No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

Post by straycat »

A topic covering Freddy Roach going public with concerns over Bernard Hopkins health and stating he would not work his corner produced this exchange.
August 4th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:I just don't agree w/ Roach throwing Bernard "under the bus" w/ comments like him going to the wrong corner. if you don't wanna see him fight anymore, fine, tell him, and step away as his trainer. there, now you've done your part, Freddie. now leave it alone.
it's not necessarily for you to go to the press and tear the man down.
Good point and it isn't uncommon to see a fighter head for the wrong corner after a round ends. Not only that but the same holds true for a fighter going to a neutral corner after the opponent has been knocked down or the ref calls a time out. Still, when it happens repeatedly during a fight then questions might arise but I really don't believe Hopkins is one of those. The guy is alert and shows it in interviews and such. He can snap back an answer like the crack of a whip. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my take on it.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A couple from a topic about Shane Mosley wanting to sue Balco founder Victor Conte.
August 6th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:shane is taking bad advice is he wants to sue conte... conte has no reason to lie at this point and shane is not like some big fish for him to fry... shane should just stay quiet...
Ditto on that. Mosley just might be opening up a can of worms with this stuff.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:Agreed. When you're reduced to arguing that you didn't know what you were taking, it's not worth it. Most people won't buy that, and you're reminding people that you were on the juice, which at the least casts some aspersions on his legacy as an athlete, if not his character.
Agreed.
Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Often threads back around this time would often wind up constantly morphing into one specific topic or another, on this paticular day a thread about comparing Lennox Lewis commentary against George Forman. From there it became about something else and members eventually got sick of it.

One member made a statement out of the blue about baseball, prompting another to comment about it being a quite feminine sport.
John chimed in with a really good response to that.

August 10th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Erison wrote:So, how about them Yankees?
Baseball is a girl's game.
Fair enough Tommy but then maybe you can explain to me what's so manly about Cricket! HA!

On the following page the conversation went here.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Erison wrote:
Ohh. He went there. Its on now.
:lol:
Truth is I wouldn't want to face the world's best pichers or bowlers.

(a video that was impeded presumably showed a batter getting hit by a pitch could not be transferred)
OUCH! He beaned that guy pretty good!
Pook

Post by Pook »

Straycat I need to come on here more often. I had no idea that you added to this thread through out the year. You are a great and loyal friend to my dads memory!
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
straycat

Post by straycat »

Pook wrote:Straycat I need to come on here more often. I had no idea that you added to this thread through out the year. You are a great and loyal friend to my dads memory!
Hey Pook how are you and the Family doing, be great to see ya drop in but understand if it's not something you are comfortable with doing, give my regards to Mrs Scapp, James and Enga.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Yeah great work stray

Very nice homage to a great human being

thanks for all your hard work
Pook

Post by Pook »

straycat wrote:
Pook wrote:Straycat I need to come on here more often. I had no idea that you added to this thread through out the year. You are a great and loyal friend to my dads memory!
Hey Pook how are you and the Family doing, be great to see ya drop in but understand if it's not something you are comfortable with doing, give my regards to Mrs Scapp, James and Enga.
I think to all of the time but my three boys and caregiving for my husbands 93 year old grandma takes up just about all f my time. I think of you guys all of the time. I need to be better and dropping in.
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
straycat

Post by straycat »

Well Pook as long as I am still here my cyber boxing pal's memory will always here with me.
Last edited by straycat on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A topic covering Chad Dawson refusing to fight Adrian Diaconu KSTAT left the following comment prompting John to reply with this.
July 13th 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:
KSTAT124 wrote:Apparently, Dawson committed to a bout against Antonio Tarver and will be coming into that bout as the challenger for Tarver's IBF and IBO titles.

He relinquished his WBC title on his own rather than have the WBC strip him of it. I don't know if Dawson's camp thought by voluntarily giving up the belt, they wouldn't piss off Jose Suliaman and other WBC officials but they did.

When Dawson was originally supposed to defend against Diaconu, Diaconu, then the no. 1 contender and mandatory challenger, withdrew because of an injury. Dawson ended up defending against Epifanio Mendoza instead.

Dawson was allowed an additional optional defense, against Glen Johnson, with the stipulation that the winner would face the winner of the Diaconu-Chris Henry interim title bout (which was held a week later). Both Johnson and Dawson agreed.

As the article above pointed out, Dawson-Diaconu went to purse bids. Dawson's people waited until afterwards to notify the WBC of their decision not to fight Diaconu.

Dawson's free to do what he wants but the way he and his people went about this shows a real lack of class.

It would serve them right if the tentatively agreed to bout with Tarver falls apart.
With what KSTAT said then ducking probably isn't the best way to describe Dawson. A lack of class is putting it lightly though.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

John's work did not go by unappreciated in the least, a simple inquiry about placing a post from the B&G to the Intel forum garnered a few pats on the back for our dear friend.
This one was August 5th 2008.
scappoosejohn wrote:I've read some messages that I believe should be in the "Intellectual Forum"but I don't want to move them and have someone pissed off at me. One would be the topic Stench posted about Iraq oil. Anyway, should I leave them here or move them at my discretion? Thanks for any replies. Like Astor says, this is your home so your comments are appreciated.
wimpy wrote:Scap, you have been doing a great job, BTW.
ceelowsback wrote:Do what you have to do Scap. You are doing a tremendous job. Flawless.
RASTA666 wrote:You decide. I think Stench made reference to miss-posting but someone already replied so he could not change it. Interesting topic.
I like your 24 hour rule but if I ever post anything you deem to belong in a different place....move it man at your discretion. I trust you're judgment. I think its very cool that you even posted the question. You do not over moderate this site in the least. And I aint kissin your ass twit :lol:
Always the gentleman John chimed back.
scappoosejohn wrote:Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Ceelowsback let the board in a a scam one of his com padres fell for back on Aug 4th in a thread titled
OT:My Boy Just "lost" 50 G's

More funds needed to pay for washing chemical fluid
The victim cannot take away the trunk, or any notes, since he is informed that the taxes have not been paid, but once the notes are "washed", it will be easy to pay the taxes and there will be millions left over. The victim is persuaded that he must buy the chemical to wash the notes, and of course the chemical cleaning fluid is "very expensive". Once again the victim parts with money to the fraudster. Sometimes the fraudsters will set up a website purporting to be a seller of the cleaning fluid, which obviously has such a unique and unusual name that it can not be found anywhere else. This adds to the credibility of the story and the victim may even contact the website directly to buy the fluid, allowing the conmen yet another chance to con the victim.[/quote]

plenty of blunt replies followed, eventually this was added and John subtlety put a cap on things.
scappoosejohn wrote:
m__de wrote:
IamZOD80 wrote:i like the one involving the british lottery or something like that. damn brits!!
or how about the one where your long lost relative dies in a third world country and leaves you 1 zillion dollars. lol.
I've received both by email and just delete them and block the address.

A good rule to follow is that if it sounds too good to be true then .............
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

An article about Freddie Roaches concern for Bernard Hopkins was posted and drew a few accusations of Roach throwing Hopkins under a bus.

John chimed i with is take on it in usual fashion.

August 4th 2008.

scappoosejohn wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:I just don't agree w/ Roach throwing Bernard "under the bus" w/ comments like him going to the wrong corner. if you don't wanna see him fight anymore, fine, tell him, and step away as his trainer. there, now you've done your part, Freddie. now leave it alone.
it's not necessarily for you to go to the press and tear the man down.
Good point and it isn't uncommon to see a fighter head for the wrong corner after a round ends. Not only that but the same holds true for a fighter going to a neutral corner after the opponent has been knocked down or the ref calls a time out. Still, when it happens repeatedly during a fight then questions might arise but I really don't believe Hopkins is one of those. The guy is alert and shows it in interviews and such. He can snap back an answer like the crack of a whip. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my take on it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

August 3rd an article was posted about Gary Coleman being thrown out of a baseball game fortoo much pine tar and later autographing baseball bats.

The following exchange took place.
scappoosejohn wrote:
BostonBXG wrote:The bat is almost as big as Coleman.
That's probably why it was corked. Otherwise the bat would be too heavy for the little snort to swing!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

August 6th a topic started up concerning a suit a boxer was perusing.

It lead to this little piece.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:Agreed. When you're reduced to arguing that you didn't know what you were taking, it's not worth it. Most people won't buy that, and you're reminding people that you were on the juice, which at the least casts some aspersions on his legacy as an athlete, if not his character.
Agreed.
Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Another from August 6th, John had an eye for most things a casual fan would not pick up. He also picked up on a few other things.
:wink:
stenchasaurous wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:I hope it's true as long as Wlad won't have to scrap a belt to do it. It would be pretty awesome if it did happen in England too. I think it would probably make more money there, so why not? It would make a lot of money in Germany too, but their crowds are so damm boring it makes you wonder why they even show up.
Yep, a European venue would probably work best since that is where their main fan base is. And since neither one of them are from Germany then maybe we'll be relieved from watching a fight there. LOL

BTW, them German ladies at the fights look pretty fine, though.
That's a big co-sign. :lol:
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Marciano posted a fight of John Ruiz and I believe he was trying to exhibit a fight where Ruiz did not hold or clinch that much.
This style of embedding videos was disabled a while back. Anyway our friend John wittingly came up with a better example of John Ruiz not clinching a whole lot in a fight, a Ruiz KO loss that lasted only 19 seconds August 8th 2008 for this one folks.

:-D
marciano1952 wrote:
Underweartaker wrote:
marciano1952 wrote:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6oU_QU4b30&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6oU_QU4b30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Jess Willard we can take.

Wlad we can give or take.

But Marciano, you are never going to convince fellow TTR'ders that Ruiz is exciting to watch. Ever.
LOL thats not the point I was trying to make Ruiz talkig about not Clinching so I desided to post a fight he won without him Clinching every secound LOL
scappoosejohn wrote:Then maybe you should of posted his fight against Tua. LOL!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

A thread on George Foreman being a bed commentator had morphed in to a rehash of miscellaneous piss fits and had some trying to hijack it.
The following exchange took place when Tommy made a comment about Americas Favorite Pastime to which John took aim and fired.
August 8th 2008 here folks.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Erison wrote:So, how about them Yankees?
Baseball is a girl's game.
Fair enough Tommy but then maybe you can explain to me what's so manly about Cricket! HA!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Chuck was pretty excited about going to a fight card and John in his simple mild man mannered way piped in with this comment
October 6th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
chuck9788 wrote:Friday, August 15 2008

Orleans Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada

Layla McCarter (30-13-5, 7 KO's) vs Loli Munoz (8-4-1, 5 KO's) lightweight
Johnny Taunton (6-0) vs Rodrigo Aranda featherweight
Patrick Liles (7-0, 7 KO's) vs Leo Bercier cruiserweight
Rodrigo Aguiar vs Simon Ruvalcaba middleweight

Not the best fighters, but decent matchups. Peace fella's!
I'd say hope you have a good time but I expect that's gonna happen anyway.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Always ready to put his admin hat on John politely uses his PC mindset.
August 8th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
brownelvis54 wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:When you no longer feel the need to ask if you are.

Oh yeah....................................................................................................then kiss my brown ass

We may consider you a regular but don't push your luck. Ain't anyone here that's gonna kiss any ass, regardless of color.
Later in the thread Marciano was trying to pour light on the situation, but John still made his point in with his usual proper demure.
scappoosejohn wrote:
marciano1952 wrote: LOL scapp I thank most would take it as a joke
HA! Kind of a joke but no one kisses my white ass around here..............or anyone else for that matter.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Nobody had Manny beating Oscar when this fight was originally announced. Including John who drop this comment in a "What Can Manny Do To Beat Oscar" thread.
August 28th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:With the weight, reach and height disparity I would suggest that Pacquiao set a new standard in famous boxing quotes................."Kill the knee caps and the head will die".
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

slow month in boxing lead to a poster realizing he was composing meaningless topics. John seeing the humor in the situation went a bit further with his response.
August 27th 2008 for this.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Chi_Box wrote:....putting more thought into the threads i start... i'm kind of on a bad run... no good boxing talk from me lately.. just a thread about Yams, the Tiguan (a car nobody seems to have seen or care about), and a thread where I basically talk to myself about the Cubs....

boooo me
Did you put any thought into starting this thread? HA! j/k
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

At Johns suggestion and ignore option was implemented and immediately there there was bit of confusion.
regulardude wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:
regulardude wrote:I accidentally hit "ignore" for both Griss and 3mosquitos.

How the how do I put them back on my regular list instead of "ignore"? Astor, help a dummy out!
one way is to not put them on there in the first place, you big jerk lol
Hahah...dude...the "ignore" button is right next to the "quote" button! I was trying to reply to both of 'em in my other thread and botched it!

marciano1952 wrote:when did we get ignor list?
b0x1ng wrote:I can't read a thing here. Is that because I'm ignoring all you guys?

Eventually this exchange took place where John once again couldn't help himself
August 28th 208
marciano1952 wrote:
supermaxpapic wrote:I don't see the ignore button. Soon as I do, it's "goodbye Duder". 8)
right next to quote
scappoosejohn wrote:
supermaxpapic wrote: Seriously. I don't see it.
Maybe it's because I have the "grey" style background. :?
Maybe it's because everyone on the board is ignoring you? HA-HAAAAAAA! j/k
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

On a night when Astor was showcasing Tommy Morrison's career the following took place between Erison and John.
September 2nd 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
Erison wrote:Been watching it.

Did Morrison coin the phrase "I zigged when I should have zagged"?
I really don't know but one thing for sure is that he wasn't any good at either.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Floyd Maywether had been robbed and some of the gang just couldn't help themselves.

RASTA666 wrote:
tainos wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:Mayweather can handle it. After all, according to him, he will be a billionaire by the end of the year. (sarcasm intended)
It was just a matter of time before this would happen to Mr bling bling! Im surprised it took this long!

No kidding. I mean making videos of himself counting out his cash like Tony Montana and posting them on youtube. Just brilliant.
John capped it off with this response.
September 2nd 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:Yep, Mayweather is about as brilliant as a box of rocks! HA!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

John was sort of high on Amir Kahn, after Kahn got blown out by Bredis Prescot he had this pretty accurate insight to add to a conversation that was going on
September 6th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
tainos wrote:Wrong decision by putting him in with a puncher. Prescott can bang!
Maybe so but he can't just pick and choose the type of opponents he will face and still climb towards a world title. Eventually, it's necessary to face a fighter even if the adversity is there. Otherwise, there will be no improvement or learning experience.

This just might work for the good with Khan. It will humble him somewhat knowing that he isn't invincible and can rebuild from the loss and may come back as a better all around fighter. Time will tell.
scappoosejohn wrote:
tainos wrote:Great post Scapp! Hopefully he learns from this but it does seem he doesnt have any type of chin.
Yeah but those were some real clean, hard shots. Not too many fighters will continue from those punches.

But you do have a point. The first punch had Khan hurt but that left hook was right on the sweet spot with everything behind it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “TTR HOF”