Thank you, from scappoosejohns daughter.

scappoosejames

Re: Thank you, from scappoosejohns daughter.

Post by scappoosejames »

vikingprincess wrote:Just want to introduce myself and say thank you.

Im scappoosejohns daughter and cant help but become a member of this pretty cool site. So thank you for having me.

I grew up watching the fights with my Dad and have been taught how to throw a punch or two. Ive loved every minute of it. Boxing has brought us together at times and I've grown quite fond of the sport. I dont know too much about it but like it a lot.
When my dad was in the hospital, my brother had gotten him a little laptop. I knew that in time he would be on this site. On one visit I saw him get on here and put in his vote for the Pacquaio fight. There wasnt much I could do to communicate with my dad when he was in the hospital and I was at home, so when I got home that day I looked up this site and started reading. I saw the posts my brother and dad had made about his conditions and everybody's replies. I was so touched by how many friends my dad has here and how caring, hopeful, positive, and supportive everyone is. I want to say thank you so much and you all are a great bunch. I know my dad really likes this site a lot, and all of you.

Im here to get more info and updates etc on this great sport, be amused and entertained by polls, topics, and discussions, and be even a bit more closer to my dad... since I live in another state.

To let you all know Our dad had to be admitted to the hospital again today. So again Dad begins another round of this fight. Thanks to all for your continued thought and prayers.

Thanks again. ...And of course for our Thanksgiving evening event we all gathered around the tv and watched the Pacquaio-Cotto fight. It was great being able to watch yet another great fight with my dad and the family. So glad he's home!!
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

scappoosejames wrote:
To let you all know Our dad had to be admitted to the hospital again today. So again Dad begins another round of this fight. Thanks to all for your continued thought and prayers.
Thanks James.
Your family was blessed that he made it home for Thanksgiving bud, take each miracle as they come.
I'll keep John and his wondefull family in my thoughts and prayers.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

straycat wrote:
scappoosejames wrote:
Thanks James.
Your family was blessed that he made it home for Thanksgiving bud, take each miracle as they come.
I'll keep John and his wondefull family in my thoughts and prayers.
As will I,I hope the best for John and his family.He's a really good fella.I sure hope yall can make the best of the holidays for all of yall.
vikingprincess

Post by vikingprincess »

XKawN wrote:how old are you, VK???

Walstan86

Post by Walstan86 »

Thanks for sharing with us the warmth of your Thanksgiving holiday with old Scapp, who remains--as do you and your family--in our prayers. Your description of you guys gathered around the TV watching the fight allowed us to be there in the room with you for a moment. Thank you.
LORD

Post by LORD »

vikingprincess wrote:Just want to introduce myself and say thank you.

Im scappoosejohns daughter and cant help but become a member of this pretty cool site. So thank you for having me.

I grew up watching the fights with my Dad and have been taught how to throw a punch or two. Ive loved every minute of it. Boxing has brought us together at times and I've grown quite fond of the sport. I dont know too much about it but like it a lot.
When my dad was in the hospital, my brother had gotten him a little laptop. I knew that in time he would be on this site. On one visit I saw him get on here and put in his vote for the Pacquaio fight. There wasnt much I could do to communicate with my dad when he was in the hospital and I was at home, so when I got home that day I looked up this site and started reading. I saw the posts my brother and dad had made about his conditions and everybody's replies. I was so touched by how many friends my dad has here and how caring, hopeful, positive, and supportive everyone is. I want to say thank you so much and you all are a great bunch. I know my dad really likes this site a lot, and all of you.

Im here to get more info and updates etc on this great sport, be amused and entertained by polls, topics, and discussions, and be even a bit more closer to my dad... since I live in another state.

Thanks again. ...And of course for our Thanksgiving evening event we all gathered around the tv and watched the Pacquaio-Cotto fight. It was great being able to watch yet another great fight with my dad and the family. So glad he's home!!

I have to say that I was touched by this. I think it's a beautiful thing to see and hear something that I love so much can help loved ones through a trying time. That's just amazing to me to read. And like everybody else said, welcome.
Let me know

Post by gotiye »

tell him we all miss him and hope he gets well soon..................
it's not the same without him here..................
he brings a high standard of respect to this board that can't be replaced..................
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

vikingprincess wrote:
XKawN wrote:how old are you, VK???

pretty cool stuff. as a father it's gotta feel great to have your daughter enjoy in on your passion. maybe not the same, but my 5 year old daughter watches boxing with me (atleast part of it till she get's bored, lol) and she takes mma along with my wife. i'm a violent guy and my women need to be able to defend themselves, lol j/k. anyways, welcome to the board. hope you guys have a good holiday.
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/graham/1207163.html
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bump

Return to “TTR HOF”