I will never drink alcohol
I like Jimi Hendrix
I am a ping-pong GOD
R.I.P. Scap
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Because my dad I.....

Will be a lifelong Cardinals fan.

Jake LaMotta will always be my favorite fighter.

I will never hit a woman.

4Th of July will always be my favorite holiday.

I will never take shit from anybody.

I will never care what anybody thinks of me.

And Sugar Ray Leonard will always be a pussy. :lol:
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

because of my dad

I'll never lie, cheat or steal from my wife

because of my dad

I'll always be the exact opposite of him

because of my dad

I fell in love with sports

because of my dad

i'm not Bi-Polar :D
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

My Dad can fuck off forever for all I care.
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

tainos wrote:
USMILMAN wrote:
tainos wrote: My brother I grew up with no pops. He was always chasing tail and taking care of other peoples kids!
Sorry to hear that.
It made me stronger. I actually learned how not to do things because of him. He was a reverse roll model.
I never knew that, Tainos.

My dad wasn't around very much when I grew up. Mainly because he was too busy starting a business and chasing women. And when I did see him I got worked pretty good. So I kind of understand the reverse role model. I never really learned what to do but I certainly learned what not to do. Today I have a loving wife, five children, eight grandchildren with a loving and respected relationship with everyone. And I'm certain that your situation is as well.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some background with a good friend. You ain't the only one who has gone through this stuff. Stand tall, your a good man amongst men.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Sorry to hear all these bad experiences...

....wondering if this would be a figure-skating forum of more dads had been around.
Erison

Post by Erison »

Because of my dad, I'm short, stocky, and hairy. And I'll probably have a gut when I'm 40, no matter how well I take care of myself.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

scappoosejohn wrote:
tainos wrote:
USMILMAN wrote: Sorry to hear that.
It made me stronger. I actually learned how not to do things because of him. He was a reverse roll model.

My dad wasn't around very much when I grew up. Mainly because he was too busy starting a business and chasing women. And when I did see him I got worked pretty good. So I kind of understand the reverse role model. I never really learned what to do but I certainly learned what not to do. Today I have a loving wife, five children, eight grandchildren with a loving and respected relationship with everyone. And I'm certain that your situation is as well.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some background with a good friend. You ain't the only one who has gone through this stuff. Stand tall, your a good man amongst men.
Struck a nerve John. We have a lot in common. My dad split when Kim and I were born. Scrapper drinking Irish/Norwegian who routinely broke both hands and feet in bar scraps. He never touched my mom though. He would be dead now. My Granddad was my dad. Taught me how to hunt and to fish. Paint a fence and my intro to pugilism. Railroad man. Story teller, eccentric, loner artist extraordinaire. I love my second dad. He came along when I was 12. Unfortunately I was already molded in granddads image(not saying I could carry his pencil). His effect on my life almost equals my mothers. Even now I shed a tear at my age making this post. The most influential man in my life. Miss him much.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

1) learned to work for whatever I wanted out of life
2) appreciate my loved ones more
3) How great boxing and college football really are!
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:
tainos wrote: It made me stronger. I actually learned how not to do things because of him. He was a reverse roll model.

Struck a nerve John. We have a lot in common. My dad split when Kim and I were born. Scrapper drinking Irish/Norwegian who routinely broke both hands and feet in bar scraps. He never touched my mom though. He would be dead now. My Granddad was my dad. Taught me how to hunt and to fish. Paint a fence and my intro to pugilism. Railroad man. Story teller, eccentric, loner artist extraordinaire. I love my second dad. He came along when I was 12. Unfortunately I was already molded in granddads image(not saying I could carry his pencil). His effect on my life almost equals my mothers. Even now I shed a tear at my age making this post. The most influential man in my life. Miss him much.
Same goes with my grandpa.

BTW, when my dad was diagnosed with cancer that had metastised and given a month to live, I took him home and nursed him until his death. We talked some and did resolve some issues. I carry no remorse today but the scars will travel on with me. I just can't put it aside. Still, I'll never repeat it with my own family. So it's hard to put into words. I just know that my wife, children and grandchildren are very loved and that what I went through will never happen again in my family. At least not as long as I'm the top dog.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

scappoosejohn wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote: I never knew that, Tainos.

BTW, when my dad was diagnosed with cancer that had metastised and given a month to live, I took him home and nursed him until his death. We talked some and did resolve some issues. I carry no remorse today but the scars will travel on with me. I just can't put it aside. Still, I'll never repeat it with my own family. So it's hard to put into words. I just know that my wife, children and grandchildren are very loved and that what I went through will never happen again in my family. At least not as long as I'm the top dog.
Met my real dad when I was 34. All of those years and he lived in Edmonton and me in Calgary. 150 miles away. Never sent my mom a dime for 34 years. Nice fella.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:
RASTA666 wrote: Struck a nerve John. We have a lot in common. My dad split when Kim and I were born. Scrapper drinking Irish/Norwegian who routinely broke both hands and feet in bar scraps. He never touched my mom though. He would be dead now. My Granddad was my dad. Taught me how to hunt and to fish. Paint a fence and my intro to pugilism. Railroad man. Story teller, eccentric, loner artist extraordinaire. I love my second dad. He came along when I was 12. Unfortunately I was already molded in granddads image(not saying I could carry his pencil). His effect on my life almost equals my mothers. Even now I shed a tear at my age making this post. The most influential man in my life. Miss him much.

Met my real dad when I was 34. All of those years and he lived in Edmonton and me in Calgary. 150 miles away. Never sent my mom a dime for 34 years. Nice fella.
Remember this, Rasta (and the others who posted) ............ you're the better man..........never forget it my brother. Instead of recycling another round of what we went through it has stopped here and won't be repeated. Not with me, anyway.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

scappoosejohn wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote: Same goes with my grandpa.

Remember this, Rasta (and the others who posted) ............ you're the better man..........never forget it my brother. Instead of recycling another round of what we went through it has stopped here and won't be repeated. Not with me, anyway.
He taught me how to swim. He once saved 3 out of 4 people drowning in the Souris River. Never had the strength to get the fourth. I only lament because of the thread.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

RASTA666 wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:
RASTA666 wrote: Met my real dad when I was 34. All of those years and he lived in Edmonton and me in Calgary. 150 miles away. Never sent my mom a dime for 34 years. Nice fella.
He taught me how to swim. He once saved 3 out of 4 people drowning in the Souris River. Never had the strength to get the fourth. I only lament because of the thread.
I understand and we can leave it at that.
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

Well my Dad was a pretty good Dad as not many manuals were written about how you are supposed to behave. and i remember he was very strict when i was growing up. he loved my Mom very much and he showed that in his demeanor to wards her, and he always provided for the family, when i was very young my Dad moved around in his occupation as a mill worker he had the uncanny ability of making sawmills work better and he also built quite a few through the years, but his biggest love was boxing, he boxed, trained, coached, refereed, and worked the corner on many fights in the 1920's and 30's, went to war in the 40's and lived a long and happy life, he was well liked by most who knew him and he was very healthy and a hearty soul, in his last years he hunted and fished a lot and went to the big fishing pond in the sky as he turned 95 years young. i have very many fond memories of my Dad
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

fsteddi wrote:Well my Dad was a pretty good Dad as not many manuals were written about how you are supposed to behave. and i remember he was very strict when i was growing up. he loved my Mom very much and he showed that in his demeanor to wards her, and he always provided for the family, when i was very young my Dad moved around in his occupation as a mill worker he had the uncanny ability of making sawmills work better and he also built quite a few through the years, but his biggest love was boxing, he boxed, trained, coached, refereed, and worked the corner on many fights in the 1920's and 30's, went to war in the 40's and lived a long and happy life, he was well liked by most who knew him and he was very healthy and a hearty soul, in his last years he hunted and fished a lot and went to the big fishing pond in the sky as he turned 95 years young. i have very many fond memories of my Dad
You're a very lucky man, Eddie, to have such an upstanding man for a dad. And from what I know it appears that it rubbed off on you.
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

Thanks John, and i should mention i have seen you and your family and visited with your family on more than one occasion and the way you all inter-react, and imo your not to shabby yourself
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

Thanks Eddie. That means a lot to me. I really mean it.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

stenchasaurous wrote:Because of my dad, I was born and that's all the SOB ever did for me. Met him once when I was 7 and once when I was 9 and haven't talked to him since. Never paid child support, never called, nothing. I know where he lives, I know his address, it's about a 3 hour drive from me. I sent him a wedding notification when I got married just to let the sorry bastard know I was still breathing and doing fine without him. Like others in here, my grandpa on my mom's side was basically my dad, and he was the greatest man I've ever known. I don't cry very easily, or very much, but I bawled my fucking eyes out like a little kid when I went and saw my grandpa on his death bed. Got ALS (Lou Gherig's disease) when he was 88 fucking years old. What kind of shit is that? His doctor's had just told him before he got diagnosed that they didn't see any reason he couldn't live to be 100 he was in such good shape. Then just like that, 6 months later, he was gone. He held on until his and my grandma's 64th anniversary, and then collapsed that morning after telling my grandma happy anniversary and died 3 days later. Amazingly, my grandma is still alive and kicking and all there 6 years later. She'll be 90 in September and has been like a second mother to me. Love my grandparents, just talking about it still gets me tearing up like nothing else can.

Taking that whole story into account, it's amazing that you sent the wedding invitation. Did anything go down when/if he arrived?
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

Because of my Dad, I will never touch an illegal drug. My dad got addicted to heroin in Vietnam and never recovered.
I will be there for my kids, in any way shape or form I can.
I will Hold a job as long as my body allows.
I will bust a motherfucker in the mouth who disrespects my family.
I will ALWAYS want to be a police officer, even though I will never be one. My dad Was the first black cop in Petersburg, Va.
When I see a Colt 45 or a Country Club beer, I will tear up. Pops died in '95
I will forever be the rational one. Like Lord and Tainos and I believe Scapp my dad wasnt around much either. No child support, was gone when my sister was a baby. However I always had access to him and he gave me things that his money couldnt give me. At the time I didnt understand why my mother was always upset with him, but I know now. I had him, his money didnt matter to me. He died right after I turned 21 so I never got to know him as a man, and I regret that to this day. He never got to meet my daughter, although I'm sure he sees her.

" They say you dont know what u doing till u stop doin it,
Well call me clueless, cuz I do this "
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

fsteddi wrote:Well my Dad was a pretty good Dad as not many manuals were written about how you are supposed to behave. and i remember he was very strict when i was growing up. he loved my Mom very much and he showed that in his demeanor to wards her, and he always provided for the family, when i was very young my Dad moved around in his occupation as a mill worker he had the uncanny ability of making sawmills work better and he also built quite a few through the years, but his biggest love was boxing, he boxed, trained, coached, refereed, and worked the corner on many fights in the 1920's and 30's, went to war in the 40's and lived a long and happy life, he was well liked by most who knew him and he was very healthy and a hearty soul, in his last years he hunted and fished a lot and went to the big fishing pond in the sky as he turned 95 years young. i have very many fond memories of my Dad
Great stuff Eddie. I missed this last night. To be honest the thread got my emotions going.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
bigstave007

Post by bigstave007 »

Becuse of my dad i will never raise a hand to my children. and my kids will be raised knowing their dad would do anything for them. and they will pass along the new family trait to their children someday. It may be the one thing of importance I accomplishe in my life when it's all said and done. it will be my "legacy" sort of speak. That I change 2 kids lives, who will change their kids lives for the better.

I read through all the posts and see a lot of guys whos dad took off when they were little. trust me when I say having a dead beat dad that sticks around is no prize either.

btw, great posts guys
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

From the bottom of my heart, i didn't want to bring up bad parts of ur childhood, or to get u guys emotional, so i apologise if i did. I was just giving a shout out to the greatest man I know, my step father. I am sorry to those whose bad feelings were brought back out.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

USMILMAN wrote:From the bottom of my heart, i didn't want to bring up bad parts of ur childhood, or to get u guys emotional, so i apologise if i did. I was just giving a shout out to the greatest man I know, my step father. I am sorry to those whose bad feelings were brought back out.

No need. One of the best threads ever.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
OLDMONGOOSE

Post by OLDMONGOOSE »

Ya I think this is an awesome idea...i would almost like to run w/ it on a large scale and make it a book
R.I.P. Scap

Return to “TTR HOF”