Ben's Best deli (NYC)

Food & beverages Discussions
Big_Billa

Re: Ben's Best deli (NYC)

Post by Big_Billa »

Katz is crazy expensive but I got a hard time believing this place beats it, what do you think? There's no shot in hell ill be venturing out that far in queens these days... So I guess I'll never know.
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

regulardude wrote:
Big_Billa wrote:Katz is crazy expensive but I got a hard time believing this place beats it, what do you think? There's no shot in hell ill be venturing out that far in queens these days... So I guess I'll never know.
I've never been to Katz, but my in-laws said it's basically a tourist trap these days, and that Ben's is better. I can't compare, but I can say it was the best corned beef sandwich I ever had.

I'll probably go to Katz's next time just to compare.
Oh yeah huge tourist trap, but if you're ever around the east village / Chinatown it's worth going. Great pickles and ganishes as well. Fucking a man, being in London is making wish I had some good Jewish delis around.... Food here sucks so bad.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

regulardude wrote:
Big_Billa wrote:
Oh yeah huge tourist trap, but if you're ever around the east village / Chinatown it's worth going. Great pickles and ganishes as well. Fucking a man, being in London is making wish I had some good Jewish delis around.... Food here sucks so bad.
How long you over there for, Billa? You there for work?

I got a buddy in London...could have him recommend some decent food spots for ya, if you like.
Honestly no idea pretty open ended with the government shutting down and passing all these Dodd frank laws I'm stuck here for a bit. I'm in canary wharf, he he works around here that'd be great.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

First of all, you were in Queens?

Second of all, I think this place www.sargesdeli.com/ is the best in the city it's in Murray Hill. I used to work at Court TV when they were @ 39th and 3rd and I used to eat here once a month.

This summer I went to Montreal and got a sandwich at both Main Deli Steak House and Schwartz's both were great.

We get Carnegie at work sometimes but I think it's a rip off and before it closed we used to get Stage Deli. They're all the same over priced tourist crap.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

regulardude wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:First of all, you were in Queens?

Second of all, I think this place http://www.sargesdeli.com/ is the best in the city it's in Murray Hill. I used to work at Court TV when they were @ 39th and 3rd and I used to eat here once a month.

This summer I went to Montreal and got a sandwich at both Main Deli Steak House and Schwartz's both were great.

We get Carnegie at work sometimes but I think it's a rip off and before it closed we used to get Stage Deli. They're all the same over priced tourist crap.
Yeah, my wife is from Queens. Visiting the in-laws.

I will definitely keep Sarge's Deli in mind for next time, though.
Cool, is she from Kew Garden's?
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”