Favorite meal all time

Food & beverages Discussions
classicboxfan

Favorite meal all time

Post by classicboxfan »

If you could only have one meal and were pressed to choose what that meal would be , what would you eat ?

Don't care whether you pick something plain or fancy , casual or formal JUST your all-time favorite meal to eat?

no right or wrong answers, I was just thinking of this and mulling over all the options in my own head. I'm having a hard time with it because we all like many different things for many different reasons. But if I had to choose only one favorite meal ? I'm still thinking it over
BIGBrandon2785

Re: Favorite meal all time

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Porterhouse steak,sautéed mushrooms,baked potato and summer squash.
classicboxfan

Post by classicboxfan »

BIGBrandon2785 wrote:Porterhouse steak, sautéed mushrooms, baked potato and summer squash.

baked with butter

or the butter/chive/sour cream combo ?

THAT is the question :wink:
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Chicken Picatta w/ garlic, lemon, capers and white wine sauce rice pilaf and sauteed fresh green beans.... I'm pretty sure I have a chicken picatta recipe posted here but if not I'll post one....
Chef
classicboxfan

Post by classicboxfan »

chef97 wrote:Chicken Picatta w/ garlic, lemon, capers and white wine sauce rice pilaf and sauteed fresh green beans.... I'm pretty sure I have a chicken picatta recipe posted here but if not I'll post one....

cool
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

Schnitzel and spaetzle with brown gravy.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:Schnitzel and spaetzle with brown gravy.
Yummy!
Chef
chef97

Post by chef97 »

classicboxfan wrote:
chef97 wrote:Chicken Picatta w/ garlic, lemon, capers and white wine sauce rice pilaf and sauteed fresh green beans.... I'm pretty sure I have a chicken picatta recipe posted here but if not I'll post one....

cool
I just looked and it seems I don't have a Chicken Picatta recipe so I'll post one in a bit.... :D
Chef
VIP

Post by VIP »

this is a good question
i like to cook ribs and double baked potatoes
a big pot
with onions and celery, essence country ribs boiling till it's nice and tender
crab boil

128oz of ketchup
vinegar
essence
soy sauce
brown sugar

put the oven to broil
put the rib in a big pan
sauce all over the ribs
if you can wait till the next day
after cooking the ribs in the sauce
you put the ribs and sauce into a plastic bag overnight
the sauce really does work it's way into the ribs!

get some nice big potatoes
cut them in half
bake them
spoon them out
mix in some green onions
baked them again

hmmm
i'm hungry already! lol
chef97

Post by chef97 »

VIP wrote:this is a good question
i like to cook ribs and double baked potatoes
a big pot
with onions and celery, essence country ribs boiling till it's nice and tender
crab boil

128oz of ketchup
vinegar
essence
soy sauce
brown sugar

put the oven to broil
put the rib in a big pan
sauce all over the ribs
if you can wait till the next day
after cooking the ribs in the sauce
you put the ribs and sauce into a plastic bag overnight
the sauce really does work it's way into the ribs!

get some nice big potatoes
cut them in half
bake them
spoon them out
mix in some green onions
baked them again

hmmm
i'm hungry already! lol

Awesome! Thanks for posting your recipe bro, and they really do sound like VIP style Ribs..... 8)
Chef
VIP

Post by VIP »

chef, coming from you, thats a great compliment! thanks
VIP

Post by VIP »

chef you have cooking videos on youtube?
chef97

Post by chef97 »

VIP wrote:chef you have cooking videos on youtube?
No, but I used to do a weekly cooking demo segment on my local KYMA TV station here.... As an Executive Chef working for a big corporation all of the recipes I create are proprietary rights of Sodexo.... I also have a "no competition clause" in my contract means I can't get a second job or write a book etc.... I'll have to wait about 10 more years until I retire to write a book etc. that way I won't get sued.... LOL
Chef
VIP

Post by VIP »

wow that sounds a bit rough there, is that legal? 10 years wow! it's cool being on tv though, i was watch food channel and they where showing he making of turkey potato cakes, looked good! i guess it was on dinners drive in and dives i think the show is, the guy with the white hair and goatee. i must get back into cooking, maybe i can make a youtube video of me doing some spanish dishes.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Man this is such a tough question and can change on any given day.

My favorite food is probably Mexican and a really solid taco just can't be beat.
classicboxfan

Post by classicboxfan »

tmoney1224 wrote:Man this is such a tough question and can change on any given day.

My favorite food is probably Mexican and a really solid taco just can't be beat.

If you have any special way of prepping the meat ( special blend of seasonings, type of beef used, etc) or any "secret ingredients" that makes your taco special feel free to share the recipe.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

classicboxfan wrote:
tmoney1224 wrote:Man this is such a tough question and can change on any given day.

If you have any special way of prepping the meat ( special blend of seasonings, type of beef used, etc) or any "secret ingredients" that makes your taco special feel free to share the recipe.
There is a taco place in town that does the quintessential Americanized Mexican food. Corn tacos that are load with seasoned ground beef (very fine) lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and sauce. It is like crack (I actually had it last night). Nothing super special about it, just hits my taste buds just right. I really love a good fried flour taco as well, got a place in town that does one with a seasoned meat, lettuce and sauce. So good.

When I prepare tacos at home, I do have a pretty down pat method. I take 1 lb raw ground beef (or ground turkey depending on how healthy I am feeling) and add a taco seasoning packet, around 3/4 cups of water, and around 1/3 cup of my favorite taco sauce. It is important to add all of this first before the meat has cooked to get that very fine consistency in the meat. I have tried to make taco seasoning myself, but just haven't found anything I like better than the packets.

Let the meat cook and all the liquid evaporate. Again, depending on how healthy I'm feeling, I will drain off some of the grease.

My taco assembly goes: corn shell, meat, sauce, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro, cheese, tomatoes.
classicboxfan

Post by classicboxfan »

tmoney1224 wrote:
classicboxfan wrote:

There is a taco place in town that does the quintessential Americanized Mexican food. Corn tacos that are load with seasoned ground beef (very fine) lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and sauce. It is like crack (I actually had it last night). Nothing super special about it, just hits my taste buds just right. I really love a good fried flour taco as well, got a place in town that does one with a seasoned meat, lettuce and sauce. So good.

When I prepare tacos at home, I do have a pretty down pat method. I take 1 lb raw ground beef (or ground turkey depending on how healthy I am feeling) and add a taco seasoning packet, around 3/4 cups of water, and around 1/3 cup of my favorite taco sauce. It is important to add all of this first before the meat has cooked to get that very fine consistency in the meat. I have tried to make taco seasoning myself, but just haven't found anything I like better than the packets.

Let the meat cook and all the liquid evaporate. Again, depending on how healthy I'm feeling, I will drain off some of the grease.

My taco assembly goes: corn shell, meat, sauce, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro, cheese, tomatoes.
getting me flippin' hungry here ! Sounds goooooooooood. The reason I was asking is I have a frozen pack of buffalo meat in my freezer and was wondering how that would mix flavor profile-wise as a taco filling ? They make great burgers and it's about the healthiest red meat you can eat. It's on the pricey side ( at least where I live) so I only get it once in a while.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

classicboxfan wrote:
getting me flippin' hungry here ! Sounds goooooooooood. The reason I was asking is I have a frozen pack of buffalo meat in my freezer and was wondering how that would mix flavor profile-wise as a taco filling ? They make great burgers and it's about the healthiest red meat you can eat. It's on the pricey side ( at least where I live) so I only get it once in a while.
We actually have pretty decent supply of bison meat around here. I don't know if I would use it in taco meat, just because I feel like any ground meat will work pretty well tacos, and with bison being on the more expensive side, I would almost consider it a waste. With bison, I usually just do a burgers as well. With meat as lean as bison, I like to throw just a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of breadcrumbs to keep the meat nice and moist. Salt and Pepper both sides of the patty, maybe a touch of grill seasoning, and we are happy campers.
classicboxfan

Post by classicboxfan »

tmoney1224 wrote:
classicboxfan wrote:
We actually have pretty decent supply of bison meat around here. I don't know if I would use it in taco meat, just because I feel like any ground meat will work pretty well tacos, and with bison being on the more expensive side, I would almost consider it a waste. With bison, I usually just do a burgers as well. With meat as lean as bison, I like to throw just a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of breadcrumbs to keep the meat nice and moist. Salt and Pepper both sides of the patty, maybe a touch of grill seasoning, and we are happy campers.
I figured bison might be too lean for tacos just thought it might taste good, akin to chili with venison instead of chopped beef. But you are probably right.
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

classicboxfan wrote:
tmoney1224 wrote:
classicboxfan wrote:
I figured bison might be too lean for tacos just thought it might taste good, akin to chili with venison instead of chopped beef. But you are probably right.
That is a good point though, venison chili is delicious. Feel free to go for it and report back.
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

hibachi. get me a nice hot lobster tail, terriaki chicken and shrimp on the hibachi grill with lo mein, fried rice and hot veggies.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Thank god my mother and grandmother don't read this:

I'll take my mother in law's pernil, arroz con guandule and maduros. The appetizer's being mofongo de camarones, tostones, and relleno de papa.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

McDonalds Breakfast... so good
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I really like Chili. I think That's my fav right now. A bed of basmati rice, my homemade chili sauce and a shit load of grated extra strong cheddar

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”