Stuffed Onions on the grill... awesome!

Food & beverages Discussions
Peat56

Stuffed Onions on the grill... awesome!

Post by Peat56 »

I was looking for something new and interesting to do on my charcoal grill, and I found a recipe online for stuffed onions.

Basically you hollow out onions, taking the insides and chopping them up. You mix that with bacon, blue cheese, and butter. You top it with bread crumbs and wrap it in aluminum foil and just place them on the grill for about 40 minutes.

I didn't have blue cheese at the time so I used Feta instead. The results were fabulous! And of course, there are countless variations on stuffed onions. Not only do they smell out of this world on the grill, but taste awesome. I use a charcoal grill, which I prefer, but you could certainly do this on a gas grill or in an oven.
BIGBrandon2785

Re: Stuffed Onions on the grill... awesome!

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Nice I might give that a try.
VIP

Post by VIP »

anything with onions gets my attention!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Peat56 wrote:I was looking for something new and interesting to do on my charcoal grill, and I found a recipe online for stuffed onions.

Basically you hollow out onions, taking the insides and chopping them up. You mix that with bacon, blue cheese, and butter. You top it with bread crumbs and wrap it in aluminum foil and just place them on the grill for about 40 minutes.

I didn't have blue cheese at the time so I used Feta instead. The results were fabulous! And of course, there are countless variations on stuffed onions. Not only do they smell out of this world on the grill, but taste awesome. I use a charcoal grill, which I prefer, but you could certainly do this on a gas grill or in an oven.
Thanks for sharing your recipes Peat! It does sound yummy and I bet your recipe would work good in the oven too as BBQ season winds down for most of the country......... Here in AZ we don't BBQ too much between June and October because it's too freaking hot outside....... Starting next month we will have highs in the 80's and low's in the 50's for the next several months then it's BBQ season for AZ.......... While the rest of the country and Canada is in lock down w/ freezing temps...........
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”