To the Hustad family

RASTA666

To the Hustad family

Post by RASTA666 »

I loved your dad, father, husband and friend. I will never forget him. I may never be the same after this. I will probably retire from this board after our help is sorted out. Logging on here is a chore because he's not here. John would tell me to stfu, dust myself off and get back on the horse. He was my best friend and I never met him. This will haunt me to my own grave.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Mr.TKO

Post by Mr.TKO »

Feeling you brother.. keep your head up Rasta. We lost Scap losing you aswell would be devastating, this board needs you. Take care
RIP Scap & Rasta
scappoosejames

Re: To the Hustad family

Post by scappoosejames »

RASTA666 wrote:I loved your dad, father, husband and friend. I will never forget him. I may never be the same after this. I will probably retire from this board after our help is sorted out. Logging on here is a chore because he's not here. John would tell me to stfu, dust myself off and get back on the horse. He was my best friend and I never met him. This will haunt me to my own grave.
You are right that is exactly what Dad would have said,however, Dad would have also added "but that's just my opinion you have to do what is right for you." Or which I have heard countless times over my 40 years, "if that's what you wanna do". In his most sarcastic tone.

If you decide to leave here please PM me and I will give you my email to keep in touch. As I mentioned in the message about his memorial service, Dad's friends were right here on the board.
Last edited by scappoosejames on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Rasta:
Scapp stayed in his health challenge fighting the whole time, he would not want you to walk away from here in this manner.
We need his spirit to carry on through us. I am having trouble with this too bro, I really dont have it in me to post up though I am lurking through a few forums here and there. But eventually I will get back in the mix. You know in your heart that John would not want you to leave. I hope you can find it in your self to rescind this desire. We have all lost a dear and special friend, we dont need to lose another.
Last edited by straycat on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
primeholy

Post by primeholy »

I cried. I'm not a very active member here nowadays, but I was early on and in the espn days. He was a good dude, and I never even thought of him leaving us in this way. We should look at this as just how fragile life is.
guysta

Post by guysta »

primeholy wrote:I cried. I'm not a very active member here nowadays, but I was early on and in the espn days. He was a good dude, and I never even thought of him leaving us in this way. We should look at this as just how fragile life is.

Co-sign
bigstave007

Post by bigstave007 »

guysta wrote:
primeholy wrote:I cried. I'm not a very active member here nowadays, but I was early on and in the espn days. He was a good dude, and I never even thought of him leaving us in this way. We should look at this as just how fragile life is.

Co-sign
War Scappy
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

straycat wrote:Rasta:
Scapp stayed in his health challenge fighting the whole time, he would not want you to walk away from here in this manner.
We need his spirit to carry on through us. I am having trouble with this too bro, I really dont have it in me to post up though I am lurking through a few forums here and there. But eventually I will get back in the mix. You know in your heart that John would not want you to leave. I hope you can find it in your self to recant this desire. We have all lost a dear and special friend, we dont need to lose another.
Its not a desire. I'm checking flights to Portland tomorrow. This is different. I'm just not sure I'm into this anymore w/o him. He'd rake me over that. But still its just weird nor having him here. A better friend then those who live next door. Stoic is in his approach to all things. Not about me walking away. Its about choices and the reasons for them. John would pm now and call me an idiot.

Thanks Tko but its all gone to spit for me. Thats not to slag this board. Its great. Just might be time. Let the youngins hang out. Johns death haunts me. Its the reminder of this on a daily basis. This place will flourish regardless. Again this has nothing to do with me and everything to do about him.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

What i can honestly say about Scappy, is he was certainly amongst the most contented and dignified people on this board.

He always seemed a genuinely happy man. He was taken from his family and his friends way, way too early. But i suspect he died a happy and proud man, content with his life and what he'd achieved in it.

He made his mark, and he left as a good man, loved by a lot of people. Thats a target we can and should all strive for.

Rest in peace Scappy, We will all miss you terribly mate.
Warriorking
TTR Contributor

Post by Warriorking »

RASTA666 wrote:
straycat wrote:Rasta:
We need his spirit to carry on through us. I am having trouble with this too bro, I really dont have it in me to post up though I am lurking through a few forums here and there. But eventually I will get back in the mix. You know in your heart that John would not want you to leave. I hope you can find it in your self to recant this desire. We have all lost a dear and special friend, we dont need to lose another.
Its not a desire. I'm checking flights to Portland tomorrow. This is different. I'm just not sure I'm into this anymore w/o him. He'd rake me over that. But still its just weird nor having him here. A better friend then those who live next door. Stoic is in his approach to all things. Not about me walking away. Its about choices and the reasons for them. John would pm now and call me an idiot.

Thanks Tko but its all gone to spit for me. Thats not to slag this board. Its great. Just might be time. Let the youngins hang out. Johns death haunts me. Its the reminder of this on a daily basis. This place will flourish regardless. Again this has nothing to do with me and everything to do about him.

See my PM.
Warriorking
Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

Rasta, you can't leave man. You're a good dude in my book, and if John meant that much to you, you know he'd want you to school us "youngins".
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

You should stay active on the board for precisely the reasons you are considering leaving. You can honor John's memory by thinking of him everyday when you are posting and keeping in mind how he'd react to your posts. In doing so, you'll help the rest of us, and yourself, deal with our loss.
Walstan86

Post by Walstan86 »

Don't bugger off now, old Spaniel. Wait a decent spell, then bugger off.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

I feel for you, Rasta. I was thinking about this last night. For some reason when Scap told us he was sick I really assumed he'd be alright. Maybe because he had such a calm and positive spirit. I remember on the ESPN board he contacted me out of nowhere to tell me he had fight links I might want, and put me on his permanent e-mail list. He was way more thoughtful than me.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

bump
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Long Live The Spirit Of ScapposeJohn
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “TTR HOF”