhyteHypeBG

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

regulardude wrote:Sometimes when I sleep in late, your wife will make me a delicious breakfast with that pressure cooker and bring me the meal in bed. She's a keeper, that one.
She takes my pressure cooker to your house?!? That is some bullshit.

Sassy

Post by Sassy »

can she take it to my house next?
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

im really getting way more out of this site than anticipated....

right on!
WhyteHypeBG

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

Jesus. My wife is a lesbian now, too?

Sassy

Post by Sassy »

Shhhhhh, Don't tell her im not

I'm using her for your pressure cooker
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

my diet consists of strictly sexweights and protein shakes
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

that sounds yummy....whats a sexweight?
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Sassy wrote:that sounds yummy....whats a sexweight?
Awe snap it's Sassy! 8) Where you been girl? I thought you left us for another boxing website.... :)
Chef
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

no.....sorry chef. my busy season at work is march - june. i am just starting to come out of the woodwork... what i miss?
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Sassy wrote:no.....sorry chef. my busy season at work is march - june. i am just starting to come out of the woodwork... what i miss?
Nothing much here lately on the food & drink forum little lady.... However, there should be some good boxing on TV this weekend so if you get a chance maybe join the chat in Astor's Living Room for the fights on Saturday night.... I for one am glad to see you back posting again and don't be a stranger.... :mrgreen:

Ciao!
Chef
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

i am going on vacation this saturday......wahoooooooooooo! i have to figure out how to get rid of those ads on my phone. whenever i try to play during those fights, i cant get on and get stuck on an ad. super annoying.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Sassy wrote:i am going on vacation this saturday......wahoooooooooooo! i have to figure out how to get rid of those ads on my phone. whenever i try to play during those fights, i cant get on and get stuck on an ad. super annoying.

I used to have same problems until I took Astor's advice and switched from internet explorer to Google Chrome and DL "Adblockplus" https://adblockplus.org/ Enjoy your vacation Sassy! 8)

Ciao!
Chef
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

thanks for your help chef...ill give it a whirl and hopefully see you saturday night

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”