KFC vsersus POPEYES

Food & beverages Discussions
Peat56

KFC vsersus POPEYES

Post by Peat56 »

I used to like KFC, and honestly I still don't mind it. But the KFC near me somehow doesn't get it right. Lame, small, grizzily pieces with more grizzle and less real meat. You'll get those pieces where there's hardly anything to put the coating over. Maybe its my aging taste buds but it feels like the chicken is overwhelmed with saltiness and spice. I can't enjoy more than a couple of pieces.

But Popeyes...!! have you guys tried this stuff? Quality, plump pieces of chicken. Really juicy, lots of meat. Its the winner in my book.
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Re: KFC vsersus POPEYES

Post by J.J.Dillon »

KFC changed their recipe about 10 years back during the anti-trans-fat craze, and it hasn't tasted the same.

Popeyes has been kicking their ass ever since. Plus, Popeyes has way better mash & gravy.

I've always been a fiend for fried chicken. It's going to kill me, most likely.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Kennedy Fried Chicken. I stand corrected, it's the other fast food spot that serves food through Ghetto Glass. Always been a good indicator that I'm in a rough neighborhood if theres a Kennedy Fried Chicken nearby.

Popeyes FTW.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Popeye's fried chicken is great and their fried butterfly shrimp are pretty awesome too.... Do they have Church's fried chicken on the East coast? It's pretty damn good too and they give you whole Jalapenos on the side that are in this brine and they are are so tender, savory and a bit spicy good.... Take a bite of chicken then a bite of the jalapeno rinse repeat.... :D
Chef
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

chef97 wrote:Popeye's fried chicken is great and their fried butterfly shrimp are pretty awesome too.... Do they have Church's fried chicken on the East coast? It's pretty damn good too and they give you whole Jalapenos on the side that are in this brine and they are are so tender, savory and a bit spicy good.... Take a bite of chicken then a bite of the jalapeno rinse repeat.... :D
We have them but I've never been. After reading you description though, it's on my list of things to do Image
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

gotta go popeyes. seems to be more universal across stores. there are a lot of really bad KFCs, but the ones who are on point are neck and neck with popeyes.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

no popeyes around here...couple of KFC's but not ate there in close to 10 years now...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

stenchasaurous wrote:Maybe things are different other places, but in Texas at least, this hasn't really been a debate for years; Popeye's is far superior. Church's is better than KFC, but not quite as good as Popeye's.
i find that KFCs are drastically different in quality just from store to store here in my city. im sure across the country its the same way. it seems like they dont monitor the quality control of each franchise very closely like other chains do. i used to be a big kfc guy but its gone way down hill i think. popeyes is like mcdonalds to me you know what you're getting no matter where it is.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
athenian

Post by athenian »

Popeye's definitely...

Wait, is everyone here in agreement? Can we get someone to say Popeye's sucks? I know there's somewhere out there.
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

athenian wrote:Popeye's definitely...

Wait, is everyone here in agreement? Can we get someone to say Popeye's sucks? I know there's somewhere out there.
Zaxby's > Popeye's

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:
athenian wrote:Popeye's definitely...

Zaxby's > Popeye's
Zaxby's > All Fast food....atlest that iv had around here
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

KFC is supposedly re-doing their whole menu and process of making chicken, kike of like DOminoes changed everything around a few years ago. We'll see what happens
Based

Post by Based »

I don't know how you guys eat this crap, but if I had to pick Popeyes. KFC sucks. Haven't had Popeyes since I was in high school though, but KFC makes me sick to my stomach. I can't do fried foods too much anymore, it's too heavy for me. Plus I'm getting older, so I have to watch what I eat. Im 27, but still look like I'm 21 or even younger. Quiznos over any restaurant tho!
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

stenchasaurous wrote:Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
:lol:
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

I had a KFC, Church's, Popeye's, and Bojangles all within 1 mile of my place on the east coast lol

Preferred the Popeyes, but honestly can't give any of them better than a 7
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

I don't know about everywhere else. But Tuesdays in San Antonio, TX is two piece Tuesday. Used to be able to get 2 piece dark for .89 cents, then .99 cents. Now it's $1.11, still decent price compared to their everyday price.

I think KFC tastes great, but if I eat more than twice a week now I can't stand the taste. Popeyes, is hit and miss; sometimes it's awesome, other times meh. Church's is ok but the skin gets a weird texture once it cools down.

Whichever one has a sale on their chicken is when I eat there. If I eat one type too much I get tired of it.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

We have convenience stores and small markets putting in Krispy Krunch chicken stands with fish, shrimp along with fries, some sides. It's actually pretty ddcent.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

There's this place by school. I stopped by to see what they were like and I was hungry. Golden Chick... It's pretty damn good. Like Church's and Popeyes in one.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”