Post by chef97 »

Ingredients
4 (1 1/2-inch extra-thick) pork chops
Olive oil, for brushing
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Orange-Mustard BBQ Sauce, recipe follows

Prepare an outdoor grill with Medium high heat for both direct and indirect grilling....

Brush the pork chops on both sides with oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes.

Grill the chops over the heat until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Move them to the cool side of the grill and brush with some of the Orange-Mustard BBQ Sauce. Cook the chops, covered, turning and basting with sauce every 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted crosswise into the chops registers 145 degrees F, about 15 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes.

Orange-Mustard BBQ Sauce

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 tablespoons minced onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 tablespoons cider vinegar

1/2 cup whole-grain mustard

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

3/4 cup Orange marmalade

1/2 cup bourbon

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced and the mixture looks like wet sand, about 4 minutes. Whisk in both mustards and the Orange marmalade. Simmer, whisking, until jam melts, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bourbon and salt.
For service: Drizzle the chops with more sauce and serve.

Chef's Note: The bourbon is stirred in at the end--uncooked--to give a genuine jolt to the sauce. This light BBQ sauce goes great with pork but is also a good finisher for chicken or large shrimp.

As always, happy cooking!
Chef
TheUltimateFan

Re: Orange Bourbon Grilled Pork Chops

Post by TheUltimateFan »

Grilling Pork gives it such a unique and delicious flavor. Yum. I wish we has Smell-ternet. Chef, make up a batch and same day it too me. I will gladly pay for it.

At least post a photo.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”