No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Here we have a thread simply titled "Fights that make you like/respect a fighter", John Simply chimed in with this.
The date for this one June 6th 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:My sig sums up my opinion.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Done for this evening but before I go I have another solo entry from John on June 6th, it is from a video that has been removed.
From what you can gather Holmes looks to be talking with DK about having him promote him for an up coming fight.
ScapposeJohn wrote:I don't get Larry Holmes at all. He use to bad mouth Don King every chance he got and now he is back doing business with him again. I'm beginning to wonder if money is more important to him than integrity. He certainly is presenting a double standard. Oh well, if King screws him over again then he can only blame himself. Like the saying goes, "Fool me once .... shame on you. Fool me twice .... shame on me".'
straycat

Post by straycat »

On the topic of Danny Lopez getting into the HOF John added this solo comment.
The date June 16th 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:Danny "Little Red" Lopez still isn't a member of the IBHOF. I consider that a terrible oversight. Either that or the people who actually vote on this stuff got their head stuck in that anatomically impossible place. Something to think about anyway.
got their head stuck in that anatomically impossible place
:lol:
straycat

Post by straycat »

Always the family man at heart, this post was made on a day when the site had hosting problems with server Astor was doing business with at the time.
June 17th 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:I kind of liked it this morning. I got my coffee, went to log on and take care of the spamers, then nothing but an error report. So I watched the news instead and played with the grandkids along with eating some breakfast with them. It made for a nice morning so maybe this stuff can happen more often.
straycat

Post by straycat »

In a joke thread about Tye Fields everyone was was dumping on him in his loss against Monte Barrett.
Prime & John closed out the thread with this
Primetyme199 wrote:Why Tye Fields is going to be the most feared heavyweight................ Because he might fall on top of you when he gets KTFO.
While still adding to the humor and bringing back the situation to a real common sense reason for such poor performance Johns addition to the topis was.
ScapposeJohn wrote:After his performance tonight, I don't really think he will be feared at all. Someone needs to teach this guy that you never square up against your opponent. SHEESH!
June 28th 2008 for this one.
straycat

Post by straycat »

On an evening when Humberto Soto got a DQ against Francisco Lorenzo on what appeared to be an errant decision from referee Joe Cortez this exchange took place.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
David wrote:Like I said last night...If that punch caused a concussion then Humberto Soto is the hardest puncher to have ever lived hands down.
It wasn't a conclussive punch so it must of been wind turbulence that did poor ol' Lorenzo in! LOL!

Hell, right from the get go Lorenzo got worked good and busted up badly from legal shots. The so called punch at the end of the fight had nothing whatsoever to do with the outcome. To think otherwise is just outrageous. That's my take on it anyway.
straycat

Post by straycat »

The long awaited return of Jilgas brought out this enlightening exchange between he and John.
June 27th 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Jilgas wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote: Good to know that you have retained your sense of humor. Enjoy your wine with dinner.
Ima be the next board wine snob like woo, haha.
How are they biting out west?
Wooster should feel honored with your wine snobbing. LOL!
As far as fishing, I do most of mine in the winter and some in the spring. Come summertime it's get out the BBQ, swim in the pool and eat ice cream.
Woobase
TTR Contributor

Post by Woobase »

Stray...you need to be commended.....just read the entire 6 pages....incredible, almost like Scappy was still here with us.

Thank you
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

Can't believe it has been 2 years already. I really miss him being around. Whether it was talking about boxing, or family and friends, he was a stand up guy.

RIP ScapposeJohn!

Randy
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Great work Stray!!

That's my take on it anyway :wink:
Pook

Post by Pook »

Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to honor my father in such a wonderful way. I was sent an email with a link to a thread for today where we can post memories of my dad. When I click on the link it says that it does not exist. Is there another thread as I would love to read posts if there is.

Thank you again!
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Pook i sent you all the infos in a email (replied to the one you had sent me)
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

This was great! Nice Straycat & everyone for their comments.
I joined this website a few years ago right before my dad got sick, hoping to have another way to bond with him while he was in the hospital, I knew he'd have his laptop open to The 13th Round while stuck in that place. =] The 13th round diddnt bring me closer to him at the time because he got too sick, but "meeting" you all here after he passed and reading all of this is so touching and always has been. You guys are a great bunch. Boxing did bring my dad & I together when I was a kid. There wasn't anything I loved more than sitting next to him on the couch & watching a good fight. I'm thankful that I had such a great dad, I'm thankful for the fights, & I'm thankful for The 13th Round. Let my dad forever live in our hearts, & boxing forever bring us together.
Thanks guys
Pook

Post by Pook »

vikingprincess wrote:This was great! Nice Straycat & everyone for their comments.
I joined this website a few years ago right before my dad got sick, hoping to have another way to bond with him while he was in the hospital, I knew he'd have his laptop open to The 13th Round while stuck in that place. =] The 13th round diddnt bring me closer to him at the time because he got too sick, but "meeting" you all here after he passed and reading all of this is so touching and always has been. You guys are a great bunch. Boxing did bring my dad & I together when I was a kid. There wasn't anything I loved more than sitting next to him on the couch & watching a good fight. I'm thankful that I had such a great dad, I'm thankful for the fights, & I'm thankful for The 13th Round. Let my dad forever live in our hearts, & boxing forever bring us together.
Thanks guys
Beautifully said sissy. I couldn't agree more!
"Never compromise yourself"........John Hustad
straycat

Post by straycat »

VK and Pook
I am very happy knowing that you both stopped by and enjoyed the section I have been working on, as well as the rest of the members here. When I approached Astor about doing this I figured it wouldn't be any more trouble than just bookmarks, and copping and pasting. How ever bookmarks in the members profile post count do not hold to long and I have to navigate page by page when I return to the last page I was on and with them being locked I can only copy the text of each post and have to type the html quote code for each member individually. Thats why the first few pages the post contain quite a few edits.
The task maybe tiresome at times going from one thread to another but when I see the appreciation of those who have enjoyed reading them it makes itl worth all the effort put into it.
May there be as many new pages to visit next year as there was this day.
Straycat
straycat

Post by straycat »

Well after a long break I am going to try and peck at this again.

Here is John giving Duder a very quaint and to the point response about the definition of a shot fighter.
He puts the finishing touch on the subject like only John can.

This one from June 20th 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Regulardude wrote:Seems to be a big point of contention. So let's all try our best to form a working definition of what it means to be a "shot" fighter.

To me, it means the boxer no longer possesses the physical and/or mental capacity to perform at the peak level he was once capable of performing at. A variety of circumstances can contribute to/cause one to become "shot": old-age, physical deterioration, mental/emotional fragility, poor training regiment, diet, injuries, etc.

The point is, when a boxer is shot, he is well beyond the apex of his abilities in the ring. He's several steps into the downslope of that, and all that remains is a shell of his former self.

Agree? Disagree? Anything to add/tweak/change?
A shot fighter is simply that. Just plain shot.

Some words really don't need a definition. For instance, if it's a sunny day outside then I really don't need to define the word "sunny" in weather terms. The same can be said for "shot" in boxing terms.
Last edited by straycat on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

John had the uncanny ability to see the flip side of the coin in most given situations.
Here he is responding to a comment by Prime about the facial hair on Michael Grant in about against Kevin Burnett.
Date on this one June 20th 2008.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:What's with the beard on Grant. Didn't they all have to be shaved? When did this change?
They're making up for it in Burnett's corner with vaseline all over his head. LOL!
Last edited by straycat on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Re:

Post by straycat »

For those who are following this project a major problem with staying on this constantly has been bookmarking my previous page.
The switch over is holding a bookmark so far, well for 12 hrs at least witch was more than the last server.
Hopefully I will be back to posting up more frequently.
:D
Iluvboxing
TTR Amateur Boxer

Re: No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

Post by Iluvboxing »

:( Tears welled up.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here we have John willing to add his two cents on the second Abe/Miranda fight, dated June 21 2008
ScapposeJohn wrote:
UKHipHop wrote:
BarryBondsMVP wrote: go ahead and go to sleep like your boy Miranda!

i'm going to let that comment slide

Miranda is winning this via a very brutal stoppage, end of story

Somebody will be eating crow tomorrow. That's for sure. LOL
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is a separate matter concerning the same fight, paying for a replay of a PPV.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
David wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:
The Showtime broadcast doesn't start here until 8:30 pacific time unless I want to pay $25. They do this stuff all the time and it really pisses me off. So I'll probably watch the HBO card and then switch over for the Miranda/Abraham fight later.
Scap,

They are asking you to pay for the card that is live but will offer the replay directly after? That's bullshit.
That's it, paying for a non PPV event. They do this all the time. If HBO didn't have fights on then I'd just watch the str3am here.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
BarryBondsMVP wrote: I'm paying $3 for the replay
We're getting hosed, Barry!
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Rasta666 wrote:
David wrote: Seriously, that's bogus if you have to PAY for a Non-PPV event. I don't really understand how they can do that.
Communism
It's bullshit, that's for sure. I pay for their service and then they shake me down for more money. Pretty crazy, if you ask me.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is John Giving another member some golden words of wisdom on the topic of aging, we go to June 22nd for this one.

ScapposeJohn wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:
KSTAT124 wrote:On my 43rd birthday, my daughter, before wishing me a happy birhday, uttered the words, "You're getting old!'

That was over 16 years ago.

Recently, my wife, my daughter and her boyfriend, my son, and I went to breakfast for Father's Day.

During breakfast, my daughter reminded me (she's so thoughtful) that on my next birthday, I'll be turning 60.

At that point, my 17-year-old son, James, chimed in, saying to my daughter, "You know, Lauren, the year I turn 21, you'll turn THIRTY!"

Age was no longer a subject during the breakfast!

That is a horrible story, KSTAT. I'm going to be in my 20's forever!!!!
No you won't. Just wait a while. When you mature more then you'll grasp the meaning of KSTAT's story. We may very well be dead when it happens but this stuff continues to repeat itself. It will happen with you too. You can bank on that.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here John was a little curious about a situation where somebody posted a hypothetical match up pitting Evander Holyfield against Salvador Sanchez.
John initially chimed in with this June 21st 2008
Scapposejohn wrote:I don't get it. If this is about the famous featherweight champ Sanchez who died in a car accident then why match him with Holyfield? Makes no sense to me at all.
Later in the thread he was getting the idea it was a prank
David wrote:
Banks187 wrote:
Scapposejohn wrote:I take it that this is a joke thread on espn? Either that or I still don't get it. No way in hell can you have a catch weight between Holyfield and Sanchez.
It's a joke bro.
Scap,

On ESPN someone had started a thread about Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Mike Tyson (1986-1989) at a catchweight and there were people actually saying that PBF could win a decision against Mike because Mike would never hit them.

This was in tribute to that thread.
When it all came out of the woodwork John closed with.
Scapposejohn wrote:Thanks for setting me straight, guys. Man, that espn board has really went to shit. As Woobase use to say, "FLUSH".
straycat

Post by straycat »

Usually when holidays come around getting plans from fellow members is pretty much the normal ruotine.
We have John laying out his agenda for the 4th of July weekend, while one member chimes in with a favorable reply another brings up age in relation to the plans. John was quick to counter in a wise and knowledgeable response.
We go to July 2nd 2008 for this one.

ScapposeJohn wrote:My agenda is to eat BBQ on Friday at my son's house, fish on Saturday and more BBQ with swimming in the pool on Sunday. Life is good.
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Jilgas wrote:
Woobase wrote:Indeed! Sounds like a DAMN FINE PLAN Mr. Scappoose!!

Man you guys must be old

Just playing, you can't beat a weekend filled with BBQ and fishing.
One thing to remember, Jillgas, is that whatever you have planned........we have already done thrice. WE may be old to you but we also have much more experience at it. HA!

Anyway, enjoy your celebrations.
straycat

Post by straycat »

John had a lot of answers to the most random questions.
Here he is chiming in on a pretty interesting question on property inheritance.
The date is July 1st 2008

Regulardude wrote:
ScapposeJohn wrote:
Regulardude wrote:So if someone who owns a house puts someone else on the deed, and then that person dies....does the person who inherites the house also inherit any personal and/or business debt that the deceased had as well?

The short answer is no. Just because property is owned jointly does not necessarily carry over to being responsible for debts owed outside the property. It can vary from one state to another and it always good to check with an estate attorney on these issues.

BTW, you can't inherit a house/property if you are a co-owner. An interest is already established. However, you can inherit the remaining percentage owned by the other person. Along with that comes a step up in property value along with clearing any leans or debts that may have incurred against said property in order to gain a clear title. So, in other words, you're not going to walk away with a clear deed and not put out any money, even if it is clear of any outstanding moneys owed.

Thanks, Scap.

Return to “TTR HOF”