Anybody here like Raw Oysters?

Food & beverages Discussions
Peat56

Anybody here like Raw Oysters?

Post by Peat56 »

I love them. I don't have them too often, but I enjoy them a few times a year.

I like them with maybe a tint but of lemon, or some cayenne pepper. Or a drop or two of hot sauce. Sometimes I even have them just as they are.
hardcorebee24

Re: Anybody here like Raw Oysters?

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Had three dozen between us at the Old Homestead this weekend. I love them.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

hardcorebee24 wrote:Had three dozen between us at the Old Homestead this weekend. I love them.
I love that place. The OH in AC is my favorite steakhouse bar none.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Ive never got the thing with Oysters-they get swallowed in one, so how can anyone not be able to chew and still enoy them??
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

RimmyJice wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Had three dozen between us at the Old Homestead this weekend. I love them.
Bobby Vs and the strip house all day.
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

mofo2 wrote:Ive never got the thing with Oysters-they get swallowed in one, so how can anyone not be able to chew and still enoy them??
You can bite them, I do. They're either briney or sweet. Great with a good stout or bourbon or scotch.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Big_Billa wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:
Bobby Vs and the strip house all day.
Old Homestead is good. Had my bachelor party at Keen's which was fucking awesome. My wife and I go to DelFriscos once a year for our anniversary. Sparks is a waste of time because they fucking make you wait forever. Smith and Wolinskys is good, I usually get the cold seafood appetizer for two from them for myself for an entree. Delmonicos is good too. They're all fucking good, what am I talking about. 100 bucks for an a la carte entree they better be fucking good. I dont fuck with those assholes at Peter Lugars anymore, I won't go there ever again.

Bern's in Tampa is the shit too. Anyone ever been there?
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

I love raw oysters. I eat them pretty regularly in the proper times. Y'all don't put horseradish in the sauce?
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

WarBoxing wrote:I love raw oysters. I eat them pretty regularly in the proper times. Y'all don't put horseradish in the sauce?
Yes I do. I call it whore's reddish though. Whores reddish some hot sauce and lemon. Sometimes just plain.
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
WarBoxing wrote:I love raw oysters. I eat them pretty regularly in the proper times. Y'all don't put horseradish in the sauce?
Yes I do. I call it whore's reddish though. Whores reddish some hot sauce and lemon. Sometimes just plain.
Good, good. I saw mention of hot sauce and lemon but no "whore's reddish" which is the best part of the additions so I was panicked.

I can't recall having many raw oysters outside Louisiana, so help me out here. Is it custom where you're at to have ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and horseradish placed out separately, then you mix all of that in your own small cup to your desire preference (i.e. some people like more horseradish, some less, etc.)? Of course, there's lemon but that's squeezed out over the oysters on the half shell.

Of course, some places just have cocktail sauce and horseradish placed out. So there's some variance.
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

WarBoxing wrote:
Good, good. I saw mention of hot sauce and lemon but no "whore's reddish" which is the best part of the additions so I was panicked.

I can't recall having many raw oysters outside Louisiana, so help me out here. Is it custom where you're at to have ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and horseradish placed out separately, then you mix all of that in your own small cup to your desire preference (i.e. some people like more horseradish, some less, etc.)? Of course, there's lemon but that's squeezed out over the oysters on the half shell.

Of course, some places just have cocktail sauce and horseradish placed out. So there's some variance.
Spell check on my phone changed it to reddish. I meant radish lol. My sister and I called it that when we were kids to piss my mother off. Not sure why the phone did that.

Yes it's a custom to do that but I think most places have stolen that custom from you guys. :D :D

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”