Rib Pictures. Step by step.

Food & beverages Discussions
hardcorebee24

Rib Pictures. Step by step.

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Costco baby back ribs and my dry rub.

Cut open the Ribs, I place them on parchment paper to avoid mess. I dust them with salt and pepper. Don't go crazy, there is is salt and pepper in the rub.

Rub down the ribs, be generous.

Wrap up the ribs.

Place them in a refrigerator over night.

I didn't make my own BBQ sauce, I didn't have time. I picked this stuff up and it tastes great.

Unwrap your rubbed ribs.

Place them on plastic food wrap, in this case it's Costco brand.

Add BBQ sauce to ribs. Spread all over the ribs.

Seal the ribs

They should look like this.

Repeat process.

Set oven for 185 degrees.

Leave in for 5 hours.

5 hours later.

I made these the night before the party. So I placed them back into a fridge after they cooled. This also makes it much easier to handle the plastic. It's also much easier to just heat them up and serve them at the party when they're precooked.

Unwrap the ribs and cook them however you see fit. Last night I used the Weber. Mop them with BBQ sauce while cooking. These turned out really good.

We served them with Loaded Potato salad that my wife made. Teriyaki wings and buffalo wings and Pastelillos which are basically Puerto Rican empanada's also made by my wife.

We also ate dips, chips and this chilli that my cousin made that I'll post the recipe of if she gives to me. Anyway, any questions feel free to ask.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
chef97

Re: Rib Pictures. Step by step.

Post by chef97 »

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing bro!
Chef
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

chef97 wrote:Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing bro!
No problem, figured I'd post the process so the guys (and T Money) could see how it's done. I put some cayenne pepper in the rub and it really made everything a lot better.

What did you make, Chef?
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
chef97

Post by chef97 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
chef97 wrote:Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing bro!
No problem, figured I'd post the process so the guys (and T Money) could see how it's done. I put some cayenne pepper in the rub and it really made everything a lot better.

What did you make, Chef?
The pepper poppers recipe I posted on SB thread and I made a spicy spaghetti Bake w/ Italian sausage and home made meatballs w/ Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese....... Our friends made some other aptzrs, salad and home made garlic bread sticks....... I suck at posting pictures as all the ones I've posted here my son had to help me... LOL Anyways, I have heard of and seen the Ribs / plastic wrap technique before but I'm interested more in your rub recipe..... Check my rub recipes here on this forum to see if they are similar.... I even have a Caribbean wet rub recipe that would have your taste buds dancing and goes great w/ pork, chicken or seafood especially shell fish............ 8)

Thanks again!
Chef
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

The rub is similar but I don't put any sugar in it, there is enough sugar in the BBQ sauce since I basically cook it in the sauce. I put Adobo and more paprika than you put in yours. But the basics are there: Chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt. I add a little oregano too.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

regulardude wrote:I'm inviting myself over to your place, bee. I'll take a plate of those ribs and one of those Blue Point Winters.

Goddamn, looks really tasty---nicely done.
No doubt. You're in.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Just saw this hcb; looks fantastic! Thanks for the step by step. Are you a pork or beef rib guy?
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

tmoney1224 wrote:Just saw this hcb; looks fantastic! Thanks for the step by step. Are you a pork or beef rib guy?
Baby Back Pork Ribs!!!

I don't turn down beef ribs though, just prefer pork when it comes to ribs.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
tmoney1224 wrote:Just saw this hcb; looks fantastic! Thanks for the step by step. Are you a pork or beef rib guy?
Baby Back Pork Ribs!!!

I don't turn down beef ribs though, just prefer pork when it comes to ribs.
100% :D
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Ribs look nice but frankly I'm equally impressed with your beer stocked fridge.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

regulardude wrote:Bump.

First sunny, nice spring weather-type day.

Bee, I'm totally making these in the not-too-distant future.

Question: the last step---after baking them in oven for 5 hours, and placing in the fridge overnight....the next day, when I toss them on the grill...I'm basically just warming them up/re-heating them, right? Like, how long on the grill?
Until they're hot. You're just warming them up. Depends on your grill. Make sure you take off the plastic. 15 min should be enough.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

regulardude wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:[
Until they're hot. You're just warming them up. Depends on your grill. Make sure you take off the plastic. 15 min should be enough.
Word.

And what spices in the rub? I mean, I'll dabble and add my own, but what stuff do you put in there?
hardcorebee24 wrote:The rub is similar but I don't put any sugar in it, there is enough sugar in the BBQ sauce since I basically cook it in the sauce. I put Adobo and more paprika than you put in yours. But the basics are there: Chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt. I add a little oregano too.
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Wow! There is some damn fine skill and talent shown in this thread. I really shouldn't be here as I am on a weight loss program. But I do love ribs! The rub looks great.
Caloca

Post by Caloca »

Shit, man, those look killer. They probably taste like you're going down on an angel. How do I make the rub? What's in it?
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Caloca wrote:Shit, man, those look killer. They probably taste like you're going down on an angel. How do I make the rub? What's in it?
The rub is a trade secret. :D :evil: :D :evil:
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

holy crap, not a ribs guy but gotta try this!!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

rub looks like the BBQ rub with dry mustard powder mixed in

and that's what i call a real fridge... beer, cheese and ribs lol

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”