No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: No One Said It Quite Like Scapp

Post by straycat »

In a Haye thread the former cruiser champ and heavyweight contender was taking quite a bit of heat and John had to put aside his fan perspective and do a bit of moderating.

September 3rd 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:
Haye fans are absolutely ridiculous. Somehow, he should get a pass and not take heat for wanting to fight Rahman? Calzaghe should take heat for Roy Jones also. Fighters who are prime, p4p type guys don't need warmups and tuneups and all that unless they are coming off a loss and even then, they shouldn't be fed a no hoper stiff.
To call Haye fans absolutely ridiculous is going way overboard Rimmy. And who says that Haye should get a pass? Are you stating that other prime fighter's with the exception of Haye never take or need tuneups? What's a hoper stiff? I'm a fan of Haye and find those comments somewhat insulting and I'm certain that others would have issues with it too.

Maybe it would be good to think before you type. Profiling is never a good thing. Anyway, it's something to think about.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Tommy wrote:
He has already called out Klitschko so the tune up line doesn't hold up. I'm with Stray Wlad should fight him, knock his his ass out and send him back to the stolen land he comes from.
Come on Tommy, that just ain't right. Stolen land? It's out of line and if this thread turns toward this kind of stuff then it might very well end up in the pit or being removed.

No offense intended but sometimes this mod job gets a little hard to deal with. You all can help by keeping comments more respectful of each other.

Eventually Rasta piped up in defense of John to which John was grateful.

scappoosejohn wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:Have to applaud John here. Image

The original post by Rim was cool but by the the time I wanted to respond earlier it had already went off. I suspect thats why no Haye fan responded. I respect them for that. If people would just read the thread. If you were a Haye fan and/or a British citizen
you yourself would go ballistic to some of the comments made here. This thread is an empirical trail. Good job John.
Thanks Rasta. I'm still trying to figure out what empirical means, though. LOL!
Personally I never figured out the constant utilization of this word by Rasta either :?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

More on the Haye topic. John was a huge supporter of Haye and put his money where his mouth was without hesitation.
Friday September 5th 2008
RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:They have some trepidation about him facing David Haye!

They can talk all they like about Haye not having a good chin and coming up from cruiser.....but fact is the man is super ambitious, hits with concussive power and is quicker than Billy the Kid on the trigger! That has to concern Klitschko's fans when we all know Wlad for all his positive attributes is certainly a vulnerable fighter.
True stuff Lurkster. Before passing judgment on him, a wait and see approach would be better in the long run but some want to push him off all together. Not only that but I really wonder about those who are so critical as to how many fights they have seen with Haye. It seems like all talk and no substance. And yet, Haye's record has shown that he is much more than that.

Anyway, that's my take on it and I got coin if anyone cares to put some up.

Thats the whole thing right their in a nut shell. People claiming he's looking for someone chinless and that any ring top ten hev wipes the floor with him. Totally baseless at this point. I mean if he chooses Colin Wilson I'll be the first to get on his case. A fight with Wlad would be a barn burner regardless of when it happens.
scappoosejohn wrote: That's why I wonder if all the naysayers have seen him fight. Don't you think it's time to put up or shut up? That someone can show me where Haye messed up? Why does Wlad all of a sudden get looked over in the chin department but Haye gets so much scrutiny?

SOMEBODY SHOW ME SOMETHING OR TAKE MY MONEY!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A topic was circuelating about the most celebrated victory from a favorite fighter.
The following exchange lead to a little poking at the obvious age disparity between John's age and the rest of the board.
September 10th 2008
scappoosejohn wrote:
Woobase wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:Man, there have been a lot of fights that I reveled in over the years startilng with Ali's first win over Liston. But one of many that really sticks out for me is Foreman's KTFO of Moorer to take his world title and get KO of the year from Ring Magazine. The main reasons I mention this fight is because of the age Foreman was when he pulled off the upset and, also, we are in the same age group with Foreman being two years older than myself. Foreman winning the world title at 45 years old was a memorable day for me, for sure.
Was TV even invented then? :twisted:
LOL! Actually, I listened to it on the radio .............. smart ass.
The icing on the cake was this addition.
scappoosejohn wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:Scap I found the picture of you and yours listening to the first fight.

LOL! Funny stuff Primetyme!
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

A member had a question for the board doctor concerning a few problems that resulted from over drinking.
September 10th 2008
RimmyJice wrote:I went on a serious drinking tear this past weekend (aka Thursday night through Monday afternoon), I wasn't able to eat yesterday at all, today I am. However, my tongue is SUPERSENSITIVE, all I'm able to eat or drink is milk/protein shakes, and bannanas. Bread, cereal, meats etc. have all caused me intense pain. Do you have the slightest clue what's going on? Will I ever be able to eat again? This sucks.
John in his constantly pure and genuine demeanor offered up this comment and to which Rimmy was grateful.
RimmyJice wrote:
babak wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:Geezus Rimmy, you don't need Butaloh to figure out that if you go on a 5 day binge then the food just ain't gonna sit well. Just lay off the booze. Otherwise, you might find your health in a situation that can't be reversed. Although I don't know your drinking situation, to show symptoms such as you mentioned and at your age tends to point towards future health problems.

Anyway, something to think about.

lol scap is like the father of the board..good stuff

Definitely sensible advice. I usually only drink once a week or so, I just got caught up a bit in all the fun these past few days.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “TTR HOF”