Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers

Post by chef97 »

Here's a tasty Turkey burger recipe that my family enjoyed last weekend so, I thought I'd share it w/ youz guys.... :D A nice wine pairing would be an imported German Reisling.

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8oz Blue Cheese crumbles
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 3/4-inch thick rounds
1/3 cup Olive oil + some to drizzle on tomatoes later
4 large onion buns or rolls
Spicy Mayo Sauce, recipe follows
Lettuce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
Directions:

Preheat grill over medium-high heat.

Add the garlic, onion, turkey, mustard, soy sauce, & olive oil (I add the olive oil to the ground turkey mix because cooked turkey can be dry so, this keeps the cooked turkey moist) and salt and pepper, to taste, to a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Divide the turkey into 8 equal-sized balls and flatten them into patties. Put 2oz of blue cheese on 4 of the patties and cover each with another patty. Pinch the edges to seal the patties closed, so the cheese will not melt out.

*Chef's Note: With your finger, press down on the center of the patty. This will keep the juices locked in and prevents the burger from puffing up.

Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill to a plate. Toast the buns on the grill and set aside.

Grill the burgers until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the burgers to the buns and top with Spicy Mayo Sauce, lettuce and grilled tomatoes. And as always, happy cooking!
Chef
wimpy

Re: Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers

Post by wimpy »

What did you use for the spicy mayo sauce?
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

prob siratcha mixed with mayo

Ill do this one for Mylene and post pics
chef97

Post by chef97 »

wimpy wrote:What did you use for the spicy mayo sauce?
The 4tblsp Frank's Hot sauce w/ 1/2 cup mayo. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.... The spicy mayo really makes the burger sandwich IMO.... :D
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”