4 oz Fresh Mozzarella
4 oz sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 slices American Cheese
4 slices 3/8 inch thick ripe tomato slices
4 slices Sliced Sourdough bread
8 slices applewood smoked Bacon
4 teaspoons garlic butter

Proceedure:

Assemble sandiches with layers of the cheeses & tomato slices, butter each side of the sandwich with garlic butter. Wrap 4 each bacon slices around each sandwich to resemble lattice. In a large heavy bottom skillt or griddle grill sandwiches on medium heat turning once about 5 min each side. When bacon turns brown and cheese is melted your sandwiches are ready.... These sandwiches go great w/ an ice cold beer.... As always, happy cooking!
Chef
athenian

Re: The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Post by athenian »

COoking things with bacon on the outside sounds/looks good, but it (sometimes) ends up being a hassle sometimes and gets messy.

This recipe sounds fantastic, I think I'll try it by cooking the bacon separately, and using some of the bacon grease with the butter to get flavor on there. Maybe spread some avocado on it too. I've been making a lot of sandwiches lately with sun dried tomatoes actually...this could get interesting......
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

chef97 wrote:This recipe yields 2 sandwiches

Ingredients:

4 oz Fresh Mozzarella
4 oz sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 slices American Cheese
4 slices 3/8 inch thick ripe tomato slices
4 slices Sliced Sourdough bread
8 slices applewood smoked Bacon
4 teaspoons garlic butter

Proceedure:

Assemble sandiches with layers of the cheeses & tomato slices, butter each side of the sandwich with garlic butter. Wrap 4 each bacon slices around each sandwich to resemble lattice. In a large heavy bottom skillt or griddle grill sandwiches on medium heat turning once about 5 min each side. When bacon turns brown and cheese is melted your sandwiches are ready.... These sandwiches go great w/ an ice cold beer.... As always, happy cooking!
Nice, I'll put this one to use.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

athenian wrote:COoking things with bacon on the outside sounds/looks good, but it (sometimes) ends up being a hassle sometimes and gets messy.

This recipe sounds fantastic, I think I'll try it by cooking the bacon separately, and using some of the bacon grease with the butter to get flavor on there. Maybe spread some avocado on it too. I've been making a lot of sandwiches lately with sun dried tomatoes actually...this could get interesting......
Good call athenian, as the bread soaked up too much of the bacon grease.... I also like the avocado idea and maybe next time I'll try w/ Mozz and smoked Gouda instead of Cheddar & Mozz....
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”