Thank You for your Thoughts and Prayers

washedupboxer

Post by washedupboxer »

I don't have the words. I'm really at a lost because I dont have the words that can take your families pain away but I hope this will help some: My condolences to you and your family. The earth lost a good man.
How would I know HBO would get a shot of us, sittin so close that we almost got snot on us. Jay-Z(BP3)
EspinozaBoxing

Post by EspinozaBoxing »

I am stunned by this sad news. I truly believed he would be around much longer. But I am glad he knew and was aware on how much we cared about him. We truly lost a good person. Even though most of us never met him personally... he still had an impact on our lives. We will truly miss you scapp! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Sweet Pea D 89

Post by Sweet Pea D 89 »

I don't really know what to say, it all happened so fast. We all lost a great friend and brother on this one. My prayers go out to his family, you all lost a loving husband, father, and friend. This news has made me realize just how precious each day is that we have on this earth. If everyone in the world could be like John, oh what a world it would be!!

God Bless
I think we have to start wondering if Zimmerman was actually a hero, and possibly investigatig whether the rash of burglaries in the area had to do with the arrival of Trayvon. If so, I think posthumous charges of Trayvon are in order. -Rimmy
tmoney1224

Post by tmoney1224 »

Wow all this happened so fast. My deepest condolences to your family and friends. He will be missed greatly around here.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

the board won't be the same without him. extremely sad news to read..................
my condolences to everyone. I'll miss his insight on here....................
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

He wasnt bullshitting. He was a fisherman. He loved that salmon. Fishing and boxing.... he LIVED for that stuff! Thats all I ever heard about! =] What fights were coming on and "as soon as he gets on that boat... "

I dont know what Im going to do now about "fight nights". Could you guys please send me a message when a GOOD fighter is coming on, a fight that you know my dad would watch and be all over. I know friday night fights were usually the hit, on HBO. I dont have HBO, thinking Im going to be getting it in the next day or two. Anything good on tomorrow night?? I know the info is right at my finger tips, my dad did tell me where to look when he accepted me to this site, we talked about how I can know when fights are on. But he didnt get it, I want to know when the fights that he's into will be on. .....Uhg. Guess I got on here just in time or little to late. I think my dad was the one who people went to for the same info. ...So who's the next best thing on here? Who's my new boxing mentor? I just have to get used to things, it's going to take awhile, but need boxing in my life.

:cry:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

vikingprincess wrote:He wasnt bullshitting. He was a fisherman. He loved that salmon. Fishing and boxing.... he LIVED for that stuff! Thats all I ever heard about! =] What fights were coming on and "as soon as he gets on that boat... "

I dont know what Im going to do now about "fight nights". Could you guys please send me a message when a GOOD fighter is coming on, a fight that you know my dad would watch and be all over. I know friday night fights were usually the hit, on HBO. I dont have HBO, thinking Im going to be getting it in the next day or two. Anything good on tomorrow night?? I know the info is right at my finger tips, my dad did tell me where to look when he accepted me to this site, we talked about how I can know when fights are on. But he didnt get it, I want to know when the fights that he's into will be on. .....Uhg. Guess I got on here just in time or little to late. I think my dad was the one who people went to for the same info. ...So who's the next best thing on here? Who's my new boxing mentor? I just have to get used to things, it's going to take awhile, but need boxing in my life.

There are a ton of knowledgeable members here about boxing. A few of the regulars, depending upon what you want to know, are Rasta, KSTAT, Astor (the13r), and many many others. There are ways to find out who is fighting when and HOW to watch these fights most importantly. I will send you a private message.
scappoosejames

Post by scappoosejames »

vikingprincess wrote:Image
He wasnt bullshitting. He was a fisherman. He loved that salmon. Fishing and boxing.... he LIVED for that stuff! Thats all I ever heard about! =] What fights were coming on and "as soon as he gets on that boat... "

Great pics sis. I hope we can find more soon and put them up as well.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Heres another classic.

RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

very very very hard thread to read and watch
scappoosejames

Post by scappoosejames »

RASTA666 wrote:Heres another classic.

He would always make us leave our Sturgeon tied up in the river at the dock for a few days after catching them. He said it made em taste better??? WTF is what Ron and I always thought.[/i]
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

the13r wrote:very very very hard thread to read and watch

Is it ever.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

scappoosejames wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:Heres another classic.

He would always make us leave our Sturgeon tied up in the river at the dock for a few days after catching them. He said it made em taste better??? WTF is what Ron and I always thought.[/i]

I wager he was right.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I'm waaaaayyyyy late into this thread and I have been thinking about what to post here - there just really aren't any words.

I will echo many others who said that this thread was not what they were expecting when they opened it to post.

I can't really voice correctly my condolences for the family, nor can I do justice to this remarkable thread honoring a man that many of us have never met, and yet felt a connection to in some way as if we lived right next door. I can only say that among very many honorable, principled, and steadfast people that I have seen post here and have 'met' here, Scap was one of the finest. I wish peace and love to his family - and I am humbled greatly by the fact that his family chose to share their love, grief and memories with the board.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Im sorry for yalls loss.Those pictures put a tear in my eye.I showed up to this sight a bit late but still in enough time to talk with John a bit.He seemed like a great fella.Im sorry I dident get know him more.
westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

Like many others I was shocked and very dismayed to read the sad news. I echo the sentiments of the entire board in wishing John's family the very best in this trying time.

RIP, John, and God bless!
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
ghost

Post by ghost »

My deepest condolences to his family and his friends, my prayers are with them.
dusouljah

Post by dusouljah »

RIP John, i wish your family the absolute best in dealing with these hard times.. wathc over them, and make sure everyone remains strong
LORD

Post by LORD »

Duder hit me up the day before yesterday w/ the news. Like I told him, I think I was in some kind of denial and just assumed Scapp was on the mend and everything would be as it was. Especially once we heard he was home...I just assumed everything was going to be okay. Man....there aren't words to express the shock and dissappointment.

Scapp and I weren't close but we've been memebers of this community for some time now and it just feels strange to think that we'll all have to trudge forward w/ out one of our own marching w/ us.

R.I.P. good sir.
Let me know

Post by Bertel1 »

It doesnt make me feel good to hear the news. Im sorry for the loss. RIP Scapp.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
Southpaw_uppercut

Post by Southpaw_uppercut »

Im really at a lost of words, it looked like John was going to win this battle. He went out on his shield like any other warrior would albeit. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Mrs.Scappose.
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

ahhhh mate, just visited this site for the 1st time in ages, Im gutted to be reading this :cry:

RIP Scap .... top geezer :cry:
dreadlock214

Post by dreadlock214 »

R.I.P Scap, i haven't been in here in while and i am really saddened to hear the news. He was always a gentleman.
I've wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in allies and dined on pork and beans."
chuck9788

Post by chuck9788 »

I'd like to offer my condolences. Scapp was loved and appreciated by so many here including myself. R.I.P.
spider_rico

Post by spider_rico »

Although I never met Scapp and haven't posted here regularly in a few years, my heart just jumped up my throat upon reading this.

Scapp, gone but never forgotten.

Return to “TTR HOF”