OT- Best Sandwich ever

Food & beverages Discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
the13r
TTR
Posts: 132964
Location: Miss You John & Kevin

OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by the13r » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 am

As a big food enthousiast, I'm at soon 40 a little bored with food so always need more suggestions... so Sandwich sounds boring but can be GREAT...

Your detailed best sandwich here in this soon to be pitted thread!

My fav these last few days

sourdough bread
ayoli
moutarde de mout (particular mustard which I don't know the name in english)
pastrami
butter
pepper
white onion tinly sliced
old cheddar
Basil leafs

MIAM!

User avatar
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Posts: 25680
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!
Contact:

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by straycat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm

A real Ruben rocks bigtime, cornbeef on toasted rye with sour kraut n swiss.
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

User avatar
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
Posts: 30138
Location: NJ

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by Primetyme199 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm

Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Toasted and pressed in either a panini press or a plancha until the bread (outside) is slightly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

User avatar
the13r
TTR
Posts: 132964
Location: Miss You John & Kevin

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by the13r » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:56 am

straycat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm
A real Ruben rocks bigtime, cornbeef on toasted rye with sour kraut n swiss.
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Yeah I need to explore the classics that is why I started this thread. I ate Rubens but never made one. TY Stray

User avatar
the13r
TTR
Posts: 132964
Location: Miss You John & Kevin

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by the13r » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm
Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Toasted and pressed in either a panini press or a plancha until the bread (outside) is slightly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
Sounds like a spin on a Croque Monsieur... But yeah sounds delicious and something I could do with the family soon. We already are making our grilled cheese with the panini press and do put polsky type of sliced pickels in them... MIAM!!

Eat those with house made ketchup... delicious

User avatar
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
Posts: 30138
Location: NJ

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by Primetyme199 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 am

the13r wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 am
Primetyme199 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm
Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Toasted and pressed in either a panini press or a plancha until the bread (outside) is slightly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
Sounds like a spin on a Croque Monsieur... But yeah sounds delicious and something I could do with the family soon. We already are making our grilled cheese with the panini press and do put polsky type of sliced pickels in them... MIAM!!

Eat those with house made ketchup... delicious
The sandwich I posted was a Cubano or Cuban sandwich. I just switched out the swiss, not a fan, for cheddar.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Post Reply