Sliced Tomatoes.

Food & beverages Discussions
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Sliced Tomatoes.

Post by USMILMAN »

Anybody else love sliced tomatoes? Salt, Pepper, think layer of Helmans. The best!
chef97

Re: Sliced Tomatoes.

Post by chef97 »

USMILMAN wrote:Anybody else love sliced tomatoes? Salt, Pepper, think layer of Helmans. The best!
I do too and have enjoyed some fine Roma tomatoe & BLT sandwiches from my garden and have made some nice salsa as well as I grow jalapenos too... My tomato plants are still going crazy I have yielded about 20lbs so far and I'll estimate I'll get another 40 lbs by October..... So, I'm going to make marinara sauce and can it in mason jars for the winter.... I never would have been able to do stuff like this in AZ... WA state is pretty awesome!
Chef
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

USMILMAN wrote:Anybody else love sliced tomatoes? Salt, Pepper, think layer of Helmans. The best!
You had me at saltImage ...the Helman's, not so much Image

You a Miracle Whip guy Ca?
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

chef97 wrote:
I do too and have enjoyed some fine Roma tomatoe & BLT sandwiches from my garden and have made some nice salsa as well as I grow jalapenos too... My tomato plants are still going crazy I have yielded about 20lbs so far and I'll estimate I'll get another 40 lbs by October..... So, I'm going to make marinara sauce and can it in mason jars for the winter.... I never would have been able to do stuff like this in AZ... WA state is pretty awesome!
Do you grow San Marzano's?
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Cagiva9 wrote:

Hey, that's weird. Who said that?.....but the answer is, I just don't care for mayo. I like avocados the same way, just salt....sometimes a little Tabasco
chef97

Post by chef97 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
chef97 wrote:
I do too and have enjoyed some fine Roma tomatoes & BLT sandwiches from my garden and have made some nice salsa as well as I grow jalapenos too... My tomato plants are still going crazy I have yielded about 20lbs so far and I'll estimate I'll get another 40 lbs by October..... So, I'm going to make marinara sauce and can it in mason jars for the winter.... I never would have been able to do stuff like this in AZ... WA state is pretty awesome!
Do you grow San Marzano's?
I grow Roma's mostly because they have less seeds, are more sweet/less acid and the seeds are smaller too.... I work w/ a guy that grows heirloom tomatoes and he brought me some to sample... They were all from the same plant yet some were green and some were orange and others were purple.... They all had different flavors some were more acidic than others but all were pretty good....... As for the Marzano's my Italian grandma used to grow them in her garden and they were the tomatoes that she made her marinara sauce with..... I have some great Marzano memories! :D
Chef
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

Cagiva9 wrote:

Miracle whip is horrible. My wife loves it though.
athenian

Post by athenian »

Miracle whip and mayo suck to me....on a tomato? That's mortifying.

Try basil instead
butaloh
TTR Doctor

Post by butaloh »

I fucking love tomatoes. Sadly.....

Why Your Tomato Has No Flavor
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 4105404584

Tehran in the winter.
athenian

Post by athenian »

butaloh wrote:I fucking love tomatoes. Sadly.....

This is true of many vegetables...growing tomatoes is incredibly easy (and cost efficient) if you have the space.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

One of my best souvenir with my grandma is eating beefsteak tomatoes with only salt and fresh finely gounded pepper on summer days... sometimes with cucumbers too...

What made it special is my grandma always pealed the tomatoes before slicing them in thick slices... she'd fill a big plate and i'd eat it all... i'm now struggling to find as good tomatoes and real beefsteak type in groceries... you have to grow them or go to outdoors market... otheriwse they are either grown indoors or just aren't as sweet and tasty
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

butaloh wrote:I fucking love tomatoes. Sadly.....

Paywall. :(
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Tomato, Mozzarrella, Basil, and some Balsamic Vinegar
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:Tomato, Mozzarrella, Basil, and some Balsamic Vinegar
Caprese.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
yoloswaggy911 wrote:Tomato, Mozzarrella, Basil, and some Balsamic Vinegar
Caprese.
Correctamundo.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”