4 each green onions (scallions)
4 fresh Jalapenos fine dice
salt & black pepper to taste
6 oz cooked bacon crumbled
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs mixed well
Breading station > flour, egg mixture & bread crumbs
Oil for frying

For potato balls > Boil potatoes in salted water until soft enough to mash ; then mash the potatoes add butter, milk and salt & pepper then chill in refrigerator until cool.
add green onions, Jalapenos, cooked bacon crumbles & cheese. Mix well and roll the mixture into balls (a little bigger than a golf ball). Then roll the potato balls into the flour first then egg mixture and finally into the bread crumbs. Now you're ready to fry your potato balls in a heavy bottom pot of oil or deep fryer ; about 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes and serve.... Sour cream makes a good condiment or just eat as is.... As always happy cooking!
Chef
Tocsin

Re: Spicy Potato & Cheese Balls

Post by Tocsin »

Sounds good chef.

Got any pictures?
chef97

Re: Spicy Potato & Cheese Balls

Post by chef97 »

Tocsin wrote:Sounds good chef.

Got any pictures?
Sorry bro I'm not really that tech savvy (all the pics I have posted on this forum my son helped me) and also not very ambitious for that here... But the color should be golden brown crispy on the outside and very user friendly on the inside (soft, savory & a bit spicy)..... I experimented with this recipe this past weekend and they came out awesome, my family tore them up.... Then I thought the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl are right around the corner and these would be a hit at any house party... :D As you can serve warm or at room temperature if you needed to transport them.... This recipe is actually a variation of something my Puerto Rican grandma would make back in the day called "Relleno de Papa" but those had a spicy meat & tomato filling and weren't breaded.......

Chef's Notes: You can also double this recipe if you going to a big house party.... And as always, happy cooking!
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”