Thank You for your Thoughts and Prayers

scappoosejames

Re: Thank You for your Thoughts and Prayers

Post by scappoosejames »

Mrs Scappoose wrote:Dear Members of the Board,

It is with great sadness that we must inform you that Scappoosejohn has fought his last fight. Although he lost this fight he went out a champion. He received his 10 count at about 8:07pm Monday evening surrounded by family and friends. In his corner were his Five children (Ron aka Mossyoak, Dustin aka Wheelman, Enga aka Vikingprincess, James aka Scappoosejames and Deborah aka Pook), Eight grandchildren, his close friend fasteddie, his wife, as well as myself.
After arrangements have been made I will post memorial information. Thank you all again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Mrs. Scappoose
When I was typing this for my mom I made a mistake. The correct day that Dad passed was Monday evening December 7th, 2009.
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

Scapp was a great man, just a classy guy. god bless him.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Like many on here, i have known john through the internet for years and enjoyed the banter i had with him online as well as through emails... i always appreciated him sending fights through emails back in the day and he was always one thing of others... When I had my own stupid issues with the board, he was the one that brokered the peace and went out of his way to do so.... Actually, when i first heard of his illness, i was truly devastated and couldnt even post on the thread... I sent an email his way to offer a private word of encouragement that I don't know he got, but I am sure you passed the good words from the board to him...

RIP john, you will be dearly missed
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

straycat wrote:I know that some times I made his job here less enjoyable though I believe the good things we shared far out weighed the bad. He kept me in the loop when I couldn't afford to watch fights on HBO and Showtime by sending me fights the following week they happened. Sometimes he would look for fights at my request that he wasn't circulating and would whoopty doo them and send them my way also. It made coming out of the wood work and getting back to posting at ESPN though everybody was gone except a has been 70's acid rock freak incognito who directed me here. I know at time folks we tend to let our testosterone get the best of us and that was the great thing about Scapp, he would come in and sort things out and wouldn't take sides on the matter or issues after the fact and still would give you a fair shake when the next time rolled around. He will be leaving quite a void folks. It would take a 10yard dump truck full of sand to fill his shoes. But we can do our part in the meantime, I am only human fellas but I will from this day do my best to honor his memory by not letting things get to me here and take the road of a higher standard and integrity like that of what John has left. I will simply move on from conflict rather than feed it.
Thanks John for being a special part of this place and a friend to me.
Tim

Beautifully stated Stray. The whole thing. As far as the bold part goes me 2. Never again regardless of who starts or says what. I was just telling Woo that this has forever changed me. Virtual world or not its a real kick in the nuts, punch to the head kind of thing.
I'm going to in his honour try to re-establish some lost friendships even if it means just making amends. Life is just to short as this tragedy graphically illustrates. If I am ever tempted to go into a tirade about something this wonderful man, friend and human being will stop me from doing it. From this day forward every time I log I on, the first thing I will think of is him. To that their is no doubt.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences. I am conforted to know he was surronded by loved ones.
Krystal

Post by Krystal »

OMG!! Boz emailed me and I thought he was just pulling my leg.
My deepest, sincere condolences goes to his family.
He and I didn't see eye to eye in the beginning but, thank God, we ended up patching things up.
I received my first gag/suspension (http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/vie ... c&start=0) 2 days in by ScappooseJohn.
I look at the thread and say, "wow, he and I really got into it and I had barely been on the board!"
It was fun and I can say, through all of it, he left me with a memory that I really liked!

It is still unbelievable.

RIP ScapposeJohn, Thanks for the memories!

Krys :cry:
:lol:
Guys like Erison love the anal. It's the only time he can really be himself. I know should know. I pegged him one night with a french tickler. He was like, "Oooh Krystal. Can you go deeper? I want to feel it in my stomach. yes, like that. Oh god that feels so good! Lumpy never did it like that"
I watched him lick my strap-on CLEAN! He licked it like a Popsicle. It turned me on to where I had him do me the same. Lumpy watched in awe.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I might not of not been close to John like a few others were on here, but there will be no more pain. God Bless him and his family, it was a great contributor to this wonderful site, life is short, and could end at anytime. Let's remember the great things he's done on here, and cherish the great memories.

he might of lost the battle, but he will never lose the war. God Bless.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

I'm almost at a loss for words. We here in the Hype family were sure pulling hard for him. But, alas, he is in a better place. I honestly don't know what to say other than the standard I am sorry for your loss. He will be truly missed. He was some(most)times the sole voice of reason when some of us went at it. I will continue to pray for you and yours, Mrs Scappoose.

I couldn't tell you who ScapJohn's favorite fighter was because he was easily the most impartial person on this board. He was always the even-keeled father-figure that would forever be above the fray.

ScappooseJohn, sir, it has been an honor to have been acquainted with you - even it was only through the internet. Rest in peace, friend, you have surely earned.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
Erison

Post by Erison »

Jesus. I'm totally late on all of this. Last I knew he was out of the hospital and feeling better... Such a shame, RIP. John was such an important fixture in my boxing message board life since ESPN. I'm at a loss for words.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
guysta

Post by guysta »

Wow. As many have stated before, I didn't expect to see this when I opened this thread. I'm so shocked by this news that it is hard to explain the sorrow I feel for your family Mrs. Scapp. He was by far the most tolerable, level headed and impartial person I have ever come in contact on this site or any other for that matter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You will be missed Scappy......

RIP
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

Thanks for all of the love guys! When I get a good solid few minutes to sit down here and gather my thoughts I will be here with a note as well. Until then, thank you, and here are a couple pics of that great man, my dad... there arent the words to describe him.

p.s. Fast Eddie has been here at the house and has been sharing this great site with us, and telling us about my dads awesome friends here. He's gave me a few pointers and has shown me around a bit here in "the Index". Thanks Eddie!

Last edited by vikingprincess on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Thanks for all of the love guys! When I get a good solid few minutes to sit down here and gather my thoughts I will be here with

a note as well. Until then, thank you, and here are a couple pics of that great man, my dad... there arent the words to describe

him.

p.s. Fast Eddie has been here at the house and has been sharing this great site with us, and telling us about my dads awesome

friends here. He's gave me a few pointers and shown me around a bit here in "the Index". Thanks Eddie!

[/img]

Just looking at that picture is brutal. Again I am so sorry for your loss
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

I'm so sorry for your lost. Scrap was a true gentleman. I want to let you know he was truly respected on this board and will be missed. RIP
PoundForPound

Post by PoundForPound »

WOW is all i can say, i just got off of work and saw this . I am deeply
saddened to hear this, prayers sent.
'' Boxing wise you are something I pick up at a drive through and devourer quite rapidly. "

RASTA666 about Shadowboxing89
ukhiphop

Post by ukhiphop »

I'm really sorry for your loss

Scapp will be badly missed around here

my thoughts & prayers are with you & the whole family

RIP Scapp
R.I.P Scapp

Am I charismatic enough?
Does my charm reach people that can make a change?
If I shoot with straight aim at the positive target,
and sooth them to make a deposit into my account?
Would that be progress???
I doubt...

Nas - Something Foul
BigPhank211

God Bless the Scapp Family.

Post by BigPhank211 »

Dear Scap Family,
John will be missed but more important than that he will be remembered fondly. It is a testament to his life that he left behind him such an awesome family, well regarded friends, and this site. He's mad a mark on this plane while he was here and we are all better off because of it.
God bless you.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
b0x1ng
TTR Contributor

Post by b0x1ng »

As I read the posts from Mrs Scappoose, scappoosejames, vikingprincess with great sadness, it is clear that John continues to live through his family. We knew he was a great man. Now we know first hand what a great family he has. Please accept my family's deepest condolences and respect during this time of hardship.
vladtail

Post by vladtail »

I am so sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

My condolences. My thoughts and prayers to the Scapp family.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
OLDMONGOOSE

Post by OLDMONGOOSE »

Oh wow I was expecting another update on his recovery. I am so sorry for your loss. I believe it was Scap whose close friend had passed on within the last year or so. He made a post about how when one of his children were born he and his friend sat on the porch and smoked cigars and listened to the peacefulness of the early morning. He painted a very peaceful picture of a great moment in life he shared with a close friend. My deepest condolences. Much Love from your TTR family.
R.I.P. Scap
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Wow... I don't know what to say. I'm sure everyone truly thought of scap as a friend, he was the heart of this board, just shocked... So sorry to hear this. Speechless. RIP
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Idris-Salaam

Post by Idris-Salaam »

My condolences also.

I bugged out last night when I saw this on my facebook page. I was just so tied up I couldn't respond. Man, mad shocked. Dude was pretty cool with me.

RIP Scap
WeBL Extreme: August 2001- April 2007 - WeBL's landmark Private Region
<i>"A Nigga Moment is described as a violent altercation caused by ignorance overwhelming the logic of an otherwise rational negro man."</i> Huey Freeman
Get your LeBron James Queen-Sized Hot Tub! Take all of the baths you want and never have to worry about rings!
jsant09

Post by jsant09 »

I wish you and the whole family the best Mrs. Scapp, thanks for informing us. I will keep you all in my prayers.
babak

Post by babak »

I just saw this now and must say my sincerest condolences, heaven is a better place with him being there now. I didnt know the man well, but from my interaction with him, best word i can use to describe him is class.
RIP Scapp

Babak
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
washedupboxer

Post by washedupboxer »

I don't have the words. I'm really at a lost because I dont have the words that can take your families pain away but I hope this will help some: My condolences to you and your family. The earth lost a good man.
How would I know HBO would get a shot of us, sittin so close that we almost got snot on us. Jay-Z(BP3)

Return to “TTR HOF”