STEAK MARINADES

Food & beverages Discussions
Peat56

STEAK MARINADES

Post by Peat56 »

I used to not be a big believer in Steak Marinades, and I still would not use them on the best steak cuts.

The better the quality and cut of beef you are starting with, the less you need to do to it. For me, the best is a rib eye from grass fed beef.

But what has made me use Marinades now is the research that shows that a marinaded steak on the BBQ (and for me that's a charcoal BBQ) that the carcinogenic and other unhealthy aspects are reduced by as much as 95%.

Marinades can also tenderize and flavour the less pricy and tougher cuts.

So while I probably wouldn't marinade a Ribeye, or other high priced, high quality cut, I would marinade lesser cuts.

On the weekend I did some Top Sirloin in this marinade and the results were excellent:

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes ... k-marinade

Top Sirloin has flavour, but isn't as tender as a Ribeye. It's not super tough either but it benefits from a marinade for sure. This marinade is awesome because it tenderizes and flavours.

It's totally worth a try.
chef97

Re: STEAK MARINADES

Post by chef97 »

Another key to a juicy and tasty grilled steak is to let the meat rest at least 10 minutes before slicing it...... Here's another steak marinade recipe.....

Bistro style Steak marinade

4 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Chef
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Chef, that looks very nice. It has some similarity to the one I posted, I think. But I really like the idea of those flavours all together. I will try this!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Peat56 wrote:Chef, that looks very nice. It has some similarity to the one I posted, I think. But I really like the idea of those flavours all together. I will try this!
Cool, let us know how your steaks turn out.... :D
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”