What is Your Definition of Gravy?

Food & beverages Discussions
hardcorebee24

Re: What is Your Definition of Gravy?

Post by hardcorebee24 »

chef97 wrote:Thanks for sharing your recipes hardcorebee24! Your recipe(s) sounds amazing and very similar to my Italian grandma's recipe only when she would saute the garlic and olive oil she would add several anchovies filets...... Then after adding / cooking the vegetables she would add two kinds of wine a dry red and a sweet cream sherry wine but the rest of your recipe is very similar....... It's kind of a shame that hardly anybody has time to cook like this anymore we are all in such a hurry nowadays...... We work, then go home, work, home, rinse repeat.............
Thanks I hope you try and like and please add some suggestions or improvements that you see fit. Is your Grandmother Sicilian or from the Amalfi coast. They cook heavily with Anchovies. My relatives are from Campania and Lombardy specifically Naples and Como. Maternal side is Neopolitan, which is where the Pomodoro sauce comes from, they traditionally don't put anchovies in their sauces, even puttanesca. I love anchovies though. It's a part of our antipasto and I do cook with it sometimes. I love it on Caesar Salad. I'll often toast some thinly sliced french bread slap some anchovies on it for a snack.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
chef97

Re: What is Your Definition of Gravy?

Post by chef97 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
chef97 wrote:Thanks for sharing your recipes hardcorebee24! Your recipe(s) sounds amazing and very similar to my Italian grandma's recipe only when she would saute the garlic and olive oil she would add several anchovies filets...... Then after adding / cooking the vegetables she would add two kinds of wine a dry red and a sweet cream sherry wine but the rest of your recipe is very similar....... It's kind of a shame that hardly anybody has time to cook like this anymore we are all in such a hurry nowadays...... We work, then go home, work, home, rinse repeat.............
Thanks I hope you try and like and please add some suggestions or improvements that you see fit. Is your Grandmother Sicilian or from the Amalfi coast. They cook heavily with Anchovies. My relatives are from Campania and Lombardy specifically Naples and Como. Maternal side is Neopolitan, which is where the Pomodoro sauce comes from, they traditionally don't put anchovies in their sauces, even puttanesca. I love anchovies though. It's a part of our antipasto and I do cook with it sometimes. I love it on Caesar Salad. I'll often toast some thinly sliced french bread slap some anchovies on it for a snack.
You guessed it she was Sicilian all the way.... Andiamo a mangiare!!! "let's eat" in Italian....... LOL
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”