R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Based

Re: R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Post by Based »

Rip Rasta. Damn this sucks. I loved reading his post. Seemed like a good dude.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Each time we would discuss meeting, either just me and him or a TTR meeting, Rasta was one of the first to be in. I know that if we would've made it happen, he would,ve been there. Rasta is another case of meeting passionate full implicated persons you'd wish you'd have in real life. But because of the reality of distances, it just never materialized. Same thing happened with Scapp who i would've greatly love to meet. But life robbed me from that opportunity. Same just happened with Rasta. I missed talking to him by a few days it looks like. He heard my voice because i left him a message and he sent a pm back, but the only voice i heard from him is him saying his name on his answering machine. Very sad. He said he would come on the east coast visit but sickness robbed me from that cool moment.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Just talked to where he worked to confirm and he died last week. A service will be held this week. I hope Eddi will be able to attend. We haven't heard from Eddi since i told him about Kev not feeling well and i think it might be because he was close to him before he left this earth. Kev had a great spirit, a great mind, saw things his way and i'm sure he will find some kind of freedom in what happened to him. When his collegue just confirmed it to me minutes ago, it struck me like a terrible lightning. very very very sad about all this. Wish i could,ve been there for him to help him through this. he would,ve done the same if i would,ve been in the same position. I have to say since he never gave more news after telling me about moving to Vancouver to get treatments, i thought maybe he was feeling better.

I'll always remember when Sdcapp got back home before he died, he made it clear that there was little time left. When i talked to Kev, i joked around and told him i thought i was stuck with him for a few more years... he replied with laughing emoticons... and that was it. really makes you hate getting to know people in deep on the net because of how brutal the endings are. You end up feeling like you haven't done enough like you would,ve for a real life friend of the same value.
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Re: Where's Rasta?

Post by Presteezh »

the13r wrote:Occamsrazor has been activated

I let him know, hopefully he will stop in.
b0x1ng
TTR Contributor

Post by b0x1ng »

Wow. :shock: :? :cry:

He would always let us know how he felt about something. Glad we are doing the same.

Very sad. RIP Rasta...
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Wow, this is horrible. He will be missed. I am in shock. RIP Rasta.
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I'll always remember when Kev sent me a flag of Yukon, a pen of the Yukon brand and a nice winter cap with Yukon on it. I thought this was such a great gesture. I'll now keep those precious gifts and they will always remind me of him. I'll put that Yukon flag up on the wall of my office, proudly.

I can't stop thinking how hard it must have been for him to leave his 2 dogs. I know he was able to let one go to a farm. but the other one. Must have been real hard times. he would never leave or abandon one of his pet.

So to continue my story about Kev and TTR. We both started the website. I took care of everything but since i wasn't good in english at the time (ain't much better now either but...) and didn't knew the espn boxing board members that well, i asked him to help me setup an admin team. He was my first choice with Scapp. Scapp ended up not getting in right away, wanted some conditions and basically wanted to keep working the TTR board. So Rasta was the communication guy and the admin and recruited eddi and lurky.

We worked together and tried to setup a viable atmosphere on TTR to encourage boxing debates. He was a dedicated and passionated person and worked real hard. TTR imo became his second home. I'm glad i was able to make him part of a big project like TTR.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

wow was not expecting to read this... terrible news... one of the best posters ive ever encountered level headed, knowledgeable, dedicated, and just an all around good guy... RIP brother
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote:
Just talked to where he worked to confirm and he died last week. A service will be held this week. I hope Eddi will be able to attend. We haven't heard from Eddi since i told him about Kev not feeling well and i think it might be because he was close to him before he left this earth. Kev had a great spirit, a great mind, saw things his way and i'm sure he will find some kind of freedom in what happened to him. When his collegue just confirmed it to me minutes ago, it struck me like a terrible lightning. very very very sad about all this. Wish i could,ve been there for him to help him through this. he would,ve done the same if i would,ve been in the same position. I have to say since he never gave more news after telling me about moving to Vancouver to get treatments, i thought maybe he was feeling better.

I'll always remember when Sdcapp got back home before he died, he made it clear that there was little time left. When i talked to Kev, i joked around and told him i thought i was stuck with him for a few more years... he replied with laughing emoticons... and that was it. really makes you hate getting to know people in deep on the net because of how brutal the endings are. You end up feeling like you haven't done enough like you would,ve for a real life friend of the same value.
Eddie PM'd me a while back when this thread surfaced, I gave him Kevs email.
Damn this is jacked up. I sent a shout out to all old school ESPN'rs via FB messenger that was on my list.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Did I miss the official cause?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

I received an email and I'd like to say thanks for sending it out. I assume it was Astor. Rasta and I, like a few others, go way back to the ESPN forum. We certainly didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but he showed you can respectfully disagree with someone without insulting them.
The last convo I had with him, he did seem to have changed his attitude quite a bit and I even ask him about it. I didn't get a response from him. Maybe his health had something to do with it.

I wish his family well and he'll be missed by lots of members here.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I don't think the official cause will be made public Stray. No disrespect, but it was Kevin's wish. When he told me he was sick, i indirectly told me he preferred it wouldn't be shared on here.
daintyhulk

Post by daintyhulk »

RIP

:(
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

the13r wrote:I'll always remember when Kev sent me a flag of Yukon, a pen of the Yukon brand and a nice winter cap with Yukon on it. I thought this was such a great gesture. I'll now keep those precious gifts and they will always remind me of him. I'll put that Yukon flag up on the wall of my office, proudly.

I can't stop thinking how hard it must have been for him to leave his 2 dogs. I know he was able to let one go to a farm. but the other one. Must have been real hard times. he would never leave or abandon one of his pet.

So to continue my story about Kev and TTR. We both started the website. I took care of everything but since i wasn't good in english at the time (ain't much better now either but...) and didn't knew the espn boxing board members that well, i asked him to help me setup an admin team. He was my first choice with Scapp. Scapp ended up not getting in right away, wanted some conditions and basically wanted to keep working the TTR board. So Rasta was the communication guy and the admin and recruited eddi and lurky.

We worked together and tried to setup a viable atmosphere on TTR to encourage boxing debates. He was a dedicated and passionated person and worked real hard. TTR imo became his second home. I'm glad i was able to make him part of a big project like TTR.
He sent some boxing posters to my son that we had framed and are hanging on his wall. These will always hold a special bond and place for us.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

RIP Rasta
Toosoon73

Post by Toosoon73 »

I'm not active on here much,but I remember Rasta from ESPN boxing also he was great poster on both boards.I just wanted to send my condolences. Rip
straycat

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote:I don't think the official cause will be made public Stray. No disrespect, but it was Kevin's wish. When he told me he was sick, i indirectly told me he preferred it wouldn't be shared on here.
NP just trying to inform others
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I am saddened more than I can express and, unfortunately, do not know what to say. I wish I could have gotten to know him in person.

RIP Rasta
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Rasta and I exchanged many gifts back and forth too over the years and one of the gifts he sent me was a cool pocket knife that I've carried around in my pocket for over 10 years... I lost that pocket knife for 6 months and found it at work in my walk-in freezer.... Anyways, Rasta will be missed by all TTR members and a nice gesture for him would be to go on the TTR HOF wall right next to our other TTR legend Scappoose John.... This is a sad day for the13thround.com
Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

As years went by on TTR, me and Kev were able to share thoughts on important life moments. He was like an older brother i felt comfortable telling all kind of stuff. Like recently when one of cats died. I knew he'd be the only one who'd understand how deep my pain was and he did.

Kev had a hell of a temper/caracter... and any kind of misunderstanding or friction we had was quickly pushed aside when he felt his presence was important for me and that i had to share something with him.

Great person that you value when you find one
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

chef97 wrote:Rasta and I exchanged many gifts back and forth too over the years and one of the gifts he sent me was a cool pocket knife that I've carried around in my pocket for over 10 years... I lost that pocket knife for 6 months and found it at work in my walk-in freezer.... Anyways, Rasta will be missed by all TTR members and a nice gesture for him would be to go on the TTR HOF wall right next to our other TTR legend Scappoose John.... This is a sad day for the13thround.com

no doubt he will chef, i just have to find someone who can edit the wall with the gloves and names. we can then trasnfer this thread to the HOF section where our very dedicated member Stray can keep his memory alive for us!
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I would most defnitely second Chef's notion that Kev be a Hall of Fame poster here.

I don't see anyone saying that they would believe otherwise.

This board will not be the same for me without him, and I believe that there are countless other posters that would echo what I am saying.

In a similar way to Scappy, even people who had strong disagreements and spirited arguments with him respected him - and he went out of his way to welcome new members, reach out to people and make sure that they were okay, and do things that put a human touch on any discussions that we might ever be having.

I'm still having trouble accepting this, but I will strongly second what Chef is saying.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Rasta was my favorite poster upon arriving to 13 with the 2nd wave. Knew the sport well, didn't take much shit, great sense of humor and sprinkled his old school wisdom all over threads effortlessly. I will miss reading his words. Heart goes out to his family and anyone who loves the man.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

nobody deserves it more than Kev

founding member
Admin for Years
#1 poster for most of TTR's existence
incredibly knowledgable
And probably the most liked members at various times on TTR
Constantly making friends with members
Posted some of the best well constructed posts

often we discussed who was the best poster on TTR and Rasta always came first
straycat

Post by straycat »

Call his section of the hall true north
Last edited by straycat on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “TTR HOF”