Chef

Food & beverages Discussions
Last Nephilim

Chef

Post by Last Nephilim »

Would appreciate if you can post a couple recipes in which the main ingredient is cottage cheese. I have a routine for the past 3 years of eating cottage cheese with peanut butter (bodybuilding thing) before bed and I just need a change. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct your path.
chef97

Re: Chef

Post by chef97 »

If you like to eat your cottage cheese cold, dice some ripe fresh pineapple and mix with honey to sweeten the cottage cheese..... Here is a quick recipe for a side dish using cottage cheese and I'll post a link for a great Pepperoni Lasagna recipe that has cottage cheese in it too......

Cottage Potato Bake
Ingredients
3 large Idaho potatoes
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 onion, diced
Salt and pepper
Paprika
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Scrub the potatoes, slice them medium/thick slices, and put in a pot with water to cover. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash them with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the cottage cheese & cheddar, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture gently, and then put in a greased casserole. Dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes....... As always, happy cooking!

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 3#p1305443
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”