R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

BigPhank211

Re: R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Post by BigPhank211 »

Wow. Rasta was the epitome. RIP, Brother.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

Very sad news. Ive never been upset for someone that I've only seen post online but I genuinely was hurt when I saw this thread. some of you guys obviously knew him better than I did but from just seeing him post and having the occasional pm convo, he was a good guy in my books.

I remember I had a conversation with him on Nye 2012 and he just gave me some much needed advice at the time and for that I'm grateful. I wish we had met in person and smoked one but at least he's at peace now. My sympathies go out to his friends and family.
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

regulardude wrote:Been cogitating on this for a while now, because I have no idea how to do RASTA any justice and how to articulate what I've been thinking about since I heard of his passing.

This is why I haven't posted. I don't have the words to express how I feel, and lesser words won't do him justice.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

It's been nice seeing a lot of the old heads pop back in & give Rasta some love... The only one I wish I could see pop back in would be LORD.... Anybody ever hear from him? He always had some great stories to tell and I'll bet he's got a couple w/ Rasta......
Chef
chef97

Post by chef97 »

regulardude wrote:
chef97 wrote:It's been nice seeing a lot of the old heads pop back in & give Rasta some love... The only one I wish I could see pop back in would be LORD.... Anybody ever hear from him? He always had some great stories to tell and I'll bet he's got a couple w/ Rasta......
I haven't been in contact with him for a long time, but I reached out to let him know that RASTA has passed away.
Cool, thanks man...
Chef
babak

Post by babak »

Yea Lord, Erison, underweartaker, barry bonds, bgmets, usmc rugger are all on the FB thread about rasta (and about 20 other people who I don't know)
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

chef97 wrote:It's been nice seeing a lot of the old heads pop back in & give Rasta some love... The only one I wish I could see pop back in would be LORD.... Anybody ever hear from him? He always had some great stories to tell and I'll bet he's got a couple w/ Rasta......
I sent out a group IM on FB, Lord along with Bias, Rugger, Jetro, Knockout 123, Payton Fan, Mac The Knife, Red Head Jenn, BarryBondsMVP & few others I forgot their handle all chimed in.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

babak wrote:Yea Lord, Erison, underweartaker, barry bonds, bgmets, usmc rugger are all on the FB thread about rasta (and about 20 other people who I don't know)

What's the facebook group name?
straycat

Post by straycat »

BertL also. For those that don't know Bert got hit pretty bad in the flood in Louisiana.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

It was messenger group not a page DT
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
babak

Post by babak »

deadlything wrote:
babak wrote:Yea Lord, Erison, underweartaker, barry bonds, bgmets, usmc rugger are all on the FB thread about rasta (and about 20 other people who I don't know)

What's the facebook group name?
was just a group messanger thread - I am sure Stray can add you (I dropped out after a few days)
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

straycat wrote:
I sent out a group IM on FB, Lord along with Bias, Rugger, Jetro, Knockout 123, Payton Fan, Mac The Knife, Red Head Jenn, BarryBondsMVP & few others I forgot their handle all chimed in.
Would've been great if it would've been in this thread which will be added to his hommage section...
23sharks

Post by 23sharks »

5_burowz wrote:
23sharks wrote:
the13r wrote:I wish Kev was able to read everyones' post about him. Nothing would make him happier than this thread.
Fuck, I'm just now seeing this. So sad.
I love talking to everyone here.....Rasta was one of the first guys I really chatted with....just a really good dude. Talking boxing was cool, but talking about life with him was even better.......I'm at a loss for words.
Rasta really enjoyed talking with you, Sharks. I know he did.
Went thru the old messages in my inbox.....and the last one I had was from Rasta talking about Scapp.
Fuck, life is too short.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

We should be asking all the great posters why they quit posting. Only takes minutes a day to stop in and say hello and f/u
chef97

Post by chef97 »

threadkiller wrote:We should be asking all the great posters why they quit posting. Only takes minutes a day to stop in and say hello and f/u
Exactly! :)
Chef
OccamsRazor

Post by OccamsRazor »

I think Kevin would have really enjoyed all these tributes to him..
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

OccamsRazor wrote:I think Kevin would have really enjoyed all these tributes to him..

He is sorely missed. RegDuder summed it up perfectly. I plan on going through a bunch of old threads from his post history and see what I can find that might be interesting and of note and bumping them periodically. He was basically the patriarch of this board for all intents and purposes.
straycat

Post by straycat »

5_burowz wrote:
OccamsRazor wrote:I think Kevin would have really enjoyed all these tributes to him..

He is sorely missed. RegDuder summed it up perfectly. I plan on going through a bunch of old threads from his post history and see what I can find that might be interesting and of note and bumping them periodically. He was basically the patriarch of this board for all intents and purposes.
Any golden ones we could have Astor or Prime move them to the Hall.
I'd like to go back to the platinum music thread and find the night me and Rasta had played old foggies tag.
We dug up some real gems but that music thread went dormant once the format for embedding changed.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

Very sad hearing this and understanding that I had not exchanging boxing thoughts with Rasta in some time. I hope the best for his loved ones and wish him peace.
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
WillieB59

Post by WillieB59 »

Hard to believe. Rasta seemed to be a constant presence here. He certainly will be missed.

R. I. P.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share thoughts and Anecdotes on Rasta. He is missed.
pimparoni32

Post by pimparoni32 »

I just realized I've part of this community for 16 years now, Rasta was one of the originals that I used to talk boxing with. I do not even know him outside of the web, but it almost feels like an extended family member is gone. RIP Rasta
"Being alive's a crock of $hit" Kilgore Trout
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

seems hard to believe, and not knowing his state of health for the last little while it seems/seemed so quick.

R.I.P. Rasta666 you will be missed
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I think nobody really knew except him and even him didn't thought he'd go that quick i'm sure Eddi. Struck everyone by surprise including him.
fsteddi

Post by fsteddi »

Rasta really loved animals here's a pm from Kev from day's gone bye.

RASTA666 wrote:
He's been such a good buddy. I'm crying while typing.

fsteddi wrote:

sad times bud, it's easy for me to say as it is not happening directly to me, but Remember the good times, and if your bud has to be put to sleep he's obviously in pain or beyond hope.......and you would be doing him a Great Favour and an act of Love and Kindness, again Remember the Good Times, and if i was there with you i would put my arm around you too share your load...

RASTA666 wrote:

You just did.

Return to “TTR HOF”