Food & beverages Discussions
yoloswaggy911

Re: Crisis in America

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Bastards!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Weird story and i have a Tamales story too... This nice little old Mexican lady that works for me makes these killer Tamales but instead of wrapping them in corn husks like everybody else does she wraps hers in banana leaves.... She's from Mazatlan and the masa (corn meal) that she makes them with is more fine not as coarse as normal Tamales... She makes 3 kinds chicken w/ green chiles, cheese & Jalapeno or red chiles w/ pork... They are big delcious & heavy too 1 dozen weighs about 3lbs and she charges $20.00 for 1 dozen....... Has anybody else had Tamales made like this?
Chef
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Maybe it's a regional thing. Sounds good though.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

chef97 wrote:Weird story and i have a Tamales story too... This nice little old Mexican lady that works for me makes these killer Tamales but instead of wrapping them in corn husks like everybody else does she wraps hers in banana leaves.... She's from Mazatlan and the masa (corn meal) that she makes them with is more fine not as coarse as normal Tamales... She makes 3 kinds chicken w/ green chiles, cheese & Jalapeno or red chiles w/ pork... They are big delcious & heavy too 1 dozen weighs about 3lbs and she charges $20.00 for 1 dozen....... Has anybody else had Tamales made like this?
I had banana leaf Tamales about 20 yrs ago from a taco truck. I was amazed, because I had made tamales with my GF and her grandmother with the typical corn husks. I asked the woman where she was from and she was from way down south in Mexico by the jungle like Guatamala. So like JJ said, I think it's a regional thing.

Oh, and they were delicious.
athenian

Post by athenian »

stenchasaurous wrote:Going to be fucked when bananas go extinct.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... o-extinct/

I fucking love bananas. This will suck.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”