R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: R.I.P. Rasta, You Will be Missed

Post by straycat »

Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

straycat wrote:On a good day Rasta would engineer some pretty off the wall threads.
Like once he posted a picture of a 4x4 in the ground and the thread was simply titled "A Post".
It morphed from there and people kept adding pics of there own. Back before the pit was deleted there was a sticky on a GIF thread, it was started by him right? Anybody remember that?
LOL...I remember the "post" thread. haha
butaloh
TTR Doctor

Post by butaloh »

Oh wow. Very, very sad news. Along with just a handful of other people here who I've known since starting up at ESPN back around 2003, Kevin had been a friend for over a decade.

Boxing and other arguments aside, he truly was a caring person who took effort to get to know and be involved in all our lives and various personal situations, despite only being 'internet friend'. We shared a lot of emails way back in the ESPn and early TTR days.

Hadn't spoken/corresponded with him in over a year, mainly because I don't come around here too often these days, but I will miss him for sure. Will take solace in knowing whatever pain he was suffering from what seems to have been a prolonged illness is now over.

Tehran in the winter.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Nice to see the old heads pop in. If only to be young(er) again.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Classy as always Dr. butaloh.... Rasta was only 2 years older than me (I'm 55 now) so this makes me think about my own mortality despite all the awesome advances of modern medicine.......
Chef
pafoti
TTR Donator II

Post by pafoti »

I just had the chance to read this. I am shocked. I know I haven't been around in awhile, but can remember the great posts that Rasta was a part of, back from the ESPN boards. A boxing brain, nice guy to chat with. Wish I had the chance to meet him. I am going to try and visit more, but if anyone wants to shoot me an email, or hook up on FB, my email address is pafoti@gmail.com. Miss chatting with everyone. Hope to hear from everyone.

Paul - aka - greygtbandit
GREYGTBANDIT
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

I have celebrities and other people of note that I really like and it really hits me when they pass. It's the same with Rasta. It's hard to believe someone who appeared to be in good shape is gone. I thought maybe his absence from the board was due to him perhaps needing some time away, I wish I were right. It's still hard to believe, based on the surface of things.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

Pretty cool to get the big hitters back here posting
read2achieve

Post by read2achieve »

Sad sad news. Rasta will be missed. He was very insitefull, kind and intelligent individual. Goes way back from the espn day. May he rest in peace! God Bless his family
MRC

Post by MRC »

If I feel this bad, I can't imagine how Astor feels, he was very close to both Rasta and John. Man I hope you are OK, you do a lot for all of us and I know this has to hit you very very hard. Astor if you need people to step up please let me know. I know Rasta helped a lot financially.
Kev_OS

Post by Kev_OS »

Very sad to hear this. Rasta was one of my two favourite posters on here and one of the chief reasons I kept coming back. I'd often specifically search for his posts because I enjoyed them so much. He was one of the best posters on here and the place won't be the same without him.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Rasta was a good poster and a good man on many levels. His absence will be missed. I remember him from the espn days. I have felt bummed ever since I heard the news.
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Not to long ago I remember Rasta posting up about getting a new PC, he finally upgraded to Windows 8 or 7 from Melinium or XP.
Man he had to of been mighty patient and rescourcefull to keep up with TTR with ancient stuff like that. Earlier on we would ride him about being antiquated and living in isolation. Lots of it was sincere kidding though no doubt but he had no issues with playing along.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Woobase wrote:Holy hell Astor, I cannot believe the news about Kevin. I sincerely apologize for not stopping in yesterday, but thank you for sending the email. Straycat sent me a message via FB, and between meetings and traveling for work, this is truly the first time I've had a chance to sit down, reflect on Rasta and send thoughts your way.

I, along with many others, go way back with Rasta back in the early ESPN days. Trying to think of those who welcomed me into the "inner circle" back then....JoeyGonzo, USMC_Rugger, Louisville Lip, Bias, and of course....Rasta. Of course I had to go through a bit of initiation, testing my boxing knowledge....but luckily passed without too much incident. Rasta was right there to welcome me with open arms. Like many said, over the years Rasta and I had our battles, and unfortunately it broiled over into the early days of TTR....much to my regret. I drove a huge wedge between myself and the likes of ScappooseJohn (whom I considered a very good friend), Astor, FastEddie and Rasta. I always felt badly for those comments and immature attacks/posts, and truly regretted that period. Hopefully I've patched up those "burnt bridges" a while back. Funny thing about Kevin....he and I were both very passionate and ahem, very hot tempered....and at times mistook each other's posts as personal attacks on one another. It's almost like he and I had our internet/boxing board persona, and then the real life discussions behind the scenes in PM's and emails.

I did have to chuckle at someone who related the story of Rasta backing him up in a bar against two big blokes....and yep, I guess that is my thought of Rasta....no matter the circumstance, if he was your friend, he'd definitely be there to have your back. Yes, Rasta and I had our days of keyboard commando warfare against each other...but there was definitely times when I was under "cyber attack" and good ol' Rasta was there to have my back.

Astor, I enjoyed reading your stories about Rasta, and did not realize how close the two of you were, and how much Kevin gave of his time, effort and monetary contributions to TTR. I've always thought you did this all by yourself! Thanks for sharing though, and truly am sorry to hear this horrible news about Kevin's passing. I cannot believe it...57 years old....way too effing young, way too young. It just does not seem real.

Hang in there Astor.

RIP KEVIN SINCLAIR aka Rasta

PS: I hope the rest of you TTR members who I've had the pleasure to discuss boxing with in the past...either here or on ESPN....are doing well. Miss the lot of you boxing gurus! Peace!

No wedge here between you and me. I'm glad you came by posting. I was hoping you would because Kev really enjoyed your posts and your presence. Strong personalities like you and Kev were bound to have some bumps. I think anyone who got to know Kev more in depth ended up butting heads at some point. it was part of the colorful person and relation you could have with him which made him more human than just a handle posting on a website.

You are ALWAYS welcome here and any post you add on TTR is a plus for the community. Glad you are ok and hope you are enjoying life!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

MRC wrote:If I feel this bad, I can't imagine how Astor feels, he was very close to both Rasta and John. Man I hope you are OK, you do a lot for all of us and I know this has to hit you very very hard. Astor if you need people to step up please let me know. I know Rasta helped a lot financially.

It's pretty bad that is for sure. When i called at his work to confirm the bad news, when it was confirmed, i had to hang up quick because it struck me like lightning... instant pain and sadness... started to get all teary... couldn't because i was in public at work. Terrible news. It's crazy how disease took out two of our best members... two of the most important ones... so much questions and unfinished conversations... I'm sad Kev couldn't say goodbye to everyone too. Huge loss for me and a Huge loss for TTR.

It's important to remember these moments. Because often the negativity in here is insane. We should go back to supporting each other and offering comprehensive approach so that anyone suffering mentally or physically can share their burden on TTR. That is what it used to be and it forged some wonderful friendship that will last through time.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

Live life. Never know what tommorow brings. I have been reminded to many times of late.
chuck9788

Post by chuck9788 »

I remember when Rasta (before, during and after fights) would step outside on to his back yard (which is the Yukon wilderness) for a "smoke" break and to take his dogs out.
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

I joined ESPN right before this site was created.. I was going off one day about how it was full of clowns over there, and Rasta told me to come here. he was always cool to me, but he was also very open on what he disagreed with. Which I respected immensely.

Rasta, Woo, Astor, Eddi, Gotiye, and many others have no idea how they have impacted the boxing side of my life...

" They say you dont know what u doing till u stop doin it,
Well call me clueless, cuz I do this "
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Vastud75 wrote:I joined ESPN right before this site was created.. I was going off one day about how it was full of clowns over there, and Rasta told me to come here. he was always cool to me, but he was also very open on what he disagreed with. Which I respected immensely.

Rasta, Woo, Astor, Eddi, Gotiye, and many others have no idea how they have impacted the boxing side of my life...

Good stuff, VA.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Vastud75 wrote:I joined ESPN right before this site was created.. I was going off one day about how it was full of clowns over there, and Rasta told me to come here. he was always cool to me, but he was also very open on what he disagreed with. Which I respected immensely.

Rasta(Along With Woo) was one of the first posters to really Make me Feel Welcome at ESPN and post more than i had been....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
MRC

Post by MRC »

I hope I don't offend anyone and I know Rasta was very close to Atheist but this song is for me, I hope it doesn't offend.

5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Good lookin', MRC. I thought this rather apropos myself as well.

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

It was great when Rasta was on ESPN... he was more laid back... relax... almost ALWAYS positive and supporting about everything. I used to work night shifts at 11pm east so 8pm his time and we used to have good talks at those hours. It was always great to trade thoughts with him. When Rasta was calm, he talked a generally accepted type of wisdom and common sense if that can exist.

BTW i almost never called him Kevin... same thing for him, he never called me Antoine. The rare times i did, he always replied "hey you never call me Kevin..."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

When i first started posting on ESPN, must be 15years ago or more, i used to just discuss boxing. Started to drop download links for everyone but scapp preferred i didn't so i started a blog page where i posted the links and linked it on espn. Rasta backed me a lot during that time. I obviously wasn't good in english so he took me under his wing. i was able to have more freedom. He introduced me to scapp which helped me be able to help the transition to TTR better once it had to happen. Without him TTR would def not have happened.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

We used to always mess with him about the weather and where he lived... He'd say i'm going out to buy something. we'd say it will be long by the time you tie all the dogs to the slay go there and back... Saying he had telegraph internet...

Return to “TTR HOF”