Thank you, from scappoosejohns daughter.

vikingprincess

Thank you, from scappoosejohns daughter.

Post by vikingprincess »

Just want to introduce myself and say thank you.

Im scappoosejohns daughter and cant help but become a member of this pretty cool site. So thank you for having me.

I grew up watching the fights with my Dad and have been taught how to throw a punch or two. Ive loved every minute of it. Boxing has brought us together at times and I've grown quite fond of the sport. I dont know too much about it but like it a lot.
When my dad was in the hospital, my brother had gotten him a little laptop. I knew that in time he would be on this site. On one visit I saw him get on here and put in his vote for the Pacquaio fight. There wasnt much I could do to communicate with my dad when he was in the hospital and I was at home, so when I got home that day I looked up this site and started reading. I saw the posts my brother and dad had made about his conditions and everybody's replies. I was so touched by how many friends my dad has here and how caring, hopeful, positive, and supportive everyone is. I want to say thank you so much and you all are a great bunch. I know my dad really likes this site a lot, and all of you.

Im here to get more info and updates etc on this great sport, be amused and entertained by polls, topics, and discussions, and be even a bit more closer to my dad... since I live in another state.

Thanks again. ...And of course for our Thanksgiving evening event we all gathered around the tv and watched the Pacquaio-Cotto fight. It was great being able to watch yet another great fight with my dad and the family. So glad he's home!!
3Mosquitoes
TTR Superfights Challenge #4 Co-Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #4 Co-Champion

Post by 3Mosquitoes »

Welcome aboard. Great opening post. I look forward to talking about the fights with you. 8)

As you can tell your Dad means a great deal to this site and all the posters here. We were very happy to hear the news that he is home from the hospital. And it is good to have members from his family join up. Good stuff. :D
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

Welcome to the site and hope you and your brother enjoy posting. Your Dad is a good man.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Welcome Vikingprinces:
You dad is a proud family man and with gestures like this from you and your brother it stands to reason why.
Dont know if your brother was spared Max's initiation questionnaire but I raise a motion to accept you as is.
Thats My take On It Anyway!
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Your father isn't so much a member of the community here as he is a pillar of it. He's a really, really great guy.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

Thats awesome, we could definately use some more females on this thing too
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

Welcome aboard.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
RASTA666

Re: Thank you, from scappoosejohns daughter.

Post by RASTA666 »

vikingprincess wrote:Just want to introduce myself and say thank you.

Im scappoosejohns daughter and cant help but become a member of this pretty cool site. So thank you for having me.

I grew up watching the fights with my Dad and have been taught how to throw a punch or two. Ive loved every minute of it. Boxing has brought us together at times and I've grown quite fond of the sport. I dont know too much about it but like it a lot.
When my dad was in the hospital, my brother had gotten him a little laptop. I knew that in time he would be on this site. On one visit I saw him get on here and put in his vote for the Pacquaio fight. There wasnt much I could do to communicate with my dad when he was in the hospital and I was at home, so when I got home that day I looked up this site and started reading. I saw the posts my brother and dad had made about his conditions and everybody's replies. I was so touched by how many friends my dad has here and how caring, hopeful, positive, and supportive everyone is. I want to say thank you so much and you all are a great bunch. I know my dad really likes this site a lot, and all of you.

Im here to get more info and updates etc on this great sport, be amused and entertained by polls, topics, and discussions, and be even a bit more closer to my dad... since I live in another state.

Thanks again. ...And of course for our Thanksgiving evening event we all gathered around the tv and watched the Pacquaio-Cotto fight. It was great being able to watch yet another great fight with my dad and the family. So glad he's home!!

Very nice. Very classy. Like father, like daughter. Your dad is an awesome fellow. Missed greatly of late. Was glad to see him get home. Things can get a little testy here at times. This quaint family we have here has been together for quite some time. Theirs no shortage of testosterone :lol: I remember the photo's John posted of your marriage. He was so proud. All the best and welcome aboard.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

Welcome to TTR! Glad to have you here. Say hello to your Dad for me.

Again, welcome aboard.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you may find some interesting things on here for you to peruse. :)
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

welcome
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

Welcome aboard.

I'm one of the newer members myself, and your dad had to warn me once about my language as I was on the verge of getting into it with another member, but thanks to him I quickly understood this was a far more mature site to converse about the greatest sport of all, and other things.

We all hope your dad is well on his way to a full recovery and has all of our support here. Your dad & your family have been in my prayers.

May God bless you guys.
Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

Sidenote: LMFAO @ RimmyJice's signature...namely the Roger Mayweather pic. & quote.
Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

P.S. Who was everyone in your family going for in Pacquiao Vs. Cotto?
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Uppercut wrote:P.S. Who was everyone in your family going for in Pacquiao Vs. Cotto?
Uh, they watched it on Thanksgiving Night Homie, I think rooting for one guy over the other would of been a moot point. :D
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

Welcome VP! Your post was beautiful. You and your brother are a testament to the quality person that your father is. God Bless.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Welcome vikingprincess! That was a legendary first post, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... 8)

All the best
Chef
Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

straycat wrote:
Uppercut wrote:P.S. Who was everyone in your family going for in Pacquiao Vs. Cotto?
Uh, they watched it on Thanksgiving Night Homie, I think rooting for one guy over the other would of been a moot point. :D
Lol, come on, Stray, I know that! I meant PRIOR to the fight's outcome who was going for whom? :)
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Glad to have you aboard. Any member of the Scappy family is always welcome...Tell ya dad to hurry up and get well, we miss him around here!
Warriorking
TTR Contributor

Post by Warriorking »

Great post VP! As you can see,there is alot of love here for your Dad. Many of us have been friends with John for about seven years now and he has always shown how much of great person,Dad and Grandad,he is. He always posted the births of his grandchildren,no one could be prouder. I'm trying to catch up with his number of grandkids,but he has a slight head start. lol
We hope to see him posting on here more regularly,as that would indicate he is feeling better. I'm sure I can speak for many here and thank you and your brother for the updates and welcome aboard.
Warriorking
icefold

Post by icefold »

Thank you for having a great dad
Last edited by icefold on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

I knew my dad had voted for Pacquiao, but he always keeps quiet trying not to give away who the winner is. I usually like to go for who my dad votes for. My brother in law kept telling us how great of a fighter Pacquiao is and how he has all theses belts and has moved his way up the weight class ladder. Since Pacquiao walked out with so many smiles and such confidence, that topped off winning my vote, and I think everyone else's in the room too. So I was leaning towards the guy who sounded so great and after seeing the first round wanted to see him cream Cotto even more. Everyone in the family just wanted to see a good fight. Too bad it ended so one sided though, but who could keep up with that guy!!
Uppercut

Post by Uppercut »

vikingprincess wrote:

I knew my dad had voted for Pacquiao, but he always keeps quiet trying not to give away who the winner is. I usually like to go for who my dad votes for. My brother in law kept telling us how great of a fighter Pacquiao is and how he has all theses belts and has moved his way up the weight class ladder. Since Pacquiao walked out with so many smiles and such confidence, that topped off winning my vote, and I think everyone else's in the room too. So I was leaning towards the guy who sounded so great and after seeing the first round wanted to see him cream Cotto even more. Everyone in the family just wanted to see a good fight. Too bad it ended so one sided though, but who could keep up with that guy!!
It was like brutal poetry in motion lol.
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

how old are you, VK???
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/graham/1207163.html
scappoosejames

Post by scappoosejames »

To let you all know Our dad had to be admitted to the hospital again today. So again Dad begins another round of this fight. Thanks to all for your continued thought and prayers.

Return to “TTR HOF”