No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Here we have John making light of a rough winter situation with Astor on March 18th 2008
the13r wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:
the13r wrote: No joke, we had more than 4 meters of snow this year and i dug with only a shovel 6 feet of snow deep on the whole roof , i was cutting chunks at a time, couldve built 4 igloos!! :lol:

beer time :D
Don't you mean off your house roof? If you put 6 feet of snow on it then you are one stupid SOB! LOL!

YEAH thats what i mean, but for me in french, since the snow is ON the roof, that sounded right the way i tell it and translate it, but youre right makes more sense that way.

Was a pain doing all this, there started to have more cases on the news of roof colapsing under the snow weight, and after inspecting things and due to my terrain disposition, i had more snow than all the neighboors... 6 feet i thought was too much, and one fo the doors in one of the rooms in my hoouse closed a little less well... anyway so i decide to begin the task of removing it since i was off... took me two days of very very hard work.
straycat

Post by straycat »

One little exchange between John and I on March 27th went like this.
straycat wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:
straycat wrote: HAAAAAAA!!!!!
Nah Scapp, but folks wacthing the fight are gonna think Joe's old man spent the last few rounds in his corner chopping onions when the fight is over. :lol:
LOL! Well, we'll see about that!
We'll have to bookmark the thread,
One Whole Night Of I Told You So,
Or One Whole Night Of Eating Crow.
straycat

Post by straycat »

One from the Mugs page that started it all for the Mugs ection.
Chefs Mugs Thread from July 15th 2007
Scapposejohn wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:Hey Crimson, I don't believe that you have offered up a picture of yourself. Maybe you can do so. And no Borat stuff.

My natural modesty forbids.

Yeah.................right. Just as I figured...............cluck, cluck, cluck.
straycat

Post by straycat »

On tap is one of the JC/BHop breakdowns.
From April 6th 2008

Scapposejohn wrote:
straycat wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:
Whatever pulls your trigger, Straycat. You fellas can carry on all you want. I've just grown tired of the subject and am just waiting on the fight. Anyway, have fun with it.

Thanks Scapp my love for boxing and they way I approach it is that I truely enjoy wacthing this sport no matter who is fighting.
I have enjoyed wacthing both fighters over there careers, and even though I am pulling for Hopkins and feel he will neutralize Joe's speed and fluency does'nt mean that I have to ride the fence. I can still be a fan of both fighters before and after this fight.

Holy Crap! You're pulling for Hopkins? Man, that sure caught me off guard! HA! j/k
Anyway, fair enough and carry on.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

straycat wrote:Johm always had a sense of reminding folks what was real in life.
here was his suggetion to FighFanAl for his B Day
From March 24th 2008.
Scapposejohn wrote:
FightFanAl wrote: my friends took me out saturday...any suggestions on what i should do to celebrate tomorrow?
Enjoy your birthday. If you're not into another round of drinking then maybe some good food with close friends is in order.
Scap's a great dude. Hope hes enjoying the afterlife fishing somewhere
straycat

Post by straycat »

On August 24th 2008 in a member appreciation thread this exchange about Eddie took place.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
the13r wrote:
wimpy wrote:One more to add - Old school knowledge is great hear. I always learn great things from Scap, Rasta and yes even the young one Marciano.
I always felt the most interesting posts for me are fsteddi's. He's like E.F. Hutton for me. I stop and listen.

fsteddie has the most boxing experience in here by a few miles, hes been there and saw some great fighters. He doesnt post much but everything he says is worth listening/reading.

A big ditto on that! You can take a backseat when it comes to Fsteddi, that's for sure.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here we have John updating us on his brother in laws status and thanking the members for there thoughtful concerns.
This took place April 28th 2008, at the end he shows through all this that he still had a small hint of humor to unload.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Rasta666 wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:Good news! David comes off the respirator tomorrow. They are gradually lowering his need for it. The staff infection is under control too. So it looks like he's going to make it and Peggy will be coming home on Wednesday.

I want to thank you all again for your concern and prayers. I sincerely mean that and will never forget the kindness you all have shown towards my family. Indeed, you are true friends.

Right on. Those damn spirit stones do work :wink:

Yep, along with the blanket. He's keeping the blanket but the stone will stay with Peggy.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

This one was taken from a thread about sanctioning bodies holding belts hostage.
It's also from April 28th 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
theVAMP wrote:I'm not saying that Casa and Diaz shouldnt fight. I'm just saying what the situation is.

Lets say whoever wins this is again the Ring champ... now what if MAB wants to come out of retirement, im pretty sure they'll match him with the winner of this fight. What if they pull out got ol' Rocky Juarez and give him another match.

I'll be playing close attention to how they sign and who the "RING Champ" faces next.

Maybe the best approach is to wait and see. Like the saying goes, it all comes out in the wash.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

One regarding The Froch/Inkin non fight that was discussed on April 27th 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Pride Of Wales wrote: If Inkin pulls out of this fight he will never get the same opportunity again... Its plain obvious he's running.

By the time he fights the eliminator he'll be too old to even fight for the title.
He pulled out. So there you go. Opportunity knocks and he locks the door.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is John telling another member some good old common sense. The topic is ODH/Forbes
The date for this one April 29th 2008
Scapposejohn wrote:
bigstave wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:
It ain't gonna pay. Forbes will lose along with your money. Think about it Stave.

I know dlh will probably easily win, but it's always nice to call the upset :D I definetly will think about it before I lay down some money.

Forget the odds. Do you really think Forbes will win this fight and want to put a C note on it? C'mon Stave, don't throw away money just because the odds look sweet. Everyone will make money but you.

My advice is NEVER bet unless you think you have a good chance at winning. Odds are tempting but they will rape your wallet on careless bets. Just a little advice from one friend to another.
straycat

Post by straycat »

From May 3rd 2008 InManningWeTrust was a little hard on Oscar after going the distance with Steve Forbes.

InManningWeTrust wrote: DLH is a flat out JOKE, WAR PBF

I can't believe what i just seen.

could'nt knock out a LIGHTWEIGHT.

I hope PBF puts him on his ass in september.

Yea, he moved more than in the past, he did'nt fade in the later rounds................

BUT JESUS HE'S A LIGHTWEIGHT!!!!!

WOW....

and HBO rode his sack the entire fight. screw HBO and DLH.
Took a few pages but John chimed in and checked him on it.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
InManningWeTrust wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:DLH is a flat out joke?

SHEESH!
Don't mis-interpret me i'm not saying his career is a flat out joke i'm saying DLH presently is a joke.

Fair enough. Even so, and without any disrespect intended, my comment would still be the same. I expected better from DLH but to call him a flat out joke is going way overboard, even in the present tense. That's my take on it anyway.
Last edited by straycat on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here we have an exchange between John and Banks involving Floyd Sr potentially being in a corner opposite of Floyd Jr, and Roger.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Banks wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:The Mayweathers are so dysfunctional that having family members in opposite corners would probably not even raise an eyebrow with them. Not only that but this is probably as close to a family reunion as they will ever get.

LMAO, probably true. I've said before how bad I feel for Jeff, he's the only normal one.

Yep. Jeff seems to stay out of the drama and stuff.

I'm still thinking that they should have a tailgate party or something before the fight. It might be their last chance at saying hey to each other. HA!
Sorry but no timeline for this one.
Last edited by straycat on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A topic concerning the makeup of the WBC belt lead to a bit of confusion for John.
With the help of Rasta he was able to sort things out but still felt compelled to make light of his situation.
This one took place May 12 2008

ScapposeJohn wrote:
Rasta wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote: OK, so it's not two different belts but the colors on one belt?
Yup and that article confused me to as it kind of makes it sound as if their are two.
Geezus, that was the dumbest question I ever asked! If there was an idiot of the day award then I would of won it! LOL!
Last edited by straycat on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

These are great little memorials stray
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
straycat

Post by straycat »

On topic for this one was Wives at ringside, This is from May 17th 2008 when Chris Byrd got KO'd in an attempt to return as a light heavy by Shaun George.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Erison wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:
I pretty much agree with you. Having your wife as your manager/business partner in boxing certainly isn't something that I consider a good move. Yet, if Byrd is contemplating still fighting then I think he should listen to his wife. Even the most casual fan could watch his last two fights and see that it's time for him to hang up the gloves. He's a done deal as a contender, let alone a world title holder. That's my take on it anyway.

Yeah, and if his wife speaking for him is what keeps hims safe, then so be it.

Yep. Someone has to knock some sense into him because these fighters certainly haven't. LOL!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Well folks this speaks volumes on just what a class act John really was, and it appears he was also just a sentimental old fashioned down to earth guy.
While the rest of the board added to the humor in there own way to the following picture that was posted May 20th 2008, our friend paid ultimate homage to Mrs Scapp.
Papa1472002 wrote:OT: Is anyone on the board married?
If so, is this what the word "wife" really means?

ScapposeJohn wrote:I've been married to the same sweet lady for 29 years. Even so, I would never even think about giving her a shirt like that, let alone having her wear it for a picture. That's not what a marriage is about at all.
straycat

Post by straycat »

John knew when to step away from a situation once he knew he said what he had to say.
His example was like this in more instances than just this one.

This was May 23'd 2008

ScapposeJohn wrote:
RingGeneralship wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:

Oh please? Think what you want but, FYI, I have never stated anywhere that Mayweather has ducked anyone. But I'm thinking that your statement was meant as a general statement. Even then, you are inviting comments that might never have shown up. So don't "oh please" me about something you generate and I'm not even involved in or anyone had yet to comment on.

dayum! are you just a sensitive berto fan? Very Happy like "damn i wanted to say that

hey im just joking with you.

i HAVE seen people say he was ducking berto in another board, i guess that says something about the quality haha. or who knows.

Fair enough but I'm not a Berto fan let alone sensitive about him. After all, you're the one who jumped and I just responded.

Either way, I'm good here and hope you feel likewise.
straycat

Post by straycat »

In a thread titled "Best Boxer/Puncher" on May 30th 2008 a whole slew of fighters where being mentioned.
Hearns
Sugar ray
ODH
Sanchez
Hagler
PBF
RJJ
Cotto
Louis
Jefferies
Ali
Arguello
Morrales
Starling
Curry
The list went on and on till page 4 when John piped in with his selection followed by his most well known single worded phrase
ScapposeJohn wrote:You fellas having a memory lapse? No mention of Ray Robinson? SHEESH!
Butaloh immediately replied with this line and John shortly followed.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
butaloh wrote:]Who? The basketball player? Pfff.... I hate the Spurs. :wink:
LOL! You're a funny guy Butaloh. Thanks for the laugh.
Ratsa also tried to assure that John's addition to the topic was not over looked but was quickly brought into check by our dear friend.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Rasta666 wrote:Ray is a given and mentioned several times and I agree wholeheartedly on his re- mentioning lol
He may be a given, my friend, but Ray Robinson hasn't been mentioned at all in this thread let alone several times.
Last edited by straycat on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

On the day that Erison had Graduated High School he posted so on the board the 1st day of June 2008, and it led to the following exchange that also involved an allways wise cracking Loser.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Loseronriver wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote: Congrats to you, Erison! Next up is enjoy the summer and then start working on your college degree.
Go out and get that first piece!!! :lol:
I'll bet he's been there and done that!
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

Those posts bring back memories of good times Stray, looks like a labour of love.......

Good Stuff, Well Done and Thanks for the Memories.......

Man it's hard to believe it's almost the 7th of December.......
Pook

Post by Pook »

It warms my heart to read through these great posts made by my father. I still can't believe that he is gone. I truly lost a dad and a best friend. Thank you so much for keeping his memory alive. If my boys become half the man my dad was I will be one lucky mom.
Greatest thanks!
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
straycat

Post by straycat »

Pook wrote:It warms my heart to read through these great posts made by my father. I still can't believe that he is gone. I truly lost a dad and a best friend. Thank you so much for keeping his memory alive. If my boys become half the man my dad was I will be one lucky mom.
Greatest thanks!
WOW, just now trying to add a few to the mix, hope you, Enga and James can find time to drop in over the next few days.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is a biggest choke thread and the discussion ccenters on what gave Andrew Golota the nick name South Pole.
The date for this one is May 21'st 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
IamZOD80 wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote: He did quit against Tyson he was intimidated in that one and looking for a way out. But i think he was genuinely hurt by Lewis. He looked in shock when Lewis opened up on him. I'll never forget the look on his face as he was being given a count.
yeah, that look was classic. looked like bruce banner turning into the hulk.
Yep, Golota is probably the go to guy when it comes to choking. And that's some funny stuff about "Bowe's nut protector", Lurkster. I got a good laugh out of that comment.
straycat

Post by straycat »

When the potential match up of Kelly Pavlik vrs Joe Calzaghe fell through the possibilty of Kelly fighting Ricardo Mayorga somehow got tosses around.
John hit a grand slam on this comment.
The date is June 13th.
ScapposeJohn wrote:It's absolutely outrageous to even think about a fight between Pavlik and Mayorga. Mayorga would get KTFO along with Pavlik being criticized for even taking the fight. Just a terrible match up.

BTW, I didn't take the time to read through the other comments so if I expressed something already posted then I apologize.
The post was quickly co-signed by Mekane.
mekane wrote:I don't think it can be repeated enough, this matchup is terrrrrible!!!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is a little exchange between Marciano and John that centered around a thread about a tactic utilized by Max Baer in his fight with Primo Carnera where Max would pounce on Primo just as he was getting back up to his feet, Marciano brought up that the same tactic was used frequently by Jack Dempsy.
Ya kind of get the feeling at the end John was being one up'd by our young but knowledgeable member Marciano here but was taking it all in stride.
The date for this one is Wednesday June 11 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
marciano1952 wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote: Now go and enjoy your summer and then get your little punk ass in college! HA!
LOL scapp i signe up for Collage the 18th and going on a senior cruies the end of the mounth so i thank i can hold up to the demands LOL
Sweet! Good for you, kid!
Last edited by straycat on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TTR HOF”