Scap

WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Re: Scap

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

You're certainly still in our thoughts and your even-keeled opinions are sorely missed.

Rest in Peace, John.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
Woobase
TTR Contributor

Post by Woobase »

3 years...unbelieveable how fleeting time is...seems like only "yesterday" that I would be talking with Scappy about boxing, then he was "sick", and then left us. Probably have admitted this before, but one of those "life" regrets, the ones that pop into your head on sleepless nights, is not meeting John when I had the chance....my reasoning was Hell, my brother lives in Seattle (John was only a few hours drive south), I will have plenty of times to visit John. Horrible mistake.

John was always the voice of reason for me. I'd take "things" too damn seriously at both ESPN and TTR, shout to John, and he would not say outright don't do that, you should do this, but would say things in such a manner that I would then realize the error of my ways. I probably caused him more "headaches" than I was worth, but John never seemed to waver nor complain.

I realize many of you younger/newer posters did not get the chance to interact with John, but he was a great human being, and I for one, selfishly miss the hell out of being able to chat with him. Cannot imagine how badly he is missed by his family.

Rest in Peace my friend!
"We have wasted HISTORY like a bunch of drunks shooting dice back in the men's crapper of the local bar" - Charles Bukowski
Pook

Post by Pook »

Woobase wrote:3 years...unbelieveable how fleeting time is...seems like only "yesterday" that I would be talking with Scappy about boxing, then he was "sick", and then left us. Probably have admitted this before, but one of those "life" regrets, the ones that pop into your head on sleepless nights, is not meeting John when I had the chance....my reasoning was Hell, my brother lives in Seattle (John was only a few hours drive south), I will have plenty of times to visit John. Horrible mistake.

John was always the voice of reason for me. I'd take "things" too damn seriously at both ESPN and TTR, shout to John, and he would not say outright don't do that, you should do this, but would say things in such a manner that I would then realize the error of my ways. I probably caused him more "headaches" than I was worth, but John never seemed to waver nor complain.

I realize many of you younger/newer posters did not get the chance to interact with John, but he was a great human being, and I for one, selfishly miss the hell out of being able to chat with him. Cannot imagine how badly he is missed by his family.

Rest in Peace my friend!
My father was my voice of reason as well. He was so level headed. He would always say how worked up I would get about things. He was always there to shine a different light on the situation and calm me down. It feels like it has been an eternity since I have talked to my dad but yet I can still hear his voice in my head. I am thankful for that.
Woobase, you were a great friend to my dad. He spoke of you guys daily. I hope that I get the opportunity to meet you all someday.
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

Scapp you are missed. Cant believe its been 3 years. Like Woo said you were always the voice of reason. You calmed me down a couple times when I got heated in here and even though I never got the chance to meet you it was a pleasure to know you. RIP Scapp!
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

Thanks for welcoming me in over here, Scapp. Your calm sense of decorum is a lasting legacy at TTR. I'll never forget the time you "Sheesh"ed me. Thank You for everything. R.I.P.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
Pook

Post by Pook »

BigPhank211 wrote:Thanks for welcoming me in over here, Scapp. Your calm sense of decorum is a lasting legacy at TTR. I'll never forget the time you "Sheesh"ed me. Thank You for everything. R.I.P.
I miss the sheesh! That was a good laugh. Thank you!
Astor
TTR

Post by Astor »

Thanks for taking the time to loggin Pook, always appreciated to be able to share this moment with people who were close to john and important for him. I know he is still loved and that's in itself is a nice homage to what a great person John was and still is in all the persons he touched.
Scapp:
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."

"Man, it really felt good to be home and some of my family and grandkids were here so we had a very pleasant evening. Again, thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words. You are truly a great bunch of friends."
Pook

Post by Pook »

Astor wrote:Thanks for taking the time to loggin Pook, always appreciated to be able to share this moment with people who were close to john and important for him. I know he is still loved and that's in itself is a nice homage to what a great person John was and still is in all the persons he touched.
I wouldn't miss it! I am overwhelmed that after three years you all still miss him as much as we do. Since last year we added a third son to our family. All my dad wanted was some grandsons in addition to all of his grand daughters. He now has 4 grand sons. Two of them, as well as his grand daughter Isla, will never remember him but I can tell them about the TTR and how highly you held their grandfather. This is priceless to me.
Walstan86

Post by Walstan86 »

I come to pay my respects to John and stand a little in awe of the strength of his influence for-the-good on fellas across the world. I also take this opportunity to wish his family the best of everything this Christmas. Salut!
"... I won the battle of the bands w/ a ballad." -- LORD
Astor
TTR

Post by Astor »

Pook wrote:
Astor wrote:Thanks for taking the time to loggin Pook, always appreciated to be able to share this moment with people who were close to john and important for him. I know he is still loved and that's in itself is a nice homage to what a great person John was and still is in all the persons he touched.
I wouldn't miss it! I am overwhelmed that after three years you all still miss him as much as we do. Since last year we added a third son to our family. All my dad wanted was some grandsons in addition to all of his grand daughters. He now has 4 grand sons. Two of them, as well as his grand daughter Isla, will never remember him but I can tell them about the TTR and how highly you held their grandfather. This is priceless to me.

He was always VERY proud to announce he was a grand-father again... i remember we used to joke that he was almost a grand-father again every month at some point LOL
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

I find myself to be stumbling to find words. I travelled back in time to that one day at Espn when we all woke up to find that we had a moderator. John fit like a glove right from the very start. In short he was moderate and fair. Shortly after we became pretty good virtual friends and in many ways I felt closer to him then other friends who lived in the same city.

I often go back and read his emails for a variety of reasons and they always seem to relax me and paint a kind of picture. One of a stoic man that even when not opening up shows you a picture of his soul. I think of him often and especially when I'm out fishing. I find myself talking out loud and asking him for advice on what to try next. I regret having never met this special but I feel I was his friend nonetheless.

Never forgotten
G-d bless you and your family.

Ps- Astor that is an incredible avatar.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Somewhat plagiarizing here but its evident John has not left TTR, He wont leave untill we leave.
I frequently find my self thinking about John and maybe combing through his post count is a chief reason. I will always be grateful for the time he took to email fights to me when I went through my separation and had no other way to keep current with the sport.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Dang, 3 years. wow. definitely seems like just yesterday. John is definitely missed by all that have known him and I certainly miss my interactions with him. God bless him and his family.
guysta

Post by guysta »

Damn, 3 years. :?

I have spent the last hour going through all of these old posts.....gives ya chills reading some of this stuff. He was a great guy and is truly missed here.

RIP
Scapp
vladtail

Post by vladtail »

It's amazing to see how much of an impact John made here at TTR. I don't post much but I visit the site quite a bit and I do remember a lot of the stories everyone has talked about.
I firmly believe when a man leaves this world, the most important thing he leaves behind are the memories created by his actions in those people around him. John, you would be proud of what you left behind. You are truly missed.
RIP John.

Return to “TTR HOF”