coffee question

Food & beverages Discussions
VIP

coffee question

Post by VIP »

i have tried many, spanish coffee to me is just as important as the meal itself!? bustelo has always been my favorite, gevalia has been given to me and i must admit, i like it even more than bustelo ! i was thinking of trying new coffees to see whats available and any special tips you guys use!

i not only look like juan valdez of the colombian coffee commercials
but if don't shower
i smell like his donkey too!
hardcorebee24

Re: coffee question

Post by hardcorebee24 »

I'm a Bustelo man myself. I will drink Pilon if there is a sale on Bustelo that I missed and all they have is Pilon. Chock Full of Nuts is a staple in my house as well. Levazza is popular around my way as well as Illy.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
VIP

Post by VIP »

hardcorebee24 wrote:I'm a Bustelo man myself. I will drink Pilon if there is a sale on Bustelo that I missed and all they have is Pilon. Chock Full of Nuts is a staple in my house as well. Levazza is popular around my way as well as Illy.
i'm gonna have to try those out! pilon i have tried, and Chock Full of Nuts also, the others nah , but i have to check it out! now i do like the mcdonalds hot mocha coffee, and dunkin donuts, when i was in rikers jail, we used to mix coffee and packs of hot chocolate swiss miss instant,with the marshmallows, that was great! i know my grandma used to use the sock for coffee and it was great! even the milk was different, don't know if they used carnation, i better ask my mom, but certainly that coffee stood out in my mind! my sister has a fancy espresso machine, and i really don't like it, not even when i used to get it at an italian restaurant like bacigalupes on main st in flushing queens, if that place still is even there! last time i looked on google, that area looked like asia! not flushing queens! now i saw this one show, where the coffee beans were digested by a monkey and then in the dung, it was collected and brewed! and it is very expensive! i think it was a monkey or a lima. i was in shock when i saw theses people drinking it! sounds like fear factor to me! but i think it was like over $100 a cup! if i remember correctly! i love the french vanilla stuff but i have to watch my sugar intake! diabetes 2! " i got the sugar" will be my next comedy song!
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

To be coffee is crucial and it is important to make it properly.

I'm always amazed at how many times I have been to fine restaurants, had excellent meals, ended with a great, classic dessert,and with it comes a cup of lousy second rate coffee.

I will often drink donut shop coffee, but this is only because I need a fix or am on the way to work.

But I love to make coffee in a classic manner, such as with a French Press, or with a stove top Mocha Pot. There are other good ways to make coffee but these are the best. And you need good beans to grind fresh - preferably a dark roast that doesn't taste bitter. Many people don't know that the darker the beat, the less the caffeine. And the best dark roasts are not bitter.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”