R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

undefeatedchamp

Re: R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Post by undefeatedchamp »

Sorry to hear about the passing of Rasta. He will be missed. RIP
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

Rest in Peace.
MRC

Post by MRC »

Horrible news about Rasta, call out sick to work type news.

R.I.P Rasta
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Post by Presteezh »

I am really proud to be apart of this group. You guys are amazing.
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Post by Presteezh »

I am really proud to be apart of this group. You guys are amazing.
guysta

Post by guysta »

Damn, this news put me in shock when I saw this thread yesterday. I don't post much anymore but try to get on here to read whenever I can. It's hard to believe many of us have been bantering back and forth about boxing and life for 15+ years on here and ESPN. This is truly sad news. Rasta was a genuine good dude.

RIP
Rasta
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I wish Kev was able to read everyones' post about him. Nothing would make him happier than this thread.
23sharks

Post by 23sharks »

the13r wrote:I wish Kev was able to read everyones' post about him. Nothing would make him happier than this thread.
Fuck, I'm just now seeing this. So sad.
I love talking to everyone here.....Rasta was one of the first guys I really chatted with....just a really good dude. Talking boxing was cool, but talking about life with him was even better.......I'm at a loss for words.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

the13r wrote:NoProp, i have to say in Rasta's last message to me, he was glad you had PM'd him. Rasta thought nobody on TTR noticed he wasn't posting much and said you were the only one who PM'd him.

Thank you for that, sincerely
Means a lot that he mentioned that. Like I stated I enjoyed Rasta's take on pretty much everything right away. He reminded me of a wise yet feisty family member I was lucky to have and I'll miss looking for his viewpoints on boxing and life.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

23sharks wrote:
the13r wrote:I wish Kev was able to read everyones' post about him. Nothing would make him happier than this thread.
Fuck, I'm just now seeing this. So sad.
I love talking to everyone here.....Rasta was one of the first guys I really chatted with....just a really good dude. Talking boxing was cool, but talking about life with him was even better.......I'm at a loss for words.
Rasta really enjoyed talking with you, Sharks. I know he did.
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Shit this is really a fucking sad moment for me; such a nice guy and a former member of satff on another site we inhabited and the main reason I joined this forum...gutted to hear this!!
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

Very sad indeed. :o

R.I.P. He probably sitting ringside up there watching the all time greats fighting for everyone's entertainment.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

Funny story. I needed help writing a letter for business. Rasta was the 1st guy to pm me. His 1st question was , you aren't going to send this guy anthrax in the letter?
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

threadkiller wrote:Funny story. I needed help writing a letter for business. Rasta was the 1st guy to pm me. His 1st question was , you aren't going to send this guy anthrax in the letter?

:lol:
chef97

Post by chef97 »

threadkiller wrote:Funny story. I needed help writing a letter for business. Rasta was the 1st guy to pm me. His 1st question was , you aren't going to send this guy anthrax in the letter?
LMAO classic Rasta.... :D
Chef
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

5_burowz wrote:

:lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

R.I.P Rasta.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

OccamsRazor wrote:Hello guys. Its hard to pick just any story to illustrate good and bad times with our friend. He was a complex guy. He wrote intense, crazy passionate letters to the editor. Usually regarding animal rights issues or unsavory northern hunting practices. Towards the end they became less emotional with fewer bouts of name calling (Though it was often very funny and pissed off more than a few.) The letters came less often but were well researched and well written at the end..

Back in the late 90’s when we used to drink at the same pub I was faced by two large guys both well over 250 and some insults were exchanged. I was asked to leave the bar by the bartender. Which meant I had to go outside alone with the two apes… Rasta was the only friend that offered to go out to make sure the odds were even..
Its good in later years that we both quit drinking we were too old for that crap. ☺

I can see you guys enjoyed his barbs and writing . He will be missed at work and by his friends… He was a devoted dog owner and both his dogs are now in good homes. He is no longer in pain. I don’t feel his presence at work but I was up high on mountain bluff the day after he died and I swear I could have heard him ranting to me about something on the CBC…
Rasta definitely seemed old school as in a true friend, through thick and thin. I'm not surprised he would step in to make things even because that was the right thing to do. I have a friend like that who I've known sense preschool so I definitely respect that type of friend.

He talked about how much he enjoyed his job. If I remember correctly he described it as like the Antique Road Show. Not sure what he did but can appreciate enjoying your job.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

stenchasaurous wrote:Rasta and I had a falling out at one point or another and never really mended fences, which I regret. He was probably the poster I was closest with at ESPN. We had a t-shirt bet for Wlad-McCline where he picked McCline and I picked Wlad; if McCline won I was supposed to send him a Longhorn shirt and if Wlad won he was going to send me a a Huskies shirt. Let him off the hook on that one. Guy disliked Wlad for a long time and picked against him for years LOL When I first came here I was just lurking and he sent me a PM encouraging me to post. We hadn't really talked much the last few years but I always respected his emotional honesty and how he wore his heart on his sleeve, and how he didn't take shit from anybody. I'd noticed him mellow recently in his posting style and also posting less, and I guess that was probably due to whatever he was going through. Still haven't really wrapped my head around the fact that something actually was able to kill the cantankerous old bastard; he seemed like the kind of guy who'd live forever. Whatever it was must have been some vile shit and I'm glad he's not in pain any more. He was a pillar of this place and will be sorely missed, and irreplaceable. Rest in peace Rasta.

The post you made in this thread was very touching.

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 0&start=25
Woobase
TTR Contributor

Post by Woobase »

Holy hell Astor, I cannot believe the news about Kevin. I sincerely apologize for not stopping in yesterday, but thank you for sending the email. Straycat sent me a message via FB, and between meetings and traveling for work, this is truly the first time I've had a chance to sit down, reflect on Rasta and send thoughts your way.

I, along with many others, go way back with Rasta back in the early ESPN days. Trying to think of those who welcomed me into the "inner circle" back then....JoeyGonzo, USMC_Rugger, Louisville Lip, Bias, and of course....Rasta. Of course I had to go through a bit of initiation, testing my boxing knowledge....but luckily passed without too much incident. Rasta was right there to welcome me with open arms. Like many said, over the years Rasta and I had our battles, and unfortunately it broiled over into the early days of TTR....much to my regret. I drove a huge wedge between myself and the likes of ScappooseJohn (whom I considered a very good friend), Astor, FastEddie and Rasta. I always felt badly for those comments and immature attacks/posts, and truly regretted that period. Hopefully I've patched up those "burnt bridges" a while back. Funny thing about Kevin....he and I were both very passionate and ahem, very hot tempered....and at times mistook each other's posts as personal attacks on one another. It's almost like he and I had our internet/boxing board persona, and then the real life discussions behind the scenes in PM's and emails.

I did have to chuckle at someone who related the story of Rasta backing him up in a bar against two big blokes....and yep, I guess that is my thought of Rasta....no matter the circumstance, if he was your friend, he'd definitely be there to have your back. Yes, Rasta and I had our days of keyboard commando warfare against each other...but there was definitely times when I was under "cyber attack" and good ol' Rasta was there to have my back.

Astor, I enjoyed reading your stories about Rasta, and did not realize how close the two of you were, and how much Kevin gave of his time, effort and monetary contributions to TTR. I've always thought you did this all by yourself! Thanks for sharing though, and truly am sorry to hear this horrible news about Kevin's passing. I cannot believe it...57 years old....way too effing young, way too young. It just does not seem real.

Hang in there Astor.

RIP KEVIN SINCLAIR aka Rasta

PS: I hope the rest of you TTR members who I've had the pleasure to discuss boxing with in the past...either here or on ESPN....are doing well. Miss the lot of you boxing gurus! Peace!
"We have wasted HISTORY like a bunch of drunks shooting dice back in the men's crapper of the local bar" - Charles Bukowski
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

It makes me happy to see so many old timers come back to pay their respects. Especially Woo who must be in his late 90's by now. This board is a special place.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Kev might of rubbed folks wrong at times but he was always willing to break bread and put piss fits in the rear view mirror.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

stenchasaurous wrote:Rasta and I had a falling out at one point or another and never really mended fences, which I regret. He was probably the poster I was closest with at ESPN. We had a t-shirt bet for Wlad-McCline where he picked McCline and I picked Wlad; if McCline won I was supposed to send him a Longhorn shirt and if Wlad won he was going to send me a a Huskies shirt. Let him off the hook on that one. Guy disliked Wlad for a long time and picked against him for years LOL When I first came here I was just lurking and he sent me a PM encouraging me to post. We hadn't really talked much the last few years but I always respected his emotional honesty and how he wore his heart on his sleeve, and how he didn't take shit from anybody. I'd noticed him mellow recently in his posting style and also posting less, and I guess that was probably due to whatever he was going through. Still haven't really wrapped my head around the fact that something actually was able to kill the cantankerous old bastard; he seemed like the kind of guy who'd live forever. Whatever it was must have been some vile shit and I'm glad he's not in pain any more. He was a pillar of this place and will be sorely missed, and irreplaceable. Rest in peace Rasta.

I'm not sure if you noticed but a couple of months ago Rasta and you were talking to each other in a thread. That was the first time I saw you two talk to each other in a normal way in years. Rasta was really calm this whole year. I wanted to say something in the thread because it was so strange. I did not want to ruin it. I figured you guys mend the fences.
babak

Post by babak »

RIP to a legend of the board, if we had a hall of fame, he would be a first balloter....we had our share of arguments (who didnt), but you coudlnt say he didnt care....good man, terrible loss

Babak
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

On a good day Rasta would engineer some pretty off the wall threads.
Like once he posted a picture of a 4x4 in the ground and the thread was simply titled "A Post".
It morphed from there and people kept adding pics of there own. Back before the pit was deleted there was a sticky on a GIF thread, it was started by him right? Anybody remember that?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “TTR HOF”