R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

chef97

Re: R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Post by chef97 »

Great story fsteddi, thanks for sharing...
Chef
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

chef97 wrote:Great story fsteddi, thanks for sharing...
Master

Post by Master »

Hi I am a mod from Saddo boxing and just want to share my thoughts about Kevin.

Kevin/Rasta/IamInuit was a brilliant poster and his knowledge of the history of boxing was exceptional. He was liked by all and became a mod relatively quickly. He always gave me time and patience with streams that he had no matter how many times I would lose them.

His other post about love of animals, wildlife and photography were enjoyable too. He will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. Kevin

This is our tribute to him on our site.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingforum/ ... inuit.html
BenJammin

Post by BenJammin »

Dude, I can't believe it. Been rapping with Rasta since ESPN days...me, him, Lurk and Rames used to go at it over Floyd v. Hatton (way before it happened). Jesus Christ...learned so much from him...RIP bruh.

Damn.
Floyd always figures them out, always. Manny is NO enigma. Floyd solves his BS suduko in one round.

Ben...
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Master wrote:Hi I am a mod from Saddo boxing and just want to share my thoughts about Kevin.

Kevin/Rasta/IamInuit was a brilliant poster and his knowledge of the history of boxing was exceptional. He was liked by all and became a mod relatively quickly. He always gave me time and patience with _______ that he had no matter how many times I would lose them.

His other post about love of animals, wildlife and photography were enjoyable too. He will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. Kevin

Thanks for posting this.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Still struggling to comprehend the news....it still seems so surreal.

Thing with Rasta was his reliability, you could depend on him. He was an ever present. You dropped Rasta a PM and he get back to you and do his level best to help you with whatever you'd asked. I know most of us don't like to think of our own deaths, our friends deaths etc....and though we all know it happens, its hard to understand it.

One of my best friends died 2 years ago as a consequence of long standing alcohol abuse. Another friend died this year from drink/drug issues. But their deaths didn't shock me in the way this has. Their deaths were expected to a degree, but I didn't expect to ever see the 13thround without Rasta being somewhere around and always just a PM away.

I think this makes me realise how long many of us have known each other. I've retraced my steps, my history on the boards. And though many of us have never met, we do play a part in each others lives. Rasta's death has hit a lot of people hard. I just hope he's somewhere where he can see how much he meant to so many people.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

deadlything wrote:
Master wrote:Hi I am a mod from Saddo boxing and just want to share my thoughts about Kevin.

Kevin/Rasta/IamInuit was a brilliant poster and his knowledge of the history of boxing was exceptional. He was liked by all and became a mod relatively quickly. He always gave me time and patience with _______ that he had no matter how many times I would lose them.

R.I.P. Kevin

Thanks for posting this.
Agree and maybe you can begin posting here too....
Chef
Burley

Post by Burley »

chef97 wrote:
deadlything wrote:

R.I.P. Kevin

Thanks for posting this.
Agree and maybe you can begin posting here too....
I second that motion.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

R.I.P. Kevin

thanks appreciate you taking the time to register and post about Kev.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

the13r wrote:

R.I.P. Kevin

thanks appreciate you taking the time to register and post about Kev.
Agreed. That was very nice to have him come over and post that. And the tribute to Rasta on their site was great too. He obviously affected more than most of us even know.
Burley

Post by Burley »

It's really hard for me to come on this site, see this thread, and not comment. I'll just thank everyone for their comments. I knew Rasta was great guy, but reading these posts let me know so much more about him. Thank you for writing them.
23sharks

Post by 23sharks »

lurkyshaka wrote:Still struggling to comprehend the news....it still seems so surreal.

Thing with Rasta was his reliability, you could depend on him. He was an ever present. You dropped Rasta a PM and he get back to you and do his level best to help you with whatever you'd asked. I know most of us don't like to think of our own deaths, our friends deaths etc....and though we all know it happens, its hard to understand it.

One of my best friends died 2 years ago as a consequence of long standing alcohol abuse. Another friend died this year from drink/drug issues. But their deaths didn't shock me in the way this has. Their deaths were expected to a degree, but I didn't expect to ever see the 13thround without Rasta being somewhere around and always just a PM away.

I think this makes me realise how long many of us have known each other. I've retraced my steps, my history on the boards. And though many of us have never met, we do play a part in each others lives. Rasta's death has hit a lot of people hard. I just hope he's somewhere where he can see how much he meant to so many people.
Well said Lurk....totally agree with you.
Think we share a lot more than just boxing on here....I've shared things both good and bad, and Rasta was always one of the 1st to reach out to me.
Hope you guys are all doing well.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

23sharks wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:Still struggling to comprehend the news....it still seems so surreal.

Well said Lurk....totally agree with you.
Think we share a lot more than just boxing on here....I've shared things both good and bad, and Rasta was always one of the 1st to reach out to me.
Hope you guys are all doing well.
Yes this is very much a community. I know as a group we spend a lot of time bickering, but at the end of the day we are here because of a mutual love for the sport of boxing. But it goes deeper than that and real friendships have been forged here, and my friendship with Rasta transcended the board. He gave me advice on life issues, and I know he was there for many other people in that way too.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I'm a little disappointed that no Obituary was published for him. Searched the web for weeks now and nothing

If i could get the exact dates and confirm some facts, TTR could do it.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

Call his work. I am sure they would know someone who has those facts
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote:I'm a little disappointed that no Obituary was published for him. Searched the web for weeks now and nothing

They have a site called obituary.com that will house an obituary and a guest book. Sometimes it takes a while though for a family member to submit something to the local news outlet.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

the13r wrote:I'm a little disappointed that no Obituary was published for him. Searched the web for weeks now and nothing

Didn't Rasta have a brother? I'd first check with someone in the know. It may have been Rasta's wish.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I called at work and discussed with his best friend, a co worker. did that more than a week ago. He didn't have the exact date.

Rasta actually had a twin brother, but i don't have much infos on him besides his name and the city he lives in. I don't feel like bothering him too much right now. Must be hard times.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

I think his brother would think it was cool as shit if he could read this and other stuff about his brother
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Rasta WAS TTR for a few years... 5+... a very intense positive presence. A cohesive current that kept this forum more than just a spot to just exchange thoughts... it was also a place to care and share life passages... good and bad. Like when Scap passed, TTR will never be the same without Rasta. I like intense people and Kev was 100% invested where and when it mattered.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

the13r wrote:Rasta WAS TTR for a few years... 5+... a very intense positive presence. A cohesive current that kept this forum more than just a spot to just exchange thoughts... it was also a place to care and share life passages... good and bad. Like when Scap passed, TTR will never be the same without Rasta. I like intense people and Kev was 100% invested where and when it mattered.
Summed up perfectly. He was an integral part of this site and its community. The space he and Scap left behind will never be filled. The site goes on, it evolves but it'll never be quite the same.
23sharks

Post by 23sharks »

lurkyshaka wrote:
the13r wrote:Rasta WAS TTR for a few years... 5+... a very intense positive presence. A cohesive current that kept this forum more than just a spot to just exchange thoughts... it was also a place to care and share life passages... good and bad. Like when Scap passed, TTR will never be the same without Rasta. I like intense people and Kev was 100% invested where and when it mattered.
Summed up perfectly. He was an integral part of this site and its community. The space he and Scap left behind will never be filled. The site goes on, it evolves but it'll never be quite the same.
Totally agree guys.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

These hard realities of losing monuments of TTR like Scap & Rasta... So fast and sudden... Personally could easily make me lose interest in TTR... as i get so invested in this project, this community... i get to know people in different situations... I end up sharing day to day life with many of you. When you get to know people like Scap and Rasta, it gives you another depth in life... another lantern in the darkness of life's infinity. Losing those is hard, very hard. So again it would be easy to put TTR aside and move into less hurtful opportunities. But then again, TTR was just a medium for these colorful and define persons to shine... So keeping it alive is like celebrating their short existence.

Thanks John and Kev, been a great time
TheUltimateFan

Post by TheUltimateFan »

Wow. I've known Rasta since old ESPN days. Was a great guy with whom I almost always agreed. Laid back in his writing style, informative, humorous, etc.

He will be missed.

Just makes me realize that all of us guys are connected, if only via boxing, and in that regard we've become a family of sorts.

We may not always agree, but I have and always will, wish you and yours all the best.

You've made my life, even if it's just a thin slice of the whole, refreshing and enjoyable.

R.I.P. Rasta. Your boxing community family will miss you.
koolkc107

Post by koolkc107 »

Just happened to peek in and saw this thread. I am stunned.

Gonna keep this brief since I am not here as much as I'd like these days myself.

It was never about whether you agreed or disagreed with RASTA's takes.

You knew it was going to make sense.

You knew it was going to have passion.

And you knew it would entertain and/or keep the convo going.

He was one of group of posters I could always count on to learn from.

Rest In Power, RASTA.

You are golden.
"Golovkin has built his reputation saying he will fight anybody. I'm raising my hand. I'm somebody. Let's do it."

-SOG

Return to “TTR HOF”