Thank You for your Thoughts and Prayers

treywayln

Post by treywayln »

I know this is way late, but RIP Scap.

I didn't have near the same closeness as others on here, but I couldn't believe it. I was in the same boat as "Lord", I figured he was well on his way to recovery. I was in shock, but I've finally accepted it. He will be missed by many. Even though I didn't talk to him very much, when we would it was always us joking around. He was a very kind man.

The Hustad family has my full condolences. I feel blessed having just read his words, I'm sure being in his presence was an even greater joy. He was a great teacher, even in dying he never seemed to change his warm personality, nor his fight.

I've been praying for all of you since I first heard of his illness, and that won't stop now.

Rest In Peace John, and God Bless all of you.

Sheesh, I miss you Scap.
"I am the flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
small_draws

Post by small_draws »

I know this is late also, but when I read this it put tears in my eyes. I didn't have a personal realationship with Scrap but I read his words everyday for years, R.I.P and hope you the best in the afterlife.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Enjoy the New Year Hustad family. Remember him as I am sure you will. Stick together. Love and respect each other. All the best.

Kev

Scapp, Eddie and my two brothers call me that. Bless you.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

Happy New Year to you too!
Its a new year with out our dad, but we have so many great memories.
Thought you guys would like these pics I found today.
Told you he wasnt bull shitting!... =) Hope they come out ok and not too big.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

treywayln wrote:I know this is way late, but RIP Scap.

I didn't have near the same closeness as others on here, but I couldn't believe it. I was in the same boat as "Lord", I figured he was well on his way to recovery. I was in shock, but I've finally accepted it. He will be missed by many. Even though I didn't talk to him very much, when we would it was always us joking around. He was a very kind man.

The Hustad family has my full condolences. I feel blessed having just read his words, I'm sure being in his presence was an even greater joy. He was a great teacher, even in dying he never seemed to change his warm personality, nor his fight.

I've been praying for all of you since I first heard of his illness, and that won't stop now.

Rest In Peace John, and God Bless all of you.

Sheesh, I miss you Scap.
You guys have left the greatest posts! I cant comment on all of them though I want to, theres just too many.

This brings me to tears. Its crazy how some of you guys didnt know him face to face but you all nail his personality to a T. When you say "even in dying he never seemed to change his warm personality, nor his fight"... You got it! He fought, even in his last days, but cancer like that cant be fought, but he sure didnt let it take his spirit.

Sheesh. I love that quote. Dads famous words. I miss you too Scapp.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Awesome pics Princess, did you like fish growing up or is the myth that all little girls hate fish bear any truth?
Happy New Year.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

straycat wrote:Awesome pics Princess, did you like fish growing up or is the myth that all little girls hate fish bear any truth?
Happy New Year.
Funny. Being the Norwegian vikings that we are, and that my dad always/constantly reminded us of...
I have always LOVED fish but I hate shellfish. Dad always sent me home with sealed packs of sturgeon and salmon, my all time fav's. He even gave me cooking tips! I get harrassed from time to time though not liking all seafood, but love that fish.
straycat

Post by straycat »

vikingprincess wrote:
straycat wrote:Awesome pics Princess, did you like fish growing up or is the myth that all little girls hate fish bear any truth? Happy New Year.
Funny. Being the Norwegian vikings that we are, and that my dad always/constantly reminded us of... I have always LOVED fish but I hate shellfish. Dad always sent me home with sealed packs of sturgeon and salmon, my all time fav's. He even gave me cooking tips! I get harrassed from time to time though not liking all seafood, but love that fish.
Sturgeon is the best but some folks get turned off by the fact that they are mostly bottom feeders that eat most anything. You dont like deep fried prawns? Love me some shrimp, like crab but man I dont have the patience to crack so many legs to get so little meat. Lobster is awesome also.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

Dad whispered in my ear, "just show them all to em Enga"

Here is Dad and his ripped boxing muscles & I when I was a baby, and dad with a sturgeon, his favorite fish to catch because they would put up such a fight.

straycat

Post by straycat »

vikingprincess wrote:Dad whispered in my ear, "just show them all to em Enga" Here is Dad and his ripped boxing muscles & I when I was a baby, and dad with a sturgeon, his favorite fish to catch because they would put up such a fight. Image Image
Thanks for sharing, man John looked like he could realy clean some house in the first pic. And I ain talking about feather dusting and vacuuming.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh Straycat! You're alright.
The funny thing is, dont tell him I told you this, but he got that broken up nose because he taught his sisters and his wife boxing all too well!!!!!!! ha ha (Just had to let that one out)
But yeah, Ive never seen chest muscles like that!! =) My dad would and still would kick some ass! Thing is, he taught me more to use my mind than my body. Good to be in shape though.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

straycat wrote:
vikingprincess wrote:
straycat wrote:Awesome pics Princess, did you like fish growing up or is the myth that all little girls hate fish bear any truth? Happy New Year.
Funny. Being the Norwegian vikings that we are, and that my dad always/constantly reminded us of... I have always LOVED fish but I hate shellfish. Dad always sent me home with sealed packs of sturgeon and salmon, my all time fav's. He even gave me cooking tips! I get harrassed from time to time though not liking all seafood, but love that fish.
Sturgeon is the best but some folks get turned off by the fact that they are mostly bottom feeders that eat most anything. You dont like deep fried prawns? Love me some shrimp, like crab but man I dont have the patience to crack so many legs to get so little meat. Lobster is awesome also.
SHELLFISH ARE BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! EWE! Shrimp, crab, and lobster eat up that fish shit! I like fish. They eat off the fresh yummy shit that falls and floats in the water. Cant stand that bottom-dwelling-fish-shit-sea-shell-taste! ha ha Sturgeon is a little tough and hard to cook right. Dad liked it fillet and cut up in strips to bake in fish sticks with some yummy batter, seemed to work best. Its a hard fish to eat right but delicious if its just right! Its just a hard fish to cook right. But I like it any ways, Im not picky, I'll eat it! Good stuff Dad!!!

Though Dad loved to set up traps for crawfish in the rivers when we were kids too. He loved that shit and talked about picking up the traps when he was sick.

Good stuff.
straycat

Post by straycat »

vikingprincess wrote:LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh Straycat! You're alright. The funny thing is, dont tell him I told you this, but he got that broken up nose because he taught his sisters and his wife boxing all too well!!!!!!! ha ha (Just had to let that one out) But yeah, Ive never seen chest muscles like that!! =) My dad would and still would kick some ass! Thing is, he taught me more to use my mind than my body. Good to be in shape though.
Your Dad was allways sugesting for me to be the better man when I would find my self rioght in the middle of a piss fit with somebody and just walk away and ignore the other poster. Wish I could of taken his advice much sooner rather than later. I dont think we will ever find a replacement who was so suited for this job as your Dad was.
Dont mean to take this conversation in this direction either.
Thanks again for sharing the stories.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

He loved his granddad.Image
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

RASTA666 wrote:He loved his granddad.Image
Wow. Talk about not seeing that picture coming! Thanks for the picture. That is the pit of my dads soul. Our heritage. Thats the pic. Whoa tears!...
Good one.
Last edited by vikingprincess on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

vikingprincess wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:He loved his granddad.Image
Wow. Talk about not seeing that picture coming! Thanks for the picture that is pit of my dads soul. Thats the pic. Whoa tears!...
Good one.

Your dad and I talked about the influence of our grandfathers many times.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

wish my son and my sisters sons could say the same. guess thats what we're here for.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

vikingprincess wrote:wish my son and my sisters sons could say the same. guess thats what we're here for.
He held them all and in turn they will hold him. Great sig btw. Your dad loved those who came to fight.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

RASTA666 wrote:
vikingprincess wrote:wish my kids and my sisters & brothers kids could say the same. guess thats what we're here for.
He held them all and in turn they will hold him. Great sig btw. Your dad loved those who came to fight.
You're right. My son is two and still yells "Grandpa!" when he see's his picture. I promised Dad that I would never let the grandkids forget him. They WILL hold him.

You guys are so nice.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

straycat wrote:
vikingprincess wrote:LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh Straycat! You're alright. The funny thing is, dont tell him I told you this, but he got that broken up nose because he taught his sisters and his wife boxing all too well!!!!!!! ha ha (Just had to let that one out) But yeah, Ive never seen chest muscles like that!! =) My dad would and still would kick some ass! Thing is, he taught me more to use my mind than my body. Good to be in shape though.
Your Dad was allways sugesting for me to be the better man when I would find my self right in the middle of a piss fit with somebody and just walk away and ignore the other poster. Wish I could of taken his advice much sooner rather than later. I dont think we will ever find a replacement who was so suited for this job as your Dad was.

Thats classic Hustad. No, take this in any direction! Brush off the idiots who arent worth your guts and glory! And if it need be a fist fight, then it better be worth it. Any fight better be worth it, or you wont even get a reaction over here! =) It takes a lot to get the best of a Hustad. And damn it, if you are worth it, which we all are, dont give some no-it-all the satisfaction. "Never compromise yourself." Dad ALWAYS said. Stand up for yourself, but only when it is really is worth your time. Like most of us in this family, we determine who is worth the beating and who is the idiot left behind.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

vikingprincess wrote:
straycat wrote:
Your Dad was allways sugesting for me to be the better man when I would find my self right in the middle of a piss fit with somebody and just walk away and ignore the other poster. Wish I could of taken his advice much sooner rather than later. I dont think we will ever find a replacement who was so suited for this job as your Dad was.

Thats classic Hustad. No, take this in any direction! Brush off the idiots who arent worth your guts and glory! And if it need be a fist fight, then it better be worth it. Any fight better be worth it, or you wont even get a reaction over here! =) It takes a lot to get the best of a Hustad. And damn it, if you are worth it, which we all are, dont give some no-it-all the satisfaction. "Never compromise yourself." Dad ALWAYS said. Stand up for yourself, but only when it is really is worth your time. Like most of us in this family, we determine who is worth the beating and who is the idiot left behind.

Your dad to a T. He had the same approach in this virtual world.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

this is truely upsetting. i had absolutely no idea whatso ever.
wow! R.I.P. Big John.
:cry:
"like rappers with cotton-mouth, I'm hard to swallow, but I'm nice with Mikes (mics) like Cus Damato!"-Method Man
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Hey everyone at TTR. The robe that we got for John's family came in on Saturday and some of the pics are below of the front and back. I am planning on sending this this week with something else I am trying to put together.

I have a quick favor to ask. Anybody that want to send a quick personalized note to John's family, please PM it to me and I am going to send it over as a compilation of notes with the robe. Thanks bros!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

AWESOME!!!! Well done Daniel!
Chef
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

Danielk015 wrote:Hey everyone at TTR. The robe that we got for John's family came in on Saturday and some of the pics are below of the front and back. I am planning on sending this this week with something else I am trying to put together.

I have a quick favor to ask. Anybody that want to send a quick personalized note to John's family, please PM it to me and I am going to send it over as a compilation of notes with the robe. Thanks bros!

WOW!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That is SO NICE and SO AWESOME of you guys!! I havent seen it yet but cant wait. It will look so good in his office with all of his boxing decorations, posters, huge collection of burned dvds of greatest fights and other boxing goodies, where he sat @ the computer with you guys and spent so much time going back and forth to the living room to watch the fights and pace back to the office to chat. I can see him there now anticipating tonights fight. Thanks again, it is such a wonderful addition to the things we love that will remind us of his life.

I havent been on here in months! Had to take a step back and breathe for a bit.

Missed you guys and am ready for some fights!!!!

Mayweather!!! :D

Return to “TTR HOF”